What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

So every time I see the thread title "Do you BELIEVE there is life outside of Earth?" over on the Science forum, I read it in Cher's voice to the tune of "Life After Love".

AND. NOW. SO. DO. YOU.

It doesnt go away....

8 hours ago, WinkAllKerb'' said:

<snipt>

funny, not so funny, it depend i guess ...

funny.

2 hours ago, p1t1o said:

funny.

insert cgi, whatever that may mean ; ) then come the not so funny ; eventually ; ... it really depend and it's really tricky, as tricky as heading somewhere without a compass or gps

and as a  @regex most grumpy iirc and the grey 30 shade of uv and ir ever contestor (yeah yeah i know this one is a bit old) i use to be concerned with such ps @devo @bobcat @harvi @nova @etcetc next

Edited by WinkAllKerb''
ctrl c ctrl v ctrl x ctrl y ctrl wut ?

We lost, 32-39. Season over in Round 1 of the playoffs. If I told you this didn't suck and hurt like heck, I'd be lying through my teeth. I'll admit- I bawled like a baby. We're going to lose 8 good players, and 8 great friends next year.

Thank you Tait, for teaching me how to do an authentic Tayxus accent.

Thank you Diego for toughening me up. 

Thank you Paul, for giving me a seat to stay in the cafeteria.

Thanks Parker for looking after us. Thank you Kolten for doing the same. 

Thank you Francisco for being the leader of the team.

And thanks Tristan for giving us a laugh when it counts. I'm gonna miss y'all.

On the way home now and the stars are gorgeous. It's amazing how clear everything becomes out in the middle of nowhere. 

Finished my 11th Bollywood dance session and found the studio quite receptive of my turning up in traditional wear. 

I wandered around the more ethic parts of town and was invited to this lovely North Indian restaurant where the service and food was fit for royalty. Soon after the meal a couple messages came in from a community of musicians inviting me to a concert and for a lady offering to bring me to watch some live performances tomorrow. 

It's nice to have a culture to call home, even if it's not my own. The openness and hospitality I experience from mingling with other cultures, is a 180 degree reversal from the kind of hostility I received growing up amongst my own race. 

And before I knew it, there goes my entire weekend. I picked up a unique looking tiger-striped traditional dress on the way back, which I will wear tomorrow as my new friend liked it. 

On 11/18/2017 at 3:14 PM, TheEpicSquared said:

I just realized that we are closer to the year 2030 than we are to the year 2000. :0.0:

I was watching one of those "Music of Memes" videos, and realized that all the songs from '00 to '12 feel old... then I realized I'm older than most of those songs... I'm not even 20 yet!

The bus I was in hit another bus. 

We were passing the other bus, in opposite directions.

The mirror went back so hard and so fast it broke the window and glass went everywhere.

Everyone is ok. 

But nothing better than the feeling of freshly broken glass flying through your hair

32 minutes ago, NSEP said:

Yesterday my family decided not to share groceries with me, because i was using too much (apparently), so i got myself my very own groceries that im NOT going to share. 

That doesn't seem very...familial. My oldest son eats like a starving hog (and he's only 11, it's going to get much worse before it gets better....), but I can't imagine making him get his own groceries.

1 minute ago, TheSaint said:

That doesn't seem very...familial. My oldest son eats like a starving hog (and he's only 11, it's going to get much worse before it gets better....), but I can't imagine making him get his own groceries.

Well, i decided to do it myself. My sister sort of pushed me to do it.