What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

11 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

well this happened...

4xgPXcj.jpg

Congratulations, lad, you should be put in the 1000+ rep group now (not really sure if that's the name, take a gander at the Kerbal Network subforum)

Today just took an interesting twist... we just rescued a rescue cat... so to speak. Long story short, my daughter and her boyfriend just got an apartment, and the cat belonged to their roommates, who rescued her as a kitten. But they couldn't bring her along, and couldn't find her a new home, so me being a crazy cat person, I said bring her over.

Her name is Navi, and she's maybe 3-4.... and currently hiding in a blanket on my bed.

rPJQi9J.jpg

2KVvoTX.jpg

On the subject of cats, we were driving to eat out and we passed by a family of strays. 3 Kittens and a mom. A friend and I tried to help, but they hid in the bushes too well. Also, it was near a porsche dealership. Kinda interesting.

On 8/4/2017 at 11:44 AM, Ultimate Steve said:

I was at this restaurant which had a wall you could sign. I signed it. I also took the liberty of writing "gullible" on the ceiling.

My dad did that at work sometimes when the electrictions came in with the big ladders. :D Its pretty great...

On the subject of cats owning you, my wife's theory is that they just can't outnumber the humans in the household.

So, just before I left my mom's house, there were four of them, two of us. Now it's five of them, one of her.

I guess she's pwned, right?

(...FYI, I just found out that Chrome's spellcheck is just fine with "pwned". Nice, eh?)

I already mentioned this in a PM to @Dman979, who is probably scratching his head about what happened, so I'll clear it up for him and tell everyone else about my contraband meat stick.

So last night, I came home from Canada - the Boy Scouts have two canoeing bases there, one in Atikokan, Ontario and one in Bisset, Manitoba, with a third in the US in Ely, Minnesota. I went to Atikokan and canoed around the North Crownlands for eight days. I caught two bass and a pike while fishing. My crew left on two flights: one from Thunder Bay to Toronto, and then from Toronto to Dulles Airport near DC. As we were going through customs to reenter the US, I forgot to declare the teriyaki meat stick in my carry-on the entry form, so when the customs officer asked if I had food with me, I remembered the meat stick and said, "Yes, I have a meat stick." Since I didn't declare it on the form, I got to sit for fifteen minutes while TSA (Transportation Stupidity Slowness Security Administration) ran my bags through a special scanner. When I was questioned by another officer, she asked me to show her the "contraband meat product." She looked at the wrapper, saw the "Proudly made in the USA!" sticker, and said that it wasn't a problem because the meat was made and packaged in America, imported to Canada, and then brought back still sealed.

*Facepalm*

There's twenty minutes my crew and I will never get back.

Edited by TheKosanianMethod

41 minutes ago, TheKosanianMethod said:

I already mentioned this in a PM to @Dman979, who is probably scratching his head about what happened, so I'll clear it up for him and tell everyone else about my contraband meat stick.

So last night, I came home from Canada - the Boy Scouts have two canoeing bases there, one in Atikokan, Ontario and one in Bisset, Manitoba, with a third in the US in Ely, Minnesota. I went to Atikokan and canoed around the North Crownlands for eight days. I caught two bass and a pike while fishing. My crew left on two flights: one from Thunder Bay to Toronto, and then from Toronto to Dulles Airport near DC. As we were going through customs to reenter the US, I forgot to declare the teriyaki meat stick in my carry-on the entry form, so when the customs officer asked if I had food with me, I remembered the meat stick and said, "Yes, I have a meat stick." Since I didn't declare it on the form, I got to sit for fifteen minutes while TSA (Transportation Stupidity Slowness Security Administration) ran my bags through a special scanner. When I was questioned by another officer, she asked me to show her the "contraband meat product." She looked at the wrapper, saw the "Proudly made in the USA!" sticker, and said that it wasn't a problem because the meat was made and packaged in America, imported to Canada, and then brought back still sealed.

*Facepalm*

There's twenty minutes my crew and I will never get back.

I feel more secure already. :rolleyes:

Back when I was traveling for work a lot, around 2004 or so, I was in Houston and finished my assignment early. I looked on the airline site and saw that there was an earlier flight out, so I decide to head over to the airport to see if I could grab a seat on that flight and get home early. I get to the airport and the airline is more than happy to book me on the earlier flight because my original flight was overbooked. But because of my fare class and since it was very last minute (the flight was departing in about 30 minutes) the easiest way for them to change the ticket was to cancel my original booking, give me a credit, then rebook my travel as a discounted one-way ticket on the earlier flight. I grab my boarding pass and head for the TSA line. When I get to the checkpoint, TSA decides that since I booked a last-minute one-way ticket with no checked baggage I'm a security risk and therefore have to be subjected to secondary screening. The secondary screening takes 20 freaking minutes! Which causes me to miss the boarding for my newly booked flight. I start talking to the gate agents about rebooking on my previous flight, but it's overbooked, I can't get a seat on it anymore. The earliest flight they could get me on was at 9:00 that night. So instead of going home a couple of hours earlier, now I ended up going home four hours later. Thanks TSA!

Edited by TheSaint
Funny/Sad/Infuriating TSA Story

1 hour ago, TheSaint said:

I would be perfectly happy if I never fly on an airliner again for the rest of my life.

My university knows when I go to a conference I drive... for the very reason I do not feel like being abused by the TSA.

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

My university knows when I go to a conference I drive... for the very reason I do not feel like being abused by the TSA.

What, you don't like not being able to bring a bottle of water on the plane? You don't like being given a pat-down because "Scouts always have knives."?