What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

Our school does Red Ribbon week, to make us not do drugs. (That is royally backfiring, there are some people who you can tell are high) and we have to dress up each week. Today is dress up as your favourite musician, tomorrow is fursuit day, the next day is book/movie character, after that is something else. No one dresses up :/.

10 minutes ago, Kernel Kraken said:

dress up as your favourite musician

Put on a pair of furry leggings, fashion some hooves for feet, wear some horns on your head, and go half-naked as the Greek God Pan... don't forget to bring a flute. Of course, they'll likely throw you out of school for that lol.

Would also work for fursuit day.

Edited by LordFerret

31 minutes ago, Kernel Kraken said:

Today is dress up as your favourite musician

Spoiler

0.jpg&signatureToken=69v9KBG5onp9BTIeUjC

P.S.
(Not sure if Till Lindemann's scenic image is enough good.)

P.P.S.
Also a secret weapon.

Spoiler

892fa3ca658d45ad846cf5a42433d5f8_b1.jpg

P.P.P.S.
Are they sure that drugs and musicians are antonyms?

Edited by kerbiloid

On 10/29/2018 at 9:34 AM, kerbiloid said:
  Reveal hidden contents

0.jpg&signatureToken=69v9KBG5onp9BTIeUjC

P.S.
(Not sure if Till Lindemann's scenic image is enough good.)

P.P.S.
Also a secret weapon.

Reveal hidden contents

892fa3ca658d45ad846cf5a42433d5f8_b1.jpg

P.P.P.S.
Are they sure that drugs and musicians are antonyms?

I think they mean non-druggy muscisian.

Yesterday was animal day, but today someone brought a dinosaur costume. The whole school is decorated like Hogwarts because it's book/movie character day, and all the teachers have robes and stuff. The front lobby Is even decked out like a quidditch court!

17 minutes ago, Kernel Kraken said:

Yesterday was animal day

Everybody should wear some animal's skin.

But a dino... They have become stones many years ago.

21 minutes ago, Kernel Kraken said:

The whole school is decorated like Hogwarts because it's book/movie character day, and all the teachers have robes and stuff. The front lobby Is even decked out like a quidditch court!

I hope nobody was trying to fly on a broom.

On 10/29/2018 at 9:08 PM, Kernel Kraken said:

Our school does Red Ribbon week, to make us not do drugs.

Perhaps a better effort is to

a. write to congress about getting better medication regulation

b. try keep everyone sane without any medication.

On 10/29/2018 at 9:18 PM, LordFerret said:

Put on a pair of furry leggings, fashion some hooves for feet, wear some horns on your head, and go half-naked as the Greek God Pan... don't forget to bring a flute. Of course, they'll likely throw you out of school for that lol.

Would also work for fursuit day.

Spoiler

Mask_www-scarfolk-blogspot-com.jpg

We're setting up a mini fitness center at work, and I brought in my recumbent bike, since I'll probably actually use it here.

I also brought in like 2 pounds of chocolate because the weather has been so crappy that I had almost no trick or treaters.

49 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I also brought in like 2 pounds of chocolate because the weather has been so crappy that I had almost no trick or treaters.

Best way for you to stay fit: make sure other people eat all that candy :D

I was gonna put this under complaints, but it's funny, so I'll put it here.

This morning I'm checking emails, and I start getting a bunch of emails that are nitty-gritty work related stuff about/for/from specific customers.

What's funny about that? They are for a guy with the same first name as me, but not me. I have my apple email as my first name @mac/me/icloud since I've been a Mac guy for a while, and when it first became a thing I took my first name before anyone else did. As a result, everyone on Earth with my first name who gets an iPhone has a go at taking that name (and fails since I have it). This guy must have some variant of our name, but all these people are using the wrong one.

So nice person I am, I sent him an email telling him that he's got a bunch of emails (multiple CCs) floating around with the wrong address on them. Does he he reply and thank me? No.

So all day I've been getting stuff from his customers (Long after I sent the email to him first thing this morning), AND emails with me CCed from HIM. Fine by me, I'll mark those threads as junk, and his customer with the urgent request to fix an industrial process before the weekend... can wonder why he's being blown off.

Edited by tater

Today I realized a kid's dream:

Spoiler

vA4zCPt.png?1

I cannot describe my reaction when I discovered they will play at Tampa! It's about three hours and a half away from my place, but I must go to see them.

When I was a kid, almost all of us were going and coming back in cheap Datsun minibuses, but sometime my mother was coming to bring me back, and almost every time she was playing a tape of Pink Floyd or Fleetwood Mac. I was not really caring about the last until I listened to "The Chain" for the first time. It was somewhat a "wake-up", its rhythm just captivated me, and I became crazy of that group too.

Now, I just can't wait to go there!

YESS!!.gif

(My reaction when I received the booking confirmation)