What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

53 minutes ago, tater said:

tiny_friend_by_tatersw-dcjhywp.jpg

Little dude I found in the house (they get palm sized).

Solpugid! I love solpugids! :wub:

Actually, I just like saying solpugid. It kinda rolls off the tongue in exactly the way an actual solpugid would not

I think that’s a whip scorpion, anyway. 

But yep, shoulda called in sick. Ended up doing so anyway, more or less. Come around the corner just before work and the truck starts whining (also in a way a solpugid would not), pull in to the yard and find it’s bleeding out. Definitely ATF, probably the steering, question now is, is it that leaky fitting I’ve dealt with before or do I need to replacing the flarping steering box again? Neither of which can be ascertained here in the parking lot, so now I’m waiting on a tow truck. On one of the busiest travel days of the year. With a multi-hour wait for the ferry looming. 

:mad::mad:cussing.gif

Shoulda listened to the dang spider. Or even a solpugid. 

Edited by CatastrophicFailure

Today I got permission to throw away a bunch of antiquated junk in the warehouse that is just taking up space because we'll either never sell it, or we really wouldn't want to.

It was glorious.  Full on purge next week!

Also my boss told me that if I heard his wife start screaming, I should come save her instead of trying to find out what's going on first.  I thought that was odd.

This was a week or two ago, but has anyone else been getting those pro-SLS YouTube ads saying something like "DO YOU THINK OUR ASTRONAUTS SHOULD LAUNCH ON AMERICAN ROCKETS?" or something like that.

Anyway, so I was watching a rocket failure compilation video, and I got the ad in the middle of the video. 8 of the 10 failures in the video were American rockets.

I’m in a Broadway Theater.

On 8/31/2018 at 4:04 PM, Delay said:

Guys, it happened.
Yesterday I watched a movie (Mission: Impossible 2) and I understood every vital word!

Can I also take the opportunity to say that MI: 2 is a lot more disturbing than MI?

I understand EVERY GEEKY GEEKIN WORD in sci-fi.

On 8/31/2018 at 8:56 PM, Geonovast said:

Also my boss told me that if I heard his wife start screaming, I should come save her instead of trying to find out what's going on first.  I thought that was odd.

Don't you usually have to understand the problem before solving it? Bit odd to me too....

10 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

This was a week or two ago, but has anyone else been getting those pro-SLS YouTube ads saying something like "DO YOU THINK OUR ASTRONAUTS SHOULD LAUNCH ON AMERICAN ROCKETS?" or something like that. 

Anyway, so I was watching a rocket failure compilation video, and I got the ad in the middle of the video. 8 of the 10 failures in the video were American rockets.

I mean, no they shouldn't if they aren't flying. Or if they're exploding. Also, 8 out of 10? What were the other two?

13 hours ago, qzgy said:

Don't you usually have to understand the problem before solving it? Bit odd to me too....

I mean, no they shouldn't if they aren't flying. Or if they're exploding. Also, 8 out of 10? What were the other two?

Don't remember, I think one was the Ariane 5 failure and one might have been the infamous Proton accelerometer failure.

I finally pumped up my soft bicycle tire and i can finally cycle against the wind without struggling. The valve was broken so i had to walk for 30 minutes to go to the bike store and get some new valves (and back). Totally worth it though.

Anyways, school starts tomorrow (the lessons start next week, this week is just introduction and stuff), i can't wait to see my friends again! (Yes, im actually very excited for school, weird huh).

On 9/3/2018 at 12:16 AM, NSEP said:

(Yes, im actually very excited for school, weird huh).

This is normal among people of our, ah, type.

:D

On 9/1/2018 at 2:50 AM, The Minmus Derp said:

i did one from the top of the Sears tower.

Whoa, that's cool. All I did were balcony drops :P

2nd day of actual classes in school. There's this one class where we have a cap of 12 people for the class. (it's an engineering class so it's kinda better to have such a small size (which on another tangent is actually pretty large as far as class sizes go at my school anyways)). Guess how many there are? 

This is a bit of a problem. 

2 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

At 3:30 AM I jumped up, ran to my whiteboard, and began writing down a whole plot for my current story, We Who Witnessed. 

I am so weird. 

No... you are not weird... you are now officially a writer!!!  :D

Just now, Lo Var Lachland said:

Heh. I did write a story 3 years ago that I'm trying to get published... :P

I know... just kidding. But I've done the same thing, gotten up are Zero:Dark-Thirty to write an idea down...  I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. ;)