[1.9.x, 1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x] Part Wizard Continued

linuxgurugamer

This is a continuation of the Part Wizard mod, originally written by @ozraven, original thread is here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/72468-113-part-wizard-125-22-jun-2016/

MAB2Eix.png

The new version for KSP 1.4.1 has new dependencies

Dependencies

CKAN has been updated to install the dependencies, if needed.

Introduction

Part Wizard is a vehicle design utility plugin that adds a few conveniences when building your next strut/booster carrier.

• Provides a list of parts with part highlighting for easier identification.
  • Allows deleting of parts from the list on eligible parts.
  • Allows complete control of symmetry on eligible parts.
  • Allows selecting parts for Action Group assignment.
  • Shows either all parts or only those that are hidden from the editor's Parts List. (Helpful in finding obsolete parts when mod authors make updates.)
  • Shows unavailable parts in career modes with options to buy one or all necessary parts for launch.
  • Uses the new part highlighting capability introduced in KSP 0.90.
  • Action Group support.
  • Career mode part purchasing support.
  • New icons with stock toolbar support.
  • Special colors for fuel lines and struts

Pics for Clicks (Updated for 1.2.x)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Download

Spacedock: http://spacedock.info/mod/1148/Part Wizard Continued

Source:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/PartWizard

License: Modified BSD License

Patreon.png

https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

Edited by linuxgurugamer

TYTYTYTYTY ! I missed symmetry removal, IIRC part wizard is the only mod having this feature. Not to mention a list of all parts. You can always forget that extra strut somewhere between engine and cockpit :)

My SSTOs will thank you sir !

Edited by fatcargo

18 minutes ago, fatcargo said:

TYTYTYTYTY ! I missed symmetry removal, IIRC part wizard is the only mod having this feature. Not to mention a list of all parts. You can always forget that extra strut somewhere between engine and cockpit :)

My SSTOs will thank you sir !

Doesn't Editor Extensions have that?

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Nope. Part Wizard AFAIK. And i don't blame you - so many mods have been rebooted to KSP 1.2.2 because of you, it is hard to catch what goes where. I hope others with more time decide to help out. This is a worthy cause.

Edited by fatcargo

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It does but Part Wizard (I believe - remember seeing it I think but never used it) lets you remove symmetry from its window where it lists parts rather than having to hunt down the part and click it with a key combination

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I got an IndexOutOfRangeException, I guess it could be because I added

Still in game, the last lines of output_log.txt (I found it in AppData/LocalLow ...):

[PartWizard] PartWizardWindow.OnRender() unexpected exception caught.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[PartWizard] Array index is out of range.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[PartWizard]   at PartWizard.PartWizardWindow.OnRender () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[PartWizard] PartWizard.GUIWindow.InternalRender Window rendering error, details follow:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at PartWizard.PartWizardWindow.OnRender () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
PartWizard.GUIWindow:InternalRender(Int32)
UnityEngine.LayoutedWindow:DoWindow(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

(Filename:  Line: 422)

QuickStart(QPersistent)[2.13]: autoSaveShip: save

The full log until now:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qyofr0qzul67x0s/2017-05-04-1 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

Edited by Gordon Dry

No, I didn't hide anything yet.

And after my last post I removed Janitor's Closet but that wasn't the culprit.

So it's something else...

I got three issues of the mod "crashing down" but KSP still okay to be used, but I had no nerves to pin down the case here until now.

What came to my attention:

Why should the folder "PluginData" be directly inside the main folder "PartWizard" and not under the usual folder "PartWizard\Plugins" like in other mods?

Could that be a reason for problems or is it another spot to look for?

My intuition says that mods that quirk the KSP UI like

• double buttons in part context menu windows that say "Show UI" twice incl. two lists of possible fuel configs below
  • two appearences of "Next texture" and "Previous texture"

etc. could crash PartWizard... ?!

I just removed everything that has a "Procedural" in it's name (for sake, I like those parts, but they bummer me) but the issue crashing Part Wizard is still there.

Here are the logs from my last game session without Procedural anything and without Janitor's Closet:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0e6xron5avp01zt/2017-05-06-1 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

In short:

[LOG 15:23:04.752] [PartWizard] PartWizardWindow.OnRender() unexpected exception caught.
[LOG 15:23:04.753] [PartWizard] Array index is out of range.
[LOG 15:23:04.754] [PartWizard]   at PartWizard.PartWizardWindow.OnRender () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[LOG 15:23:04.757] [PartWizard] PartWizard.GUIWindow.InternalRender Window rendering error, details follow:
[EXC 15:23:04.759] IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
	PartWizard.PartWizardWindow.OnRender ()
	UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)
[EXC 15:23:04.762] IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
	PartWizard.PartWizardWindow.OnRender ()
[ERR 15:23:04.762] GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

I launched KSP_x64.exe with administrative rights with these arguments: -force-opengl -no-singlethreaded

COULD it be that "-no-singlethreaded" is bad, bad, bad and a relict from summer 2016 that Unity (barf!) does not like?

On 5/6/2017 at 10:21 AM, Gordon Dry said:

Why should the folder "PluginData" be directly inside the main folder "PartWizard" and not under the usual folder "PartWizard\Plugins" like in other mods?

Because that is where I put it.  It's in the Plugins when using some internal XML code, and there is no way to change that.  But I try to minimize the directory depths.

Any chance of getting the craft that you are working with?

You are aware of other errors in the log, unrelated to this:

Failed to load assembly E:\Spiele\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Principia\x64\principia.dll:
System.BadImageFormatException: Format of the executable (.exe) or library (.dll) is invalid.
  at Mono.Cecil.PE.ImageReader.ReadOptionalHeaders (System.UInt16& subsystem, System.UInt16& dll_characteristics) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Mono.Cecil.PE.ImageReader.ReadImage () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Mono.Cecil.PE.ImageReader.ReadImageFrom (System.IO.Stream stream) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.IO.Stream stream, Mono.Cecil.ReaderParameters parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.String fileName, Mono.Cecil.ReaderParameters parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.ScanForBadTypeRefs (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Edited by linuxgurugamer

and:

Module SSTUAnimateLight threw during OnLoad: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at SSTUTools.LightData..ctor (.ConfigNode node, .Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SSTUTools.SSTUAnimateLight.loadConfigData (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SSTUTools.SSTUAnimateLight.initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SSTUTools.SSTUAnimateLight.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ConnectedLivingSpace.ModuleDockingHatch.OnAwake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartModule.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
Part:AddModule(String, Boolean)
Part:AddModule(ConfigNode, Boolean)
PartLoader:ParsePart(UrlConfig, ConfigNode)
<CompileParts>c__Iterator62:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

You have gobs and gobs of exceptions during loading.  You should figure out why you are getting so many.

tweakscale is having a real fit over writeDryCost

And IR....

There are so many errors, it's impossible to know if any of those caused a problem which impacted the editor.  Send me the craft file, I'll see what I can do, but you really need to clean up these errors.

So far, the only thing I can see is that if something is creating new part categories on the fly, that can cause a problem in PartWizard.

Hmm, still the same:

[PartWizard]   at PartWizard.PartWizardWindow.OnRender () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[PartWizard] PartWizard.GUIWindow.InternalRender Window rendering error, details follow:

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

And after that the dV calcs of MJ inside VAB were borked...

14 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Hmm, still the same:

And after that the dV calcs of MJ inside VAB were borked...

Craft file, please.

And, if you installed your mods via ckan, the KSP/CKAN/installed-default.ckan file please

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.