What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

The response must be quick, ruthless and the most painful and consequential you can manage to accomplish *and* live with the consequences (because, yeah, you are bounded by rules). You don't need to avoid only this aggression. You need to make the guy regret trying the stunt at first place - otherwise, he will do it again, and will be better prepared.

1 hour ago, Sorabh said:

Grab the collar of his shirt and shake him up. Twist his arm, gently, so that you only cause minimal pain. (you twist his arm too much, and a bruise might form, and you could be implicated).Remind him that he is not that special, and outside the school premises, it would be open season for him. The vaguer the threat, the better the impact on his psyche.

Um, guys, you do realize we're talking about, like, an elementary school right?

I'm all for threatening the guy, but there comes a point where your violence towards him will go beyond self-defense and things will get personal. Right now, as far as I can tell, the guy did what he did simply because @The_Cat_In_Space was in the right place at the right time.

The assailant probably expects you to defend yourself in some physical way, but if you do something excessive, he'll feel the need to reciprocate in turn. You don't want things to escalate like that, especially with someone who is evidently deluded

Edited by Earthlinger

Guys, it's time allow school officials, parents, and/or police deal with this situation and get back to talking about funny and interesting occurences. Calls for retaliatory violence are unwise and may have legal ramifications. 

36 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

Um, guys, you do realize we're talking about, like, an elementary school right?

Right. And our colleague was beaten down to the ground and kicked in the stomach (had this happened after lunch, our friend could had a stomach rupture). It's already on the next level. It's already a police case.

In a way or another, the very first thing he must do is ask for help from his parents (as I said below). And watch himself, because that kid is acting with criminal intent, has managed to beaten him down once and will do it again if he can.

Sorry to tell this, but that kid is a sociopath. You don't reason with sociopaths.

And yeah, I'm done with this. The message was already sent, and I think we stressed it too much already. @Vanamonde , I will not talk about this again.

Edited by Lisias

58 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Guys, it's time allow school officials, parents, and/or police deal with this situation and get back to talking about funny and interesting occurences. Calls for retaliatory violence are unwise and may have legal ramifications. 

I agree. It's turned from talking about an incident to various ways of attacking somebody and legal stuff.

6 hours ago, LordFerret said:

I got engaged today. What the hell was I thinking. :blink:

Good for you!

I remember, right after I got married, my wife noticed that I had a black mole on my shoulder. She was very worried about it, and kept nagging me to go see the doctor. So finally I relented and went to see the doctor. At that point my doctor had been my primary care for over 20 years, but I hadn't seen him in at least seven. He comes into the exam room and says, "Hey! Haven't seen you in forever! What's new?" I said, "Well, I just got married." He says, "That's great! You know, married guys live longer, their wives nag them to go see the doctor when they don't want to. So what brings you here?" I said, "Funny you should mention it...."

So, congratulations on the extended lifespan! :D

Edit: And my wife, reading over my shoulder, points out: "Yeah, and if I hadn't nagged you to go see the doctor four years ago you'd be taking a dirt nap now! So quit ya poodlein'!" I love that woman. :D

Edited by TheSaint

1 hour ago, TheSaint said:

Good for you!

I remember, right after I got married, my wife noticed that I had a black mole on my shoulder. She was very worried about it, and kept nagging me to go see the doctor. So finally I relented and went to see the doctor. At that point my doctor had been my primary care for over 20 years, but I hadn't seen him in at least seven. He comes into the exam room and says, "Hey! Haven't seen you in forever! What's new?" I said, "Well, I just got married." He says, "That's great! You know, married guys live longer, their wives nag them to go see the doctor when they don't want to. So what brings you here?" I said, "Funny you should mention it...."

So, congratulations on the extended lifespan! :D

Edit: And my wife, reading over my shoulder, points out: "Yeah, and if I hadn't nagged you to go see the doctor four years ago you'd be taking a dirt nap now! So quit ya poodlein'!" I love that woman. :D

So... what ever happened to the mole? He was ok, right? 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoK52PHZCEdsDUjdcxV5T

8 hours ago, razark said:

It can be understood through tough thorough thought, though.

That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is.

That that is, is that that is. Not is not. Is that it? It is.

That that is, is that that is not. Is not "is that" it? It is.

That that is, is that that is not, "is not." Is that it? It is.

So I've seen a bunch of Tesla cars since moving to Norway (yeah apparently my parents have a thing with working in Scandinavia. First Sweden, then Finland, and now a small town near Oslo :D). In the past two weeks, I've seen eight. My next door neighbor has a Model S, and a few days ago I saw two identical grey S's right next to each other on the highway.

Needless to say, my approval rating of Norway has gone up with every sighting....  :D

25 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

So I've seen a bunch of Tesla cars since moving to Norway (yeah apparently my parents have a thing with working in Scandinavia. First Sweden, then Finland, and now a small town near Oslo :D). In the past two weeks, I've seen eight. My next door neighbor has a Model S, and a few days ago I saw two identical grey S's right next to each other on the highway.

Needless to say, my approval rating of Norway has gone up with every sighting....  :D

I briefly saw a dealership on my trip to Europe, going too fast to identify any cars. The only Tesla I've ever actually noticed up close was a model 3 (Or X, it was a very brief encounter, I have a picture somewhere though) In Liechtenstein of all places. :D

7 hours ago, p1t1o said:

Is you is or is you ain't my baby?

9 hours ago, p1t1o said:

Rock-15.png

Rock.

Sitting outside eating my lunch, and a bird lands next to me, on the chair. Right next to me. It sat there for like 2 minutes, and then flew away. It didn't even want any of my food!

14 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Sitting outside eating my lunch, and a bird lands next to me, on the chair. Right next to me. It sat there for like 2 minutes, and then flew away. It didn't even want any of my food!

Maybe it lives next to your house and it's used to you. Or were you not by your house? 

47 minutes ago, The Minmus Derp said:

Maybe it lives next to your house and it's used to you. Or were you not by your house? 

I was at school, sitting at a table under a tree, reading and eating.

4 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

That reminds me of a trip to Niagara Falls. I was walking toward the bridge that would lead me towards the parking lot(eventually) when I felt something hit my shoulder. I thought it was a bug, so I slapped it. Turns out a bird had pooped on my shoulder. It was surprisingly orange.