[1.9.x, 1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x] Part Wizard Continued

linuxgurugamer

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

While making a complex, very small probe yesterday, I realized that this mod could benefit from a feature where, when you click a part in the list, it becomes the "active" part in the editor.

Why? I think it would be really great to be able to select a part that is behind/under another one. Currently, I use WASD Camera to do this: I move slowly very close to the overlapping part until it "clip" through the camera, giving access to the part behind/under it...

That is, yet, another request... :rolleyes:

As always, thanks for everything you do for the KSP community.

• 4 months later...
On 25/10/2017 at 3:57 AM, Galenmacil said:

While making a complex, very small probe yesterday, I realized that this mod could benefit from a feature where, when you click a part in the list, it becomes the "active" part in the editor.

Why? I think it would be really great to be able to select a part that is behind/under another one. Currently, I use WASD Camera to do this: I move slowly very close to the overlapping part until it "clip" through the camera, giving access to the part behind/under it...

That is, yet, another request... :rolleyes:

As always, thanks for everything you do for the KSP community.

10000000% this

Had the same thought ages ago.

When in editor some times its hard to select a part but if we could some how have this awesome tool show all parts on the ship while in the editor and allow us to lets say left shift plus click a part in the list of parts it then selects it as the active part we can then move,rotate the part as we see fit.

This mod would be even more amazeing if it allowed this function as 1000`s of times I have struggled to select s small part on a craft.

• 1 month later...

Hi. I tried the latest PartWizard on 1.4.3, and got this exception on KSP.LOG:

[LOG 10:16:01.772] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'PartWizardPlugin' from assembly 'PartWizard'
[EXC 10:16:01.778] MissingManifestResourceException: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure "PartWizard.Resources.Strings.resour
ces" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "PartWizard" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.
        System.Resources.ResourceManager.AssemblyResourceMissing (System.String fileName)
        System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet (System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents)
        System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString (System.String name, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
        PartWizard.Resources.Strings.get_ViewTypeAll ()
        PartWizard.PartWizardWindow..ctor (System.String name, System.String version)
        PartWizard.PartWizardPlugin.Awake ()
        UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
        AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
        AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
        AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
        AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
        UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

Link to full KSP.log.

Very strange, I don't know what happened.

But, I've fixed it with a new release:

1.3.7.1:

• Updated code for Toolbarcontroller
  • Added ToolbarRegistration
  • removed blizzy/stock options from setting

There is something wrong with the build, please wait

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey @linuxgurugamer, just installed the mod and was curious how it would report on some vessels I've built earlier. As soon as I select stage asc. or desc. mode, some lines are displayed on to op each other, flickering like crazy (I'd say 10 or 15 Hertz). This seems only to affect part groups having symmetry (e.g. a radial decoupler plus drop tank in 2x symmetry, the lines for the decouplers and tanks are flickering as if fast changing position with each other), and only happens with vessels built before I installed this mod, not while building new vessels or loading a vessel built with this mod active. 

Is that a known issue?

KSP 1.8.1, PW 1.3.8, I also use EEX 3.4.1, KER 1.1.7.1 and Basic dv 1.8.8, thinking of any mods active in VAB

Thanks and I'm curious for your reply :) 

Sent you a PM with a link, example craft, stock.

Here all the parts of "2" are affected.

And hovering the mouse over any of lines in "2" makes a wonderful green and yellow stroboscopic light of that stage :D 

In the stage overview on the bottom right I can see the focus fast switching between the decoupler and the Terrier.

Edited by VoidSquid

16 hours ago, VoidSquid said:

Hey @linuxgurugamer, just installed the mod and was curious how it would report on some vessels I've built earlier. As soon as I select stage asc. or desc. mode, some lines are displayed on to op each other, flickering like crazy (I'd say 10 or 15 Hertz). This seems only to affect part groups having symmetry (e.g. a radial decoupler plus drop tank in 2x symmetry, the lines for the decouplers and tanks are flickering as if fast changing position with each other), and only happens with vessels built before I installed this mod, not while building new vessels or loading a vessel built with this mod active. 

Is that a known issue?

KSP 1.8.1, PW 1.3.8, I also use EEX 3.4.1, KER 1.1.7.1 and Basic dv 1.8.8, thinking of any mods active in VAB

Thanks and I'm curious for your reply :) 

I see the problem when I select Stage Ascending, but not descending.  Very strange, I'll have to dig into it on Monday night

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I see the problem when I select Stage Ascending

So I'm not imaging things? Thanks :) 

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'll have to dig into it on Monday night

As I said, low importance, no worries :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.