What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

I did maintenance on my son's bike last night. He had a flat on the rear, and both tires were wearing bald, and the seat and pedals were wearing out. I think I spent more on parts than we spent on the bike in the first place. So after two new tires, two new inner tubes, a new seat, and two new pedals, it's like a whole new bike. It's the Bike of Theseus.

@NSEP that would so be me if I actually possessed a newfangled cellular telephone device... But for me so far I guess the captions would be "Me inside while engaging in social interaction with a girl I like" and "Me inside if the conversation ends well."

I'd like to add something to that, though:

Me inside when the school bell rings right as I open my mouth to speak to her:

Video with linked timestamp because the school internet blocks gifs.

Sometimes it is the simple discoveries that tend to make my day. Today I discovered that my SmartHub surround sound has the Pandora app... this means I can listen to those great tunes from the 1970s and 1980s, my Zydeco Cajun music, classical music, and even jazz/blues in surround sound rather than on my desktop...

Today is good; but yet unfortunately, it is still early...

The "girl i like" send me a heart Emoji via text message. I don't know how i need to feel, because after that she made a inappropriate joke after that, and its an Emoji after all, nothing special at all. Again, i want to talk to her in person, any tips?

Also, i found out how you can easily draw a BFR:

The booster is always 6.5 times the size of the diameter. And the spaceship is always 5.3 times the diameter. Ill post pictures someday. I first thought the spaceship is actually 29.5 meters tall but its actually 48.

32 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

I fixed the air conditioning in my truck. With a $0.10 washer. That's a sense of accomplishment.

And to think, a mechanic would have charged you much more than that... so tell your significant other you're going to need to pay off the mechanic... and treat yourself to something nice... :D