What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

22 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

Maybe it lives next to your house and it's used to you. Or were you not by your house? 

I hate people who refer to any living thing as "it". Say he, she, or, them!

DON'T REDUCE ANIMALS TO OBJECTS!

See, the newest item in my sig.

Edited by HansonKerman

37 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

I hate people who refer to any living thing as "it". Say he, she, or, them!

DON'T REDUCE ANIMALS TO OBJECTS!

I totally agree...

But in Bug's case, "Your Majesty" is a little more accurate... lmao...

rRZkaBh.jpg

1 minute ago, HansonKerman said:

Your cat's name is Bug?

The cat who owned me before Boomer was named 'Possum. She's been gone (passed away) about four years now. Sometimes unique cats manage to get rather unique names which fits their personality. 'Possum sure did.

KAIGpH0.jpg

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

Sometimes unique cats manage to get rather unique names which fits their personality. 'Possum sure did.

My cat Bug is actually short for Lovebug... but if her name is supposed to match her personality, perhaps "Swiffer" would be a better fit...

(this is seriously my loony cat in the morning)

Edited by Just Jim

50 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Currently at Safeco Field for the Mariners-Blue jays game in 3 hours. Got great seats, also got some pics of the Blue Angels flying around. Pics to follow on Monday in the appropriate threads

Greetings fellow “dying in this 80-degree heatwave” wetlander! :D

6 minutes ago, RoadRunnerAerospace said:

sorta dropped phone, impressive as to how much it cracked 

Pix or it didn’t happen. -_-

22 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Greetings fellow “dying in this 80-degree heatwave” wetlander! :D

80? We’re were well into the 90s on the north side of the 49th last week. Tonight sitting in Safeco is niiiiice. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/6ZoBJry

Edit: hmm can’t post directly from imgur on mobile

Edited by StrandedonEarth

2 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Can I have your 80° heatwave? Though we call "sporadic periods of 80° weather" cold snaps here.

Aaaaaand this is exactly why I live in a place where we can call 80° a heat wave. :D I have no idea how I ever survived 18+ years in the desert...

2 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

80? We’re were well into the 90s on the north side of the 49th last week. Tonight sitting in Safeco is niiiiice. 

I never saw a 90+ temp accurately where I’m at, tho I wouldn’t be surprised if we hit it. My house is in one of those extra-mild “microclimates” and according to my weather station it only topped the high 80’s. 

You can post from Imgur on mobile, but you have to use the direct .png link, then use the “insert other media” button, direct pasting won’t work. :rolleyes:

OMG... I'm cleaning today, and I just made the most amazing discovery... My cat, Bug, is NOT... repeat... NOT afraid of a vacuum cleaner!!!

She's just sitting there, watching me...

I've had cats all my life, but I think this is a first!!!

On 8/2/2018 at 8:20 AM, p1t1o said:

That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is.

That that is, is that that is. Not is not. Is that it? It is.

That that is, is that that is not. Is not "is that" it? It is.

That that is, is that that is not, "is not." Is that it? It is.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

On 8/2/2018 at 12:38 PM, Earthlinger said:

So I've seen a bunch of Tesla cars since moving to Norway (yeah apparently my parents have a thing with working in Scandinavia. First Sweden, then Finland, and now a small town near Oslo :D). In the past two weeks, I've seen eight. My next door neighbor has a Model S, and a few days ago I saw two identical grey S's right next to each other on the highway.

Needless to say, my approval rating of Norway has gone up with every sighting....  :D

Counting Teslas on road trips is fun. My record is over 100 in a single day. But you could probably easily beat that in just an hour of bay area rush hour traffic. How many Model 3's do you see in Norway? I remember when I almost never saw them, then they were everywhere practically overnight. 

21 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

90? This is what my week looks like (I'm down by 35N though):

KkzTe85.png?1

(F)

YadQorO.png?1

(C)

1 hour ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:
On 8/2/2018 at 11:20 AM, p1t1o said:

That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is.

That that is, is that that is. Not is not. Is that it? It is.

That that is, is that that is not. Is not "is that" it? It is.

That that is, is that that is not, "is not." Is that it? It is.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

Pathfinder pathfinder  Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder Pathfinder pathfinder 

2 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

The one and only... the original... 

I do not think that I can come up with, nor would the moderators allow, words strong enough to express exactly how much I hate you right now, sir.

21 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

do they involve "badger," "mushroom," or "snake?"

No.  They are more like "[redacted]ing [redacted]er, [redacted] your [redacted] with a [redacted] [redacted] and a [redacted] [redacted]-[redacted] 45 degree twist [redacted] [redacted] [redacted]ing [redacted]er!  And twice on Tuesday!"

Edited by razark

I have a trash compactor. Due to bears, I only take the trash outside on Monday. It's generally heavy, but I strong arm it. Today I added some frozen stuff I cleared out of the freezer, so it was extra heavy. It brushed my knee...

Broken bottle in trash tore a 1.5 cm hole in my knee (only a couple mm deep or so). I managed to get it to stop bleeding, but stopped by urgent care, anyway. Got a tetanus shot, and they put a nicer bandage on it, guess I closed it well enough (I was worried about it popping open due to location, otherwise I'd have ignored it).