What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

2 hours ago, Shpaget said:

I'll stand in line.

I like Linda, I also don't mind Lena Headey in Chronicles.

Linda's performance in T1 was not special, but she made up for it in 2.

Lena is consistently good.

Arnie is getting old, though, especially since he's supposed to be a robot and all. CGI to the rescue, I suppose?

I concur. Sara Connor Chronicles was excellent television. (So, of course, it was cancelled.)

I just discovered this and It's easily one of the most fascinating poems I've ever read. I really don't know what else to say about it. Just read it.

I can imagine it's very difficult to come up with something like this.

Edited by Delay

Though the old Bethesda's Terminator Future Shock has a little primitive textures (not the models of various terminators!), it was absolutely terminating for me in its times.
It was almost a meditation, like in HalfLife-1.

Spoiler

When Bethesda had released Fallout 3, I got almost a flashback, it was looking so familiar...

1 hour ago, Shpaget said:

Why only six flags?

Why not eight? Or eleven? Eleven is a fun number.

Because the company started as Six Flags Over Texas, referring to the six national flags1 that have flown over the state.  It has since expanded outside of Texas, but kept the name.

1Those being Spain, France, Mexico, Texas, USA, and CSA.

Edited by razark

It's raining a lot here. And I needed to go to a 24h medstore.

And I completely feel this poor guy below. 

20604459_1536699606351998_12168438823372

Edited by Lisias
Yeah, yeah. Tyops.

Being Spring has sprung, I put the bird feeder back up on the porch today.  It was an absolute mob scene, at least 8 different species showed up.  It was also humorous, watching as the squirrels sat below intently looking up and all around ... you could see them thinking ... trying to figure out a way to get to it.

On 4/5/2019 at 8:37 PM, Shpaget said:

I'll stand in line.

I like Linda, I also don't mind Lena Headey in Chronicles.

Linda's performance in T1 was not special, but she made up for it in 2.

Lena is consistently good.

Arnie is getting old, though, especially since he's supposed to be a robot and all. CGI to the rescue, I suppose?

"Old"? What do you mean "old"? 

f8fa7e38e54d919c21616db9d31f5d31

6 hours ago, Lisias said:

And I completely feel this poor guy below.

bele_and_lokai_star_trek.jpg

Converting myself into yet another jokester ... :-)

There has been a thick cloud cover and it was comparably fresh for days now (unusual here). Must shift the hot shower to the evening as i only have a solar heater ...

Edited by Green Baron

Last week I got a free Vista-era laptop.  Pentium T4200, 3GB DDR2, and a 250GB spinnydisk.  It's actually rather clean, although it was soooooo slow.  Originally Vista, but had been upgraded to Windows 7.  Absolute dog, even though there wasn't much installed on it.

So I wiped it and through Mint/Mate on, and it ran.. better-ish.  Given how it's sluggish, I'm targeting the HDD as the culprit.  I snagged a new 120GB SSD for a few bucks, will be putting that in today.  I figured I'd also pop the main bottom panel off and have a look at everything and see if it needed to be blown out.

This is SO COOL.  WHY DON'T THEY MAKE LAPPIES LIKE THIS ANYMORE?

20190408100431.jpg

The entire CPU heatsink is removable with just 4 screws after the panel is off.  Replacing thermal paste and blowing out the fins would be nothing on this machine.  Remember when laptop manufacturers actually cared about maintenance?  I do.  If you're lucky nowadays, you'll get a panel to the storage drive and maybe the ram.

So now I'm shopping for a somewhat decent Core 2 Duo to throw in this thing, and I'll get another gig of ram for it.  It needs a new battery too (holds literally no charge), but I'm not sure if I'll bother with that.  Should make a decent Facebook/whatever machine for someone.

Edit: Whelp, so much for that.  Even with installing the most current BIOS for this dinosaur, it still won't detect the brand new SSD.  Not throwing any more money into this thing. :rolleyes:

Edit Edit: Thanks to this post page thing, I discovered the alignment problem!  Sees the SSD now!

Edited by Geonovast

I downloaded TOR to see if my searches there would affect what ads I see in chrome, it doesn't, but it means I'm accessing the forums from the Dark Web :cool:

Yes I know thats not how it works

I got home.
Fixed a toilet my eldest daughter broke (accidentally of course)

Wasn't bad. At least she cleaned it before I got to it. :wacko:

On 4/8/2019 at 5:05 AM, p1t1o said:

"Old"? What do you mean "old"? 

f8fa7e38e54d919c21616db9d31f5d31

Time.
It's the fire in which we all burn.

Considering the first Terminator movie is  35 years old (I believe it came out in 1984) they're not doing too bad.

Mom's laptop died.

Probably hard drive failure. We connected it to a PC and it doesn't show up.

Edit: It's definitely hard drive failure. Well, now I have something I can disassemble!

Edited by Delay