What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

34 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Look, there are a lot of threads, okay? Can YOU keep them all straight? :mad: 

We're trying to make sure you work hard for your moderator pay! :wink:

Or we are trying to drive the moderator team insane. You can take your pick... :D

12 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Look, there are a lot of threads, okay? Can YOU keep them all straight? :mad: 

No, I keep looking in threads and wondering where posts went, just to find them in another thread.

Well, one of the things I found funny today is how little I know about Imgur. Here's what I learned today:

• You can rearrange albums by dragging them in the album screen.
  • There is no "sort albums by alphabetical or numeral order" command in Imgur
  • Yes, you can change the main image for your album!

Yeah, so, I am an idiot...

Edited by adsii1970

So, I'm finally getting my stuff out of my dad's laptop. It's been almost four months since I was given my new desktop, I thought it was about time... I have so much stuff on here. I'm already at 20GB and I've barely even gotten into the KSP stuff yet! All of the music projects I'll never finish, all of those cool images, some finished work, tens of thousands of screenshots...

...And a flash file called KSP Builder, which I had forgotten all about. Moach, HarvestR's brother, was actually the author, so he technically made the first version of KSP ever. Granted, it's not much, but it's interesting!

...Back to copying files, I guess.

EDIT: I'm getting a weird feeling whenever I delete 10gb of video at once. I can't tell if it's a good or bad feeling.

Edited by Ultimate Steve

It turns out upcoming Friday is going to be the last Hot Chicken Panini Friday for me, thanks to a big reschedule.

Anyways, yesterday i went to the Teylers Museum in Haarlem, and this is my number one museum. Its the oldest museum of the Netherlands. They have got some great knawledge.

15 hours ago, NSEP said:

It turns out upcoming Friday is going to be the last Hot Chicken Panini Friday for me, thanks to a big reschedule.

Anyways, yesterday i went to the Teylers Museum in Haarlem, and this is my number one museum. Its the oldest museum of the Netherlands. They have got some great knawledge.

You live in NL? I've always wanted to visit :U

On 4/14/2018 at 8:38 PM, cubinator said:

This happened:

KvzTGKo.jpg

Say!... I've been to that restaurant!

On 4/15/2018 at 10:54 AM, razark said:

No, I keep looking in threads and wondering where posts went, just to find them in another thread.

Ah ha! You didn't know one of the moderation commands these guys have is "Shuffle Posts".

I just solved a 2x2x2 without looking at it! Now, I intentionally gave myself an easy scramble and I checked my planning along the way, but the whole solve was done with my eyes closed. In a few days I will probably be able to solve it blind from most cases!

Ha! 2x2x2 is easy.

Next time you should try a 7x7x7 blindfolded, that'll be fun... For everyone else.

I just quickly want to make clear that I doin't even have a 2x2x2, only a 3x3x3. But there's a different thread for complaining here.

10 hours ago, NSEP said:

I never even owned a rubix cube.

I was given one as a gift when the original craze was on back in the 1980s. I fiddled with it for a bit, don't think I ever actually solved it. Then I took it apart to figure out how it worked and never put it back together again. Because that's how my brain is wired.

3 minutes ago, cubinator said:

Got some time to fiddle around on a church organ today. I improvised a high quality Fleenstones/We Are Number One mashup with full pipes...

I wish I could do that! Two (I think, there may be more) of the churches in my town have organs, although I doubt they would let me use them. One of them is a hundred years old and I'm not as familiar with the people and the other church.

2 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I wish I could do that! Two (I think, there may be more) of the churches in my town have organs, although I doubt they would let me use them. One of them is a hundred years old and I'm not as familiar with the people and the other church.

My grandma talked to the organist at the church she frequents, and got her in contract with me. Now I'm taking lessons with her and will get at least one opportunity to perform on it!

Did an eye test today. I knew beforehand that I have bad vision, given that I sometimes have to ask the person next to me in class what the text on the whiteboard says, but I didn't expect it to be this bad.

I had to look at a series of black numbers/letters through this (electric)-eye-correction... thing. With that I was able to see everything clearly. Then it was turned off and all I saw were blurred, gray dots.

I'm pretty sure that I need glasses.

Edited by Delay
I should start proofreading texts...

Mockingbirds.... wow...

If you haven't ever encountered one, they're the most insane little bird you will ever see. Not only can they mimic thousands of other birds,... they are utterly fearless, and will go after crows, hawks... even bald eagles!!! No kidding, I've seen them chase off after an eagle more than once... and the eagle back down! If dinosaurs evolved into birds, and I have no reason to question... then it was the meanest of the smaller raptors evolved into mockingbirds... :mad:

So why bring them up??? Because yesterday a pair of mockingbirds started building a nest in a night-blooming jasmine bush, only 3-4 inches outside my bedroom window! And they've been at all day yesterday and today. Needless to say my cats are not amused.

I don't want to try and take a picture... My windows are heavily mirrored because they're west facing, and they can't see in, but I really don't want to disturb them. It's been fascinating watching them bring one stick after another, and now it's starting to get a definite bowl shape... too cool! :cool:

Edited by Just Jim

OK, this wasn’t today (it was on Thursday) but I had a Spanish exam. One of the questions involved translating this sentence:

’My name is Felipe and I am Mexican’

HarvesteR! What are you doing in my Spanish test?

:P

Edited by RealKerbal3x