What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

I finally arrived at Berlin!

Alot off fun things happend today. The hostel we are staying at was full of nice people that want to interact with us wiht broken Engish.

We also went to the TV tower, wich was awesome, but we had to walk, and now my feet hurt alot.

50 minutes ago, NSEP said:

Alot off fun things happend today. The hostel we are staying at was full of nice people that want to interact with us wiht broken Engish. 

Can I ask which one?

I was in Berlin with the rest of my class last year.

Wasn't able to go up the TV tower, though. Didn't have enough time... That was one of the things I really didn't want to miss in Berlin.

Be carefure with the credit cards, though. I got confused at their strange orientation.

"Huh? Why is it not working?" I must have tried at least 10 times to get the stupid card in!

On 7/9/2018 at 6:53 PM, NSEP said:

Today i used a credit card for the first time, im going to Berlin tomorrow, and they told us that carrying around cash isn't the best idea, so i had to get my hands on a credit card.

I decided to try it out at McDonalds, so i went there by bike, and ordered a Cheeseburger and a small Coke using that big touchscreen thing. When the things were ready, i noticed the cup for my coke wasn't inside a bag, so i asked the employee for a larger bag, and he comes up with a holder :confused:. I decided not to ask again. At that moment i also realized i left the credit card in the touchscreen thing, so quickly pulled it back out again, and at that moment everyone was looking at me weird because they probably thought i stole it.

Anyways, i went back to my bicycle to go back home, and now we have a little bit of a problem, see i have this thing on the front of my bike were a basket is supposed to be fitted on, but i don't have a basket.

0030450_blb-frontier-rack-silver_1.jpeg

I tried it with bags before, and bags, even the small ones lock right into place without falling, now however, i have a cup of coke and a holder that i have to put on there, that will make everything unstable. So i just put it on there and just went for driving carefully instead of finding a better position for it. And yes, shortly after, i dropped my cup of coke, in the middle of the road while driving. So what do i do now? Do i leave it there and forget about, and risk getting it thrown at me by one of those diehard anti-litter pals, or just run towards it and put it in the trash can like an idiot? Well, i decided i would put it in the trash like an idiot, you know, doing good things to save the world i geuss.

After that i went home and ate my burger while reading AtomicRockets.

The lesson of today: You can just cycle with one hand idiot, oh and don't for get your card!

Quite a lot of things happened with your life in Berlin :lol:

8 hours ago, haanuman said:

Quite a lot of things happened with your life in Berlin :lol:

That didn't happend in Berlin that happend at home in The Netherlands. :wink:

7 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

My wife...

e76.jpg

i just call them “Cat” and “Other Cat.” 

...interchangeably...

My nickname for our cat is, "Dumb Cat," since she has a habit of sitting on the back wall of our yard and taunting the coyotes.

2 hours ago, tater said:

Watched part of Dune on tv, which I hate, then just now find out my friend was actually in it as a boy (fremen boy).

lol

My friend's wife thinks that Dune (the 1984 David Lynch movie) is the best movie ever made, it's her favorite film. There's no accounting for taste....

7 hours ago, TheSaint said:

My friend's wife thinks that Dune (the 1984 David Lynch movie) is the best movie ever made, it's her favorite film. There's no accounting for taste....

Well, one of the boys in a stillsuit is a friend of mine, lol.

13 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

I fricken' LOVE Dune

Taste is a weird thing though, David Lynch hates his creation, but Frank Herbert thought the movie was an almost perfect representation.

I liked the miniseries better, although it still had its faults.

12 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

These days I hold zero hope that a Dune movie will bear any resemblance to the book. Especially with a boutique director like Villeneuve onboard. Contemplate the debacle that was A Wrinkle in Time. Hollywood is so wrapped up in its own bubble right now they've just stopped caring if anyone likes their product or not.

1 hour ago, p1t1o said:

I fricken' LOVE Dune

Taste is a weird thing though, David Lynch hates his creation, but Frank Herbert thought the movie was an almost perfect representation.

Really? I hate that movie almost as much as I hate "Starship Troopers" (they should not have been allowed to use the name). Much of the look of it is OK, but paul is too old, the thopters are horrifically bad, pretty much any scene where they are shooting... yuck.

6 minutes ago, tater said:

Really? I hate that movie almost as much as I hate "Starship Troopers" (they should not have been allowed to use the name). Much of the look of it is OK, but paul is too old, the thopters are horrifically bad, pretty much any scene where they are shooting... yuck.

I like starship troopers too, though the caveat is that I saw it first at an age where all I wanted/expected was a brightly coloured action flick with shooting and aliens. 

Which, to be honest, it delivers.

Im aware of the controvercy and junk, but to a 14 year old in 1997, it was awesome.

26 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

These days I hold zero hope that a Dune movie will bear any resemblance to the book. Especially with a boutique director like Villeneuve onboard. Contemplate the debacle that was A Wrinkle in Time. Hollywood is so wrapped up in its own bubble right now they've just stopped caring if anyone likes their product or not.

Indeed. And theres the concept of "development hell" and "development limbo" where film rights will be forcibly retained merely to stop anyone else making it because they might want to make it maybe, some point in the future.

You might be pleased to know that Villeneuve has said that he intends his film to be very different to Lynch's.