What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

2 hours ago, ARS said:

Yesterday, there was a total blackout in my city at night. I'm not upset. In fact, I immediately ran outside of my house... To see the starry sky...

Holy... The starry sky is so beautiful!!! The night sky, full of stars isn't a scenery that you can see every night in a city. It's like the stars itself illuminates the night. Best night ever for me to see such a scenery

Ive always wanted that to happen to me... I mean, my skies aren't totally useless, I can see mag ~4.8 at the zenith, cant see milky way or andromeda galaxy without binoculars though. I still would like darker skies though.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Sonic Booms!!!

I kid you not, Sonic Booms this afternoon! I was writing up the next Emiko chapter, and baking a pumpkin pie, when we heard and felt a couple loud rumbly booms. I wasn't sure what it was at first... we did have a really impressive T-storm last night, and I know they're working on rebuilding a retention pond a block over... but on a cold, rainy Saturday afternoon???

Then I got a pm from our buddy @ZooNamedGames, who lives not terribly far from me, asking if I heard the boom! He'll tell ya... they were louder by him!

Well... it gets even more interesting, because now no-one seems to know what caused it. Here's the write-up that just showed up on our local news website:

If you heard a loud boom this afternoon, you weren’t alone.
Many people across the Bay area reported hearing the loud noise.
Residents in Hillsborough, Pasco and Polk counties also reported feeling the ground shaking.
Was it an explosion? A military operation?
Spectrum Bay News 9 reached out to law enforcement agencies to find out the cause.
Many agencies said they didn’t know.
A Pasco County Sheriff’s Officer spokesperson said the agency received dozens of calls about the boom. Some callers reported seeing military-style jets around the time of the boom, but Pasco deputies were not able to confirm that.
It seems, for now, the loud boom remains a mystery.   

So I'm guessing they were some sort of fighter jets out of MacDill.... but for now it appears to be somewhat of a mystery....

hmmm......

And you’re absolutely right. It sounded like a bomb dropped when it past over. Followed after by military helicopters. I have no idea what’s up. I spent those hours combing twitter for answers.

Only known explanation is ‘B-1 Aircraft tests’. I know nothing more or less.

10 hours ago, qzgy said:

Remember that snow? Large portion of it already melted.....

Well, my snow is still intact an is hard to cycle through. If i had a penny for every time i nearly fell i would be a millionaire.

5 hours ago, TheSaint said:

Went shooting today with the entire family. Thing Three had her first day shooting, really enjoyed it, and actually did fairly well. Then we all went to In-N-Out for lunch afterwards. It was a good day. :)

Shooting with guns?

58 minutes ago, NSEP said:

Well, my snow is still intact an is hard to cycle through. If i had a penny for every time i nearly fell i would be a millionaire.

Same for me, but it’s ice, not snow, that’s the problem. If I got a penny for every time I fell, I’d be broke.

... Is that a good thing? :P 

1 hour ago, Delay said:

The paths and roads in my town are cleaned every morning or so. I don't have problems with falling.

In my town the paths have been sprinkled with salt so there is less snow, but the road is still narrow, go outside of the dry path and hit the snow you are wobbling like crazy.

13 minutes ago, Glitchgamer12 said:

It never snows where I live :(  BUT WE GET AN AWESOME SUMMER OF 10 MONTHS!!

where do you live? Also, you're missing out.

Also - boo the snow is already pretty thin.....

4 hours ago, NSEP said:

Im glad because im Dutch i have an Automated Bicycle Stabilization Instict. So i don't fall and flop around while cycling in snow and ice,

I'm 90 percent sure it's not exclusive to the Dutch. Source - my bike fell some day while I was riding it and I didnt. 

Of course, cause my father is Dutch, maybe it is....

8 minutes ago, qzgy said:

I'm 90 percent sure it's not exclusive to the Dutch. Source - my bike fell some day while I was riding it and I didnt. 

Of course, cause my father is Dutch, maybe it is....

Just a prank bro.

5 hours ago, NSEP said:

Im glad because im Dutch i have an Automated Bicycle Stabilization Instict. So i don't fall and flop around while cycling in snow and ice,

I’m not Dutch, but I also seem to have that instinct. I can spontaneously drift around corners when my bike encounters ice when braking. :P