FASA 1.2 compatibility etc.

StarfishLeader

20 hours ago, StarfishLeader said:

Anyone mind briefing me on what the status of FASA mod is? How do i make it more 1.2 compatible? Are there any news on @NathanKell 's updates on it or whoever is maintaining it atm. Are there any updates? TELL ME PLZ

I only took a quick look but it seems like @raidernick is maintaining it (the latest GitHub release is by him). Your best bet is to browse the FASA forum thread for an answer then, if you don't find an answer to your question, you should ask your question on that thread.

3 hours ago, Gianni1122 said:

I only took a quick look but it seems like @raidernick is maintaining it (the latest GitHub release is by him). Your best bet is to browse the FASA forum thread for an answer then, if you don't find an answer to your question, you should ask your question on that thread.

Think his is a RO set not stock

44 minutes ago, MeCripp said:

Think his is a RO set not stock

The mod is on the RO git, but it is the plain stock mod. As with all mods the RO changes are kept in separate config files distributed with RO, not FASA. I have fixed all of the bad collider problems with the parts. Currently the landing gear parts are all broken because of the KSP update. I have no intention of wasting my time trying to fix them as wheels/landing gear are a NIGHTMARE to get working properly now(not that they were easy before either). You could "fix" them by removing the landing gear modules and just using modulenaimategeneric. This would mean you couldn't control them with "g" and they would have no shock absorbing capability, but at least they would extend/retract properly. I do this for all my mod parts that need landing gear because of how annoying it is to get the actual landing gear module to work.

Also, I am on an extended semi-permanent break from ksp as I'm sick to death of it so I wouldn't be spending the time to try and fix it anyway.

If someone wants to update the configs to use the generic animate module and any other minor config changes needed for 1.2, make a PR on the fasa git and I will review and merge it and make a new release.

Edited by raidernick

@raidernick stock now has a functionality to add moduleanimategeneric nodes to action groups. So you can set any generic animation to lights, gear, etc.

<no shame> For what it's worth, my mod Bluedog Design Bureau is updated and covers much of the same stuff as FASA. No RO configs (someone should really make some!!!) but it works fine in stock and with rescales (we have custom SMURFF configs all the way up to 64k)

</I would have my shame back now but I didn't have any to begin with>

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

@raidernick stock now has a functionality to add moduleanimategeneric nodes to action groups. So you can set any generic animation to lights, gear, etc.

<no shame> For what it's worth, my mod Bluedog Design Bureau is updated and covers much of the same stuff as FASA. No RO configs (someone should really make some!!!) but it works fine in stock and with rescales (we have custom SMURFF configs all the way up to 64k)

</I would have my shame back now but I didn't have any to begin with>

LOL you are a shame less wolf it's not that you cover alot of FASA or even there about the same there are your textures which are good but have there look and then there is FASA with there texture and look that are just not the same and there are alot of mods that just don't fit together ya'll each have your own look and style well better just stop there lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.