What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

31 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

They say this to lull you.

Upd.
They read your place directly from memory.

or....OR....how do we know that mosquitos dont crawl out of our own bodies? You never notice them until you get bit, then you find what you assume is a puncture wound and not an exit.

I was required to watch Star Wars: Episode 1 as homework for class. It is also the first time that I've watched star wars (at least that one)

My thoughts? Meh. Tiny kid's acting needs work. CGI needs an upgrade. Was quite ok over all though.

Edited by qzgy

43 minutes ago, qzgy said:

I was required to watch Star Wars: Episode 1 as homework for class. It is also the first time that I've watched star wars (at least that one)

My thoughts? Meh. Tiny kid's acting needs work. CGI needs an upgrade. Was quite ok over all though.

So many questions... :wacko:

think I’ll go with... why on earth Tatooine would you have to watch The Little Menace for a class??

5 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

So many questions... :wacko:

think I’ll go with... why on earth Tatooine would you have to watch The Little Menace for a class??

To be honest, not quite exactly sure. I think part of it is because the teacher likes star wars (all of them), but the main reason was to watch it to discuss something about how technology and computers are used in it (computer science class) 

7 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

Probably they have a shop class and learn how to make jet-propelled flying carriages from random scrap.

I wish. That would be fun actually. 

Kids in school where playing with a "portable hole", a hole printed on a foil, approx half a meter, which they draped on the pavement in front of school.

While most pedestrians got it, a few, especially shuffling zombies with smartphones, actually stepped over it or aside.

21 minutes ago, Green Baron said:

Kids in school where playing with a "portable hole", a hole printed on a foil, approx half a meter, which they draped on the pavement in front of school.

While most pedestrians got it, a few, especially shuffling zombies with smartphones, actually stepped over it or aside.

I've heard of places doing that with roads / fake potholes to get people to slow down.  More effective than speedbumps, apparently.

19 minutes ago, Green Baron said:

Something similar that happens to me in a regular basis:

When I get to the building for my calculus lecture on Monday morning, I go up the elevator because I just walked 500 m in a very short time and I'm tired. I walk out at the top and turn, and I get startled by the drop at the flight of stairs directly to my right. 

12 hours ago, Delay said:

Well, here goes nothing...

SjhdwpF.png

12 hours ago, Geonovast said:

One of my favorite games ever.

11 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Same though! I haven't looked at cake the same way again!

15 minutes ago, cubinator said:

Am officially rocket engineer. 

My first assignment is to find a way to ignite three solid motors at once.

Split the ignition cable into three parallel igniters?

But congrats!

20 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Congrats! And check yo' staging.

Oh yeah, definitely.

7 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Split the ignition cable into three parallel igniters?

But congrats!

Something like that. The team has had some issues with simultaneous ignition in the past, though, especially with motors that are different strengths. We will probably have an onboard ignition system as a backup to the ground-based system.

A low speed wind tunnel was FINALLY installed in our department! :D

tRGhRxa.jpg

The propeller section of the Wind tunnel.

fIxlp9Z.jpg

Inlet for air..

CzQp3tL.jpg

The outlet of the wind tunnel, for calm exit of the wind.

ZRbMc0W.jpg

The throat, where actual testing would take place.

FDlX28E.jpg

The smoke generating apparatus, for visualizing air flows over test articles.

This is a very simple setup, obviously. The peak wind velocity is 50 m/s, which is alright! Undergrads students don't need a supersonic wind tunnel. But nevertheless this is great!! :D Maybe I can 3D print my low speed aircraft deisgns in KSP and use it as a test piece for the wind tunnel? :)

Edited by Sorabh