What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

I had a scare right now

so I was transferring my planet pack (which doesn't load up in KSP, I need help with it, also the RGBA color thing) to show my friend at school whose good at coding, and I transferred it into my flash drive. I then saw that I had 2 files of my thing, one was an older one, and the other was a newer one, I deleted one, and opened the other one, to my great shock, that I deleted my newer one. while I was here, I deleted the older one. I then went to the recycling bin to get the new one back. I then saw that the new one wasn't in the recycling bin. I then returned the older one to figure out if it was salvageable. it was NOT. the entire file was dated and a big mess. then I realized that about 15 minutes ago I posted it on discord to one of my friends. turns out that discord is extremely laggy. so that was out of the question. also it was the older one, so that also is bad. at this moment I thought that my entire work was gone. it wasn't much, but it was the first thing I coded that wasn't a complete mess. then I realized. I erased the copy on my FLASH DRIVE. I still had the original copy from the computer. so yeah. I transferred the new one to the flash drive, and all was happy.

that was a scare, I will now have a backup of everything. like most good coders do, I'm definitely not one of them, but they do it so I will.

So update on my ankle brace:

Yesterday, I played football (Yay) and I put the brace on. First thing I noticed was how stiff that thing made my ankle. It was super stable, and (Though a little scratchy) felt great. Then, I took it off. OH MY GOD THE OUCH! Yeah, I needed that brace. I couldn't hardly walk for about 10 minutes after taking it off.

Oh also, the interesting thing. So I have this friend in the 8th grade (I know; blasphemy. A Freshman communicating with the puny JR High) who last year broke his wrist after the first game of the Football season. He was out for the entire season. So this year comes around. He's awesome, on the O-line, and everything seems cool. Right? Wrong. After fumbling around with my brace in the locker room, I run outside and see.. My friend, laid out on the ground, a balloon wrapped around his leg, which was obviously broke. His mom had to literally drive her big red suburban onto the football field, pick him up on the field, and drive him to the hospital. He seemed okay with it though. When his mom drove up he just waved like "Hai mom how's your day?" 

19 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

???

That a piece of medical equipment or some ingenious field-medicine?

It's called a Pneumatic splint... falls into the ingenious medical equipment category.  :)

Edited by Just Jim

22 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

???

That a piece of medical equipment or some ingenious field-medicine?

It's like an air splint thingy? Keeps the leg from wiggling around

(I.e. If you break your leg, the splint thingy keeps it from doing the Macarena.)

4 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

It's like an air splint thingy? Keeps the leg from wiggling around

11 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

It's called a Pneumatic splint... falls into the ingenious medical equipment category.  :)

That did cross my mind, but too many mental images for certainty! Like maybe there was an off-duty clown who happened to be very skilled at improvised first aid? WHAT? IT COULD HAPPEN!

1 hour ago, p1t1o said:

That did cross my mind, but too many mental images for certainty! Like maybe there was an off-duty clown who happened to be very skilled at improvised first aid? WHAT? IT COULD HAPPEN!

"Is that you ma?"

"No; it's Giggles the clown!"
"I ded..."

3 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

"Is that you ma?"

"No; it's Giggles the clown!"
"I ded..."

"Urgh my leg..."

"Its ok son, I have stabilised your leg, the paramedics have arrived Ill just go get them."

"Hi, yes, I've stabilised the patient, given him 2cc's of morphine, he has remained concious and lucid with no head trauma. I have also splinted his leg and tied it into the shape of a giraffe."

"Right. Wait..y-you did wh..what?"

"Tied it into the shape of a giraffe obviously, look."

"Oh m..*hurk*...oh my god...."

Dont eat McDonalds breakfast people. The McMuffin has burnt shards of bread that feel sharp and uncomfortable, it feels like eating glass. And both the Pancakes and Syrup taste like cardboard. Now let me take a bite out of my delicious Big Mac.

I dont think i like Maple Syrup in general, im a bigger fan of the more concentrated, thick, dark Syrup.

Whoopsies, this was supposed to be on the complaint thread.

Edited by NSEP

what's good about my school, is that they overreact for things like "preparing to bring back students to the classroom" and other stuff, so we have a week of basically "blah blah, this is what we will do this year, blah blah, sign this, blah blah, tell a bit about yourself" so we get a week of the first day of school

also we have a schedule where we have 2 types of days, and we have both a first and a last day for each of them

so whats good is that I have 2 first days of school, and a week of people "bringing us back to the classroom"

Edited by StupidAndy

28 minutes ago, StupidAndy said:

what's good about my school, is that they overreact for things like "preparing to bring back students to the classroom" and other stuff, so we have a week of basically "blah blah, this is what we will do this year, blah blah, sign this, blah blah, tell a bit about yourself" so we get a week of the first day of school

also we have a schedule where we have 2 types of days, and we have both a first and a last day for each of them

so whats good is that I have 2 first days of school, and a week of people "bringing us back to the classroom"

At my school we have 3 types of days. Monday and Wednesday are A days, Tuesdays and Thursdays are B days, and Fridays are C days. On A and B days we have four classes, but on C days we have all 8.

46 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

At my school we have 3 types of days. Monday and Wednesday are A days, Tuesdays and Thursdays are B days, and Fridays are C days. On A and B days we have four classes, but on C days we have all 8.

Sorta like mine. 8 periods monday, Tuesday and thursday have 1-4, Wednesday and Friday have 5-8

11 hours ago, qzgy said:

Sorta like mine. 8 periods monday, Tuesday and thursday have 1-4, Wednesday and Friday have 5-8

In my school we have 7/8 40 minute periods for all days at max and occasionally 60 minute period, about 2 60 minute periods per week for Science and Biology. An exception is made when PE class is early in the day, then we have a 3 period day.

On 8/24/2017 at 10:29 PM, Ultimate Steve said:

I also have very similar A, B, and C days. However, under normal circumstances it is just alternating A and B days throughout the week. AB days only have two core classes, which each take up two periods out of an 8-period schedule. C-days have every single core class, and they are used if there are going to be days off coming up.

I finally got back from my Eclipse vacation, and I am not very happy. School is starting in about a week and I STILL need to finish my summer work. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted...

23 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

I had an allergic reaction today. And now I'm stuck at home. Greeat..... 

More KSP Time though.....

As I understand it, you live in texas and school has already started. When does your school year end?

For me in NJ, school starts the day after labor dayand ends about mid-June.

24 minutes ago, qzgy said:

More KSP Time though.....

As I understand it, you live in texas and school has already started. When does your school year end?

For me in NJ, school starts the day after labor dayand ends about mid-June.

We got a stupid state grant that gives us the "pleasure" of starting 2 weeks early. However, we get out 2 earlier than everyone else. 

Started August 10th I think