What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

On 5/7/2017 at 0:21 AM, Ultimate Steve said:

So, if anyone wants the full story I'll type it, but if nobody wants it, I'll just summarize (because it would take 15mins to write).

The highlights of today:

• I broke an elevator
  • I found out that my high school is technically 11 stories tall instead of 4
  • I played one of these things:

Image result for pvc pipe instrument

If anyone wants the full story, just say so!

Wow look at that, where'd you get a picture of the internet from outside?

Well... it wasn't funny... but it was interesting... I suppose. I was just coming home from a friends, and I was behind a dump truck... and yup, you guessed it. A small rock, probably the size of a walnut, came flying out the back, bounced, and.... well.... now I have an 8" crack in my windshield. And let me tell you, it all seemed to happen in slow motion... I knew I was going to get hit... and the closer that little rock got, the bigger it seemed... :0.0:

So... I was already almost home, and it's just one big crack, not a complete spiderweb, so it could have been a lot worse. But I'll still need to replace the stupid windshield. :P

I just realized recently that the number of protagonists in each movie of the Dollars trilogy directly correlates to the number of the movie. 

First movie, one protagonist.

Second movie, two protagonists.

Third movie, three protagonists.

10 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Well... it wasn't funny... but it was interesting... I suppose. I was just coming home from a friends, and I was behind a dump truck... and yup, you guessed it. A small rock, probably the size of a walnut, came flying out the back, bounced, and.... well.... now I have an 8" crack in my windshield. And let me tell you, it all seemed to happen in slow motion... I knew I was going to get hit... and the closer that little rock got, the bigger it seemed... :0.0:

So... I was already almost home, and it's just one big crack, not a complete spiderweb, so it could have been a lot worse. But I'll still need to replace the stupid windshield. :P

Sounds mighty Kerbal, if you ask me. I wonder if that's how Kerbals feel the moment we run them into something...

4 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Sounds mighty Kerbal, if you ask me. I wonder if that's how Kerbals feel the moment we run them into something...

Probably... I'm sure I was wearing my freaked out kerbal face when it happened... lol.  :0.0:

My crush actually noticed me after like a year now. 

The thing is, she does not smile and wave or say hi, but she just gives me an embarrasing, look wich i do not think is positive.

Anyways, i also thought of a new story.

Edited by NSEP

1 hour ago, Shadow Wolf56 said:

Well, some dude at school asked me "how are you so smart!!!"

Someone actually asked me the same question, and i answered: "Im not smart, you are just dumb".

I like to roast my friends.

Getting a bad sore throat and cough. Not fun. And I also have to deal with four Kerbals stuck in a 100 ton craft in Ike orbit with not NEARLY enough fuel to get home. Also, I did more math and found out how Lucio from Overwatch could "accidentally" sterilize the entire planet, and my brain wants to explode as a result.

*really deep sigh*

I have been considering building the instrument that the blue and red guys play in Starship Groove, and jokingly asked a friend yesterday where I could get a dozen pairs of Donkey Kong bongos for the buttons. Unfortunately, I forgot I have a birthday party coming up. Sometime last night he sent me a text, "there's 34 used on Amazon and guess how many are your present". I've made it clear that I don't want to have to trash the whole set of bongos just for the buttons, and I really want plain hardware store buttons, but of course now he refuses to tell me whether or not he actually ordered all those bongos and I won't find out until Saturday!

8 hours ago, NSEP said:

Someone actually asked me the same question, and i answered: "Im not smart, you are just dumb".

I like to roast my friends.

Reminds me of the time when some people ask me, "You're quiet, aren't you?" I just say, "No, I just talk to those who are worthy. Most of you aren't."

But really, I only talk to my friends which are only in certain classes.

1 hour ago, The Raging Sandwich said:

Reminds me of the time when some people ask me, "You're quiet, aren't you?" I just say, "No, I just talk to those who are worthy. Most of you aren't."

AWW...I wish I thought of that :D that sounds like a great response to the idiocracy that is the public school majority

but today I completed my calendar to replace the evil Gregorian Calendar, HAPPY NORAW 24 EVERYBODY!!

Edited by StupidAndy

PE class is outside today! Its time to get stinged by mosquites, get itchy blister spots, hell maybe even get bitten my a mite and get lime disease! have fun!

12 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

AWW...I wish I thought of that :D that sounds like a great response to the idiocracy that is the public school majority

I didn't think of it, but it was a good thing so I used it. And yes, the majority of students are as dumb as a rock. If idiots could fly, my school would be an airport. (Also not original)

This is rather interesting... The last few weeks down here in Florida have been beautiful... but really dry, and there are wildfires springing up all over. It's happened before, and we just need to buckle down until the rainy season starts. But a few days ago a preserve here called Starkey Park caught fire, and within minutes a few acre fire turned into a thousand... And anyone downwind was screwed... This is a picture from 2 days ago of an intersection not 5 miles from here.

OtrVFCc.png

Now, the good news is the fire is mostly contained... but it still reeks, especially downwind. And the wind shifted our way (again) overnight... and it was horrible this morning. Then it shifted again and more or less cleared out again a couple hours ago.

What's fascinating besides the fire itself is I have 3 big birdbaths in my backyard, and a whole bunch of different species birds are out there right now going crazy in them!!! Jumping and splashing around and making a general mess... I've never seen so many crowded around them at once. It's a riot to watch, and it really makes me wonder if they're trying to wash the smoke smell out of their feathers! 

Edited by Just Jim

4 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

OtrVFCc.png

Reminds me of 2011. Our area had a ton of wildfires, and the smoke was horrendous. I remember coming back from a family trip in Colorado and a sign at the exit gate (For the cars) Said "102 consecutive days of having a high of above 100º." That summer was terrible. But somehow we didn't get burnt to a crisp!

OK, here's something much more fun and interesting that just happened... I went outside, and this little critter was running around upside down on my porch ceiling! 

GbNp7uZ.jpg

YIciuOs.jpg

It was about 6 inches, really big for a gecko, at least the ones we get, and ran incredibly fast upside down! I followed it around for a couple minutes, then took these and left it alone... they eat lots of bugs, and I don't want to actually scare it off.

Edited by Just Jim

5 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

OK, here's something much more fun and interesting that just happened... I went outside, and this little critter was running around upside down on my porch ceiling! 

It was about 6 inches, really big for a gecko, at least the ones we get, and ran incredibly fast upside down! I followed it around for a couple minutes, then took these and left it alone... they eat lots of bugs, and I don't want to actually scare it off.

[Edited by adsii1970 - removed images]

@Just Jim - better watch out, he might be trying to sell you car insurance... :D

Got my car running again. The part that was broken cost me 160 bucks on ebay and it took 15 minutes to replace it. 

Guess what it would have cost me in the shop?

That's right,  900 bucks (the exact same part)