What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

Was at my friend's (and next door neighbor (if across an arroyo counts as that)) house, and saw Duesenberg #3 (though he donated one to a museum, so only 2 at home).

Cool car, but I can't imagine buying something like that, ever, even if I had that kind of money.

15671963-1927-duesenberg-model-x-std.jpg

(that's a pic of it off the internet, I didn't take one in his garage)

3 hours ago, tater said:

Was at my friend's (and next door neighbor (if across an arroyo counts as that)) house, and saw Duesenberg #3 (though he donated one to a museum, so only 2 at home).

Cool car, but I can't imagine buying something like that, ever, even if I had that kind of money.

15671963-1927-duesenberg-model-x-std.jpg

(that's a pic of it off the internet, I didn't take one in his garage)

One of those would be sweeeeet. I think Dirk Pitt, er, Clive Cussler has one in his collection. Only thing it needs is a blown big block and some 18 inch mags...

Ee, wait, this is 2019.... can we drop a Tesla AWD PerfPack drivetrain in it?

Our dog needs medicine. I’m a cat person; feeding medicine to cats is like a cage fight to the death.

As I’m wrestling the dog to get the syringe into his mouth, my wife suggests squirting it on my hand so he can lick it up. Of course it works. Dogs eat anything you put in front of them. Lol.

4 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

I’m a cat person; feeding medicine to cats is like a cage fight to the death.

One of mine needs meds every other day... for the rest of his life.

He hates it.  And he's getting smarter about it.  I'm about out of tricks to get it into him.  I have bled so much.

On Friday, I was planning on spending my free day off from school with a lot of busy things to do. In the morning, I would visit another local school to see if it was a good fit for me next year. After that, it would be a super-quick lunch before the greatest event of my high-school life short of Prom (which by the way went amazing): Avengers: Endgame. I was so pumped, ready to watch what everyone had been so interested in. I came home from school on Thursday ready for the next morning, when...

Mom: "Yeah, I have this weird stomach bug... I don't think I can do anything tomorrow."

She was in a really bad state from Thursday night all the way to around yesterday, but she's feeling better now. I feel a little selfish, being disappointed over a movie, but the feeling of immediate devastation was just crushing. Finals are Wednesday, and we get out early, so maybe I'll go then... Just have to hope no-one spoils it until then. 

Done with AP's. Forever.

Now, uhh college and stuff (assuming all goes well, which it should...)

Have to take guinea pig to the vet tonight though, something's up with his leg...

On 5/11/2019 at 8:41 PM, Kerbart said:

Our dog needs medicine. I’m a cat person; feeding medicine to cats is like a cage fight to the death 

On 5/11/2019 at 8:47 PM, Geonovast said:

He hates it.  And he's getting smarter about it.  I'm about out of tricks to get it into him.  I have bled so much.

Step Zero: make a cat burrito; I.e. wrap the furry bundle of death in a towel. At least then you only have to deal with teeth fangs Them you can proceed to....

Step One: pry the mouth open and ram the pill or syringe as far back in the throat as you can and clamp its mouth shut. Visegrips are tempting but frowned upon   

I got a text early this morning that my brother went to see the Deep Space Nine documentary at a theater in LA.  As he was exiting the rest room, he ran into none other than Nana Visitor!  The actress that played Kira Nerys now knows that my daughter was half-named after her (probably) most well-known character!

Now he's just gotta run into Terry Farrel to finish it off.

On the bus travelling to school this morning, packed as usual (luckily my stop is one of the first so it's easy to find a seat). There's an intersection along the route, and on this morning the bus was at the time when everyone else had to stand (as no more seats). Suddenly a car just stopped in front for some reason, so the bus driver had to quickly apply the brakes to not crash. What happened next?

Approx. 10-20 people who were standing got flung forward and hit the ground

Bus had to pull over by the side of the road 

Phones smashed

So I had a very interesting morning

My win 10 is shutting down and rebooting randomly, with messages like "Video scheduler Internal Error"... It happened in a presentation today! It was sooo embarassing!

Edited by Nivee~

Today, my father, who is recovering after knee surgery and is staying at my grandmother's house, apparently lost wifi signal because the router needs to be reset, which is down a flight of stairs in an office, and nobody in the house is able to help reset it.

Meanwhile, I had internet services enabled in my house the very same morning, about 15 minutes prior to his going down.

Got an NVMe SSD installed in my laptop.  Nice and snappy now compared to that 5400 RPM Spinnydisk.

Also got a new battery for the emergency laptop, which is going to stay in the room we hide from tornadoes in.  That's one less thing to think about grabbing on the way down.

Oh, and the camera I bought for our DC trip is also here.

It's Friday before a 3 day weekend.

The boss's wife brought doughnuts in this morning.

It's been a good day!

1 minute ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

I got one of these on my new rig earlier this year, had never heard of them before. It’s just so tiny! :D 

I had the same reaction when I got my very first one in my desktop.  I shouldn't have been shocked by the size, since I knew exactly how big the spot for it on the motherboard was.  Maybe it's the packaging?  The box is a lot bigger than it has to be to hold the thing.

3 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I had the same reaction when I got my very first one in my desktop.  I shouldn't have been shocked by the size, since I knew exactly how big the spot for it on the motherboard was.  Maybe it's the packaging?  The box is a lot bigger than it has to be to hold the thing.

It came all assembled in my case, judging by the picture on the website I was expecting something the size of a PCI card or some such. Technology is awesome. :cool: I still remember when I had a couple of lunchbox-sized ESDI drives sitting on the floor for a lousy 150MB. 

TV said that a remedy against skunk's stink is tomato sauce.

Probably hot ketchup is the best.
Short-range:  smear it under the skunk's tail to make him run away before he shoots.
Long-range: throw the ketchup bottle at the skunk to chase him away before he approaches.