What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

so i was comming into my home airport, NCL (guess where NCL is without google)

and as we came over the A1 the engines spooled up to 104% im guessing and the kids were like "whats happening"

it reminded my mam of one time they were coming back from Mallorca as they came over the mouth of the river the plane droped and all the kids squealed and as they came over the run way it droped 10ft and bounced 3 times my dad turned white mam wasnt bothered :D and the kids, they squealed again

On 04/09/2017 at 5:23 PM, qzgy said:

I learned how to pick lock. Its fun!

I'd learned the theory behind it from some shady .txt files from the internet back in the day, but didn't actually practice it. I didn't think I'd actually ever attempt, let alone succeed.

Fifteen years later, I move in with my wife, and we have (still :mad: ) this really crappy front door. The key would come out wrong sometimes, and you couldn't put it back in. One day, the lock got stuck... in the locked position, with the door wide open. So, there I am, screwdriver in left hand, bent hair clip on the right one... and it friggin' works, just like in the movies! Of course you have to know what you're doing, but I was amazed nonetheless :D 

2 minutes ago, cubinator said:

First day of school for me. Getting to know my calculus teacher, telling him about my speedcubing I told him "I average 16 seconds, 17 in this temperature" because the room was really cold. He said "I think we're going to have a good year."

Wow. I need a minute. Depends on the cube, some are easier to break and put together again.

Edited by Physics Student

My 'A Song About The Old Forum' post got liked by a SQUAD staff member! I know it isn't massive, amazing news, but to me, it's very special. That and accidentally dropping the classes pizza last night (for a celebration of arts thing). Yay? :blush:

Just now, The_Cat_In_Space said:

My 'A Song About The Old Forum' post got liked by a SQUAD staff member! I know it isn't massive, amazing news, but to me, it's very special. That and accidentally dropping the classes pizza last night (for a celebration of arts thing). Yay? :blush:

Yeah... I remember when HarvestR liked one (actually two) of my posts... I freaked out big time!

Also I'm almost finished with a music video I started work on around six months ago! I just need to put three more clips in and do an outro!

So JV scored 4 touchdowns today against Varsity. We got out of 120 up-downs (We left 6 pieces of clothing on the benches in the locker room) and conditioning! However.. It wasn't without sacrifice. I may have had a nosebleed. On my white Jersey. *le sigh*

I live in the capital, work near the congress, and tomorrow is independence day.

I'm seeing military planes flying all over, presumably practicing for tomorrow's display.

TUCANOS ARE FRIGGIN' AWESOME.

Clarification: they may not look like much, but when you see them in flight they pull some crazy-ass maneuvers at some crazy-ass low speeds...

Edited by monstah

Yesterday morning, I had an 18 year old university student come crying to me during my office hours. Her chief complaint is she didn't realize college was going to be so hard. As she went on to plead her case about my policy of no late assignments, she then told me she thought college would be easier, after all, everyone knows you go to college for the great parties and social life. No one really goes expecting to do a lot of hard stuff...

meh.ro4687.jpg

@adsii1970 I'm a reader of Readers Digest, and I read a funny thing: "I'm an English teacher, and one of my students asked me how to spell 'worstest'." This ever happen to you? XD

41 minutes ago, monstah said:

I live in the capital, work near the congress, and tomorrow is independence day.

I'm seeing military planes flying all over, presumably practicing for tomorrow's display.

TUCANOS ARE FRIGGIN' AWESOME.

Clarification: they may not look like much, but when you see them in flight they pull some crazy-ass maneuvers at some crazy-ass low speeds...

Independence Day? But it's Septem...... OH BRAZILIAN INDEPENDENCE! *derp*

On 9/4/2017 at 6:51 PM, kerbinorbiter said:

so i was comming into my home airport, NCL (guess where NCL is without google)

At first I was like "N...N......Newark?"

and as we came over the A1

Then I was like "Nope, Newcastle!"

my mam 

Yup, definitely Newcastle :wink:

Just now, DarkOwl57 said:

@adsii1970 I'm a reader of Readers Digest, and I read a funny thing: "I'm an English teacher, and one of my students asked me how to spell 'worstest'." This ever happen to you? XD

No, not about spelling. But I've had them ask questions like "why were people so stupid back then...?" Which is usually followed by my stock response of "so you really think your generation is any better?!?"

4 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

No, not about spelling. But I've had them ask questions like "why were people so stupid back then...?" Which is usually followed by my stock response of "so you really think your generation is any better?!?"

"And the Battle of New Orleans was actually fought after the war was over."
"Why?"
"Because no-one in the colonies knew the war was over!"
"Why didn't they just go online and check the news?"
*sigh big enough to knock the ISS out of orbit*

3 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

"Why?"
"Because no-one in the colonies knew the war was over!"
"Why didn't they just go online and check the news?"

Um, should I grade this? Sure...

3 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

"Why?"
"Because no-one in the colonies knew the war was over!" No, the U.S. was an independent nation, no longer in a "colonial" status.
"Why didn't they just go online and check the news?"  CNN was too busy covering how General Andrew Jackson seized Pensacola, Florida and was routing English, Spanish, and American Indian militias. Oh, and they accused him of war crimes.

6 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Um, should I grade this? Sure...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. God it's been forever since I took US History; now I'm stuck in the age of the Sumerians :( (Note: I may or may to be reading ahead to the 1900's.. Finished WWI last week, and I just got to Pearl Harbor yesterday.

I was in my school's tuckshop (cafeteria) line, and it's Friday Garlic Bread. I had to be kept in for unfinished homework, but then did it and ran to the tuckshop. The garlic bread (six pieces for $1.50), sells out REALLY quickly, and I got the second last piece! How lucky is that! A few seconds later I saw so many kids leaving after hearing "Sorry we're out of garlic bread".