What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

28 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

You know what I love about West Texas? Not the people. Not the hospitality. Not even the brisket. It's the fact it can be -2 outside and not a single flake of snow in sight. 

Freezing does not instanty mean snow :wink:

24 minutes ago, NSEP said:

Freezing does not instanty mean snow :wink:

-2 is too cold for snow anyway.

The best snows come at around 25-30 degrees. (At least where I grew up, but Lake Michigan had a tendency to make the weather do whatever she wanted)

1 minute ago, Geonovast said:

-2 is too cold for snow anyway.

The best snows come at around 25-30 degrees. (At least where I grew up, but Lake Michigan had a tendency to make the weather do whatever she wanted)

I was talking about celsius.

Wait....

45 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

CELSIUS AND METRIC UNITS, YOU BACKWARDS AMERICANS! :D

Lol but actually, do what you wish :)

I'm American and I sincerely wish we had been metric from the start. We've got the "Slug" as a unit of mass and we have "Degrees Fahrenheit" and "Degrees Rankin," not to mention the atrocities that are fractions of an inch, 12 inches in a foot, 3 feet in a yard, and 5280 feet in a mile...

Don't even me get started about quarts, gallons, pints, and ounces (which are both mass and volume, GRR!).

1 minute ago, TheEpicSquared said:

What on earth is a Rankin

I actually misspelled that, it's "Rankine." It's basically an offset version of the Fahrenheit scale by -459.67 degrees so that it starts at absolute zero. Like Kelvin, but for Fahrenheit instead of Celsius.

At this point, why not just use Kelvin is my question...

We (the class) experimented with 226Ra today! That was really interesting. Also, another interesting thing happened today: Everyone obeyed the rules for experimenting (with a radioactive object)! :D

We're going to continue the testing on Friday. I'm so excited for that!

1 minute ago, NSEP said:

Wonder what happends is somebody doesn't obey the rules XD

According to my teacher, not really that much. The material is isolated/protected in every direction, except for one (where we had a geiger counter).

But we've been warned about not "aiming" at other people with it or pointing it to your or others property.

As for me being surprised that everything went well: In chemistry, a group of people thought that it would be interesting to mix two acids together without asking the teacher for permission. He then promptly stopped the other experiments upon finding out.

18 degrees Fahrenheit/-7.8 celsius and it is afternoon! Despite receiving a few inches of snow and some pretty cold temperatures we had school... Until noon, when it got announced school was going to end just an hour after lunch with a Winter Weather Warning and a snow storm. I forgot my lunch this morning and had to get across the street to buy lunch, and I'm quite glad I brought a hat.

Edited by SaturnianBlue

22 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I actually misspelled that, it's "Rankine." It's basically an offset version of the Fahrenheit scale by -459.67 degrees so that it starts at absolute zero. Like Kelvin, but for Fahrenheit instead of Celsius.

At this point, why not just use Kelvin is my question...

I will stick with Celsius, meters, kilograms and liters, thank you very much :P 

36 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

I will stick with Celsius, meters, kilograms and liters, thank you very much :P 

As would I if my engineering class didn't require me to use these really messed up excuses for units!

Also I just got finished taking a test and it's really windy. The wind occasionally hits the window in the right way to make a squeaky sound, like a rubber ducky. The first time it happened, everyone thought the guy three seats behind me was passing gas.

So I was in basketball practice, and the coach says "Hey, subs! Follow Coach M to the girls court!" So me, my friend from like the third grade, and some other guy who I don't know the name of head out to the girls court. And I got the surprise of the lifetime. I got to scrimmage against the 12 hottest girls in my entire school. :wub:

3 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

I got to scrimmage against the 12 hottest girls in my entire school.

I sorta now want a qualitative value. Also, how do you know that they are the hottest? Just word of mouth?