What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

1 hour ago, qzgy said:

It's friggin November and I still have a semi active hive of wasps attached to my window...

Not me. They're deader than Elvis. If they haven't found a warm place to hibernate by now then they are popsicles.

I put up some new listings on my Etsy store [snip]

I also got an order for 9 cards.

I had an idea to lose weight and run through the house.  I thought about running once before but it quickly passed but yesterday I thought of trying it just into the kitchen..... I hit my right hand on the kitchen unit doing this and hurt myself.  Cuts on my fingers and my fingers have been aching all day, it is even painfull to type.  Lesson learned, fitness isn't for me.

I dont care much for my weight anyway.  It is mass I want to get rid of.

Edited by Vanamonde

Well, I've kind of been on a crusade to bring joy back into my life.  Kerbal Space Program for me has been a refuge where I could go and pretend I was in far off places. The learning curve is steep, but the summit is always soo sweet.  The joy of learning and creating shared freely around here.  I try to be a part of that and help out newbies here and there whenever I can.  Helping someone else finally make their first mun landing is pretty much as awesome as doing it the first time yourself! (while not being overbearing, patience is sometimes key I guess)

Anyway, today I was helping out a person with wheel stability issues, and I realized that I knew this person from my childhood.  This person was a victim of waaay long past bullying.  I know because I was the bully.  I don't know if I should bring it up, or what..  But I guess I just did.  I don't know if an apology would be appropriate, but for what it is worth:

I am sorry.  I was motivated by fear of the exact ridicule that I was dishing out.

I'm not going to name names or anything, and I'm not sure that this person realized who I was.  I am just going to leave this here though.

Peace and kindness.

Edited by MrChumley

I got a 90 on a fifteen question chemistry test even though I left the last three questions blank :D (Ran out of time)

EDIT: Nvm, apparently those last three weren't graded lol

Edited by Earthlinger

3 hours ago, MrChumley said:

*snip*

Well, that's certainly an... odd situation, to say the least. 

Anyway, something interesting for me: I got an 8 out of 8 on my Drama essay, which I'm quite happy about with because I am absolutely shambolic when it comes to analysing Greek tragedies. :P 

2 minutes ago, Julien Kerman said:

I am scrolling through this thread instead of writing my german homework :wink:

Me too!

Today we got to choose to what place we want to go to for our school holiday. All my friends are going to London, but i want to go to the Czech Republic because they said we could visit a mountian, and i have never seen a mountian in my life. Im not a big fan of London because i have already been there a couple times and i did not like it. We could also choose for Berlin, but that does not seem as exciting to me as Czech Republic either. 

Anyways i only got one and a half hours of lessons so im good.

3 hours ago, TheKorbinger said:

Got a 44 AFQT on my asvab, also my crush talked to me and i voice cracked while laughing at what she said ;-;

Well, I found out that my crush isn't into guys, so you're doing waaaay better than me...

As far as the interesting part of today, well, I don't believe it has happened yet...

3 hours ago, TheKorbinger said:

Got a 44 AFQT on my asvab, also my crush talked to me and i voice cracked while laughing at what she said ;-;

You are lucky that your crush talked to you. Im too afraid to that.

34 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Well, I found out that my crush isn't into guys, so you're doing waaaay better than me...

Finding out my crush is not into guys or not willing to talk to me is my very very worst nightmare. I have built up this whole Conspiracy Theory on why my crush might not like me for the past years.

Im planning on speaking to my crush this week, for like the first time in 2 years, if im lucky and don't get slapped in the face by regret and anxiety while approaching her. Tomorrow im going to heat things up more by giving her another drawing, but im going to add gasoline to it by adding a note saying something like 'Notice me Senpai.'

48 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

As far as the interesting part of today, well, I don't believe it has happened yet...

Soo.. You are gonna dress in drag and ask her to coffee right?

NSEP - Mountains are awesome! They look a lot different up close.  :wink: And good luck with your passion ignition as well.

5 hours ago, Julien Kerman said:

I am scrolling through this thread instead of writing my german homework :wink:

Lucky you, my school only offers Spanish. I'd love to take something more exotic, but unfortunately I can't... I'd learn Russian if I could.

1 hour ago, NSEP said:

Finding out my crush is not into guys or not willing to talk to me is my very very worst nightmare.

It was mine too. However it's not actually as bad as I thought it would be, believe it or not (I'm still having trouble believing it myself). Luckily, it's still set up in a way that we can still be friends in my case...

1 hour ago, NSEP said:

I have built up this whole Conspiracy Theory on why my crush might not like me for the past years.

Just remember, you're not going crazy until the conspiracy is over 500 pages long...

1 hour ago, NSEP said:

Im planning on speaking to my crush this week, for like the first time in 2 years, if im lucky and don't get slapped in the face by regret and anxiety while approaching her.

Advice: Chill Out. Although it might feel like talking to her will be a tightrope walk over a volcano filled with sharks, 999 times out of 1000 it won't be.

1 hour ago, NSEP said:

Tomorrow im going to heat things up more by giving her another drawing

Okay, I wish you luck! Even I never got that far.

1 hour ago, NSEP said:

but im going to add gasoline to it by adding a note saying something like 'Notice me Senpai.'

*Might* work but you probably don't want to come off as too weird.

1 hour ago, MrChumley said:

Soo.. You are gonna dress in drag and ask her to coffee right?

XD

1 hour ago, MrChumley said:

NSEP - Mountains are awesome! They look a lot different up close.  :wink: And good luck with your passion ignition as well.

Mountains are really, really, really cool.

You know, that's why I like living in the US. It might not seem like it at first glance, but we have an extremely diverse collection of terrain. Mountains, forests, weird rock things, lakes, rivers, caves, arches, you name it. Unfortunately, Iowa is pretty bland... And my part of it is pretty undeveloped... If SpaceX landed a Falcon 9 in my backyard it would be the tallest building for an hour in each direction.

If you're looking for cool stuff, North and South Dakota are your friends.

Image result for custer state park intrusions

I've been there, it's amazing! I almost died climbing one of those, though.

Also my interesting thing for today happened. Our volleyball team is going to state (first time in 2-3 decades) and a dozen or two members of the band played to send them off. I was in that group and we drove across town to the middle school. On the way back we played the school song out of the windows. I'm just glad I didn't drop my slide...

Also the musical is over and it went well, for the most part.

hahahahaha the funniest thing just happened 

so we're in football practice. I'm on the sideline, as usual. Varsity's running offense, JV defense

Then, I see a rogue white flash out of the corner of my eye. I look

It's a pure, snow-white dove

And it is the gutsiest mofo I've ever seen

First, our Cornerbacks try to scare it off

It moves over to the Safeties and Linebackers

They try to spook it

Finally, my good friend, Maximus, tries to shoo it

And it flies up, and clutches up onto his helmet, and flaps it's wing like "LOVE ME!!! FEED ME BUGS AND LOVE! MEEEE!!!!!"

And finally, he flies away into the sunset.

(Also, guess who's gonna be starting on defense next game? :D)

I'm not doing too hot. In school I'm doing great, my marks are excellent and I'm the principal player in my symphony.

Day to day I feel a large source of dissatisfaction. I feel mostly bitter and upset all day, along with that. I probably should eat, I need to make money. Can't focus.

So otherwise pretty fine, typical college life :rolleyes:

I apologise for the posts about my crush, but i think its a really interesting part of my life.

My crush tends to gossip (i just found out about the word gossip so im sorry for bad grammar) about me alot. I know this because she and her friends look, point, laugh and even wave at me during lunchtime. So next time when they gossip about me again, i can just walk up to her and ask what they are talking about! Woooh!

4 minutes ago, Confused Scientist said:

After two straight minutes of clicking "random article" on Wikipedia, I end up with Depopulation of cockroaches in post-Soviet states.

I had to try this. I ended up with "list of highways numbered 350." There is apparently dozens of them... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highways_numbered_350