[1.9.x, 1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x] Part Wizard Continued

linuxgurugamer

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Renfrew said:

Thank you so much for picking up the mod.

I am not sure where I can report a repeatable bug, so I create an issue on the GitHub and mention here.

report it here, in case it's not a bug, someone else besides myself can help sometimes

6 hours ago, Renfrew said:

Thank you so much for picking up the mod.

I am not sure where I can report a repeatable bug, so I create an issue on the GitHub and mention here.

Following up on this:

I've closed the issue on Github because I was able to do the same test on a KSP 1.9.1 install with the current version, and it worked without any problem. 

Your report is lacking in almost everything, including a log file, version of KSP, version of the mod, Operating system, etc.

If you can replicate it after rebooting your computer, come back and post the information needed, along with a written list of steps need to follow to replicate it.  Include all mouse click, what control the mouse was over, etc.

KSP: 1.10.0.2917 (WindowsPlayer) x64_ en-US
Problem: Hover the mouse on the part name within Part Wizard Panel will cause the parts on editor flashing green and yellow.

Mods Installed:

Part Wizard and its dependencies (I simply delete other mods I used from GameData folder)
Version should be 1.3.8.1 (However, the panel in game shows 1.3.0.0. This should another bug)

Reproduction Steps:

1. Go to SPH and choose MK1 Cockpit. Then add a FLT200 Fuel Tank on the back.
  2. change the symmetry mode and add 8 basic fin to the fuel tank.
  3. Hold "Alt" and click on the fuel tank to copy the tank and 8 basic fin. Then, add the copied part to the back. and mod bug I described occurred.

https://youtu.be/0-BXpdUNscc

Other Note: The twelve fin would cause the issue.

Log:
Player.log

// PartWizard.version

"NAME": "PartWizardContinued",
"URL": "http://ksp.spacetux.net/avc/PartWizard",
"DOWNLOAD": "https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/PartWizard/releases",
"GITHUB": {
"USERNAME": "linuxgurugamer",
"REPOSITORY": "PartWizard"
},
"VERSION": {
"MAJOR": 1,
"MINOR": 3,
"PATCH": 8,
"BUILD": 1
},
"KSP_VERSION_MIN": {
"MAJOR": 1,
"MINOR": 8,
"PATCH": 0
}
}

10 hours ago, Renfrew said:

KSP: 1.10.0.2917 (WindowsPlayer) x64_ en-US
Problem: Hover the mouse on the part name within Part Wizard Panel will cause the parts on editor flashing green and yellow.

Mods Installed:

Part Wizard and its dependencies (I simply delete other mods I used from GameData folder)
Version should be 1.3.8.1 (However, the panel in game shows 1.3.0.0. This should another bug)

Reproduction Steps:

1. Go to SPH and choose MK1 Cockpit. Then add a FLT200 Fuel Tank on the back.
  2. change the symmetry mode and add 8 basic fin to the fuel tank.
  3. Hold "Alt" and click on the fuel tank to copy the tank and 8 basic fin. Then, add the copied part to the back. and mod bug I described occurred.

https://youtu.be/0-BXpdUNscc

Other Note: The twelve fin would cause the issue.

Log:
Player.log

This is perfect, thank you

And I was able to reproduce it.

Interesting that it depends on the number of fins, worked properly with 6, but not 8

It may be a day or so before I get some time to fix it (and then again, maybe not).

Depends on work

Thank you for spending time on it. But I have to correct you that any number of fins or other parts could cause the issue. I tried mirror and keep coping it, and it fail eventually. I also tried other parts such as tanks, it fails as well.

Just now, Renfrew said:

Thank you for spending time on it. But I have to correct you that any number of fins or other parts could cause the issue. I tried mirror and keep coping it, and it fail eventually. I also tried other parts such as tanks, it fails as well.

Well, in my short test, 6 fins were ok, 8 were not.

Doesn't matter, as long as I can replicate it.

Just to confirm, the problem happens after you've duplicated a part with symmetry already, correct?

What happens if you save the vessel, exit and reenter the editor and load the vessel?

I'm trying to identify if this is a problem with the duplicating of the part or with duplicated parts in general

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Just to confirm, the problem happens after you've duplicated a part with symmetry already, correct

I just finish a test. 

1. Add a PPD-12 Cupola Module

2. Add one Rockomax X200-8 Fuel Tank by dragging from the part list.

3. Repeat the step 2, until the issue occurred. (In fact, in this test, when there are enough number of parts, there may be two or more parts will be marked as green)

So I believe this is a problem with duplicated parts in general.

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What happens if you save the vessel, exit and reenter the editor and load the vessel?

I noticed this problem on a saved ship.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I'd like to suggest to add a (togglable) column that shows the path of the respective part similar to your PartInfo mod, quite helpful to find and replace obsolete parts in craft files.

In your opinion. what would be the smartest way to perma prune obsolete parts? Several in-flight crafts, as well as several craft files have those.

Atm, I can only think of perma prune (JC), check the errors next time I'm about to load the save game, un-prune the parts, and replace them one by one.

Edited by VoidSquid

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2021 at 10:47 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.3.8.3

• Added AssemblyFileVersion
  • Updated version file for 1.12

Hey there @linuxgurugamer, I'm glad I found this mod! This another great QoL mod from you, and one that I didn't even know I wanted! I'm often dropping parts inside of other parts, and if I'm building a large craft a CTRL-Z can take several seconds.

Actually I found this mod while trying to find a mod to do something a bit more specific: I'm trying to get a list of the parts on the craft, and also have the ability to sort them by weight and/or cost. I'm constantly re-engineering my spaceships to save on mass and d/v, and it would be a huge help being able to quickly see what parts are contributing most to the mass of the ship.

My question is: since you know your own code best, how feasible would it be for me to modify the mod so that the list is sorted by weight? I have absolutely no experience in creating mods for KSP, but I do have programming experience and I figure sorting a list by an attribute can't be that difficult... or can it? :p

Thank you for your thoughts!

7 hours ago, Artyloo said:

question is: since you know your own code best, how feasible would it be for me to modify the mod so that the list is sorted by weight? I have absolutely no experience in creating mods for KSP, but I do have programming experience and I figure sorting a list by an attribute can't be that difficult... or can it?

Not knowing your ability, I can't really say.

Send me a PM, and I'll see if I can do it in the next week or so

14 hours ago, Artyloo said:

Hey there @linuxgurugamer, I'm glad I found this mod! This another great QoL mod from you, and one that I didn't even know I wanted! I'm often dropping parts inside of other parts, and if I'm building a large craft a CTRL-Z can take several seconds.

Actually I found this mod while trying to find a mod to do something a bit more specific: I'm trying to get a list of the parts on the craft, and also have the ability to sort them by weight and/or cost. I'm constantly re-engineering my spaceships to save on mass and d/v, and it would be a huge help being able to quickly see what parts are contributing most to the mass of the ship.

My question is: since you know your own code best, how feasible would it be for me to modify the mod so that the list is sorted by weight? I have absolutely no experience in creating mods for KSP, but I do have programming experience and I figure sorting a list by an attribute can't be that difficult... or can it? :p

Thank you for your thoughts!

I think sorting by weight and cost to boot could be very useful when trying to cut down costs or weight of course.

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.3.9

• Updated dll name for CKAN compatiblity
  • Added sort by weight

Wow, that's amazing! I didn't expect you to do this, and so quickly. You've without a doubt saved me many hours.

However, it doesn't seem to work for me on 1.10. Here's the error window I'm getting, and here are the things I've tried:

Partwizard 1.3.9 on my current savefile: Not working, same error window;

Partwizard 1.3.9 on a cloned ckan instance (with no mods except the ones recommended by the mod, aka CTB, Toolbar, AVC : Not working, same error window);

Partwizard 1.3.9 on a brand new KSP 1.10 install  (with no mods except the ones recommended by the mod, aka CTB, Toolbar, AVC : Not working, same error window);

Partwizard  1.3.8.3  on a brand new KSP 1.10 install (no mods, same thing);

Partwizard 1.3.8.3 on a brand new KSP 1.10 install (no mods, same errors, and installed manually instead of via CKAN).

I didn't test in 1.12 since I figured that's the version you tested in and it must work, however I can't play that version yet.

CPU: Ryzen 3600

GPU: 5700xt

Ram: 32gb 3600

Link to output.log ( for Partwizard 1.3.9 on a cloned ckan instance) https://www.dropbox.com/s/0hliy7mf1hdg5zb/log.txt?dl=0

Reproduction steps:

1. Load any craft in the VAB /SPH | Create any new crafts with parts in VAB/SPH

2. Click on the Parts Wizard icon

3. Error window appears

Let me know if you need more more info!

1 hour ago, Artyloo said:

However, it doesn't seem to work for me on 1.10. Here's the error window I'm getting, and here are the things I've tried:

ah.  Probably isn't going to work in 1.10,  it's built against 1.12.

I'll test and get the version file updated if that's the case.

Sorry

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.