What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

36 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Ain't climate change wonderful?

Weather isn't climate. Just a cold front coming through.

But usually if we see any snow it happens in January...

I'm just waiting for Christmas to be 60 degrees again (Fahrenheit).

14 hours ago, Bill Phil said:

Weather isn't climate. Just a cold front coming through.

With climate changing, though, we do see more erratic weather, abrupt temperature swings and unusual storm events. It's -7 *F in Minneapolis right now. Monday morning it was above freezing, and Monday evening it was 0 *F.

12 hours ago, Selective Genius said:

Hey guys, need your help naming this creature..

We call him 'Musa' which translated to 'Mouse' in English, but I think it's time for a better, proper name. The name should be 2 syllables long, preferably :D

I’ve always been partial to “Goober”

but really, every cat thinks its name is the sound of cat food hitting the dish

My first wife was of the opinion that the only proper names for cats were the names of either perfumes or greater demons. Our cat was named Eden.

When it came time to name our current cat, the kids decided to name her after the Japanese word for cat, Neko. I just translate on the fly, and call her Cat.

13 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

My first wife was of the opinion that the only proper names for cats were the names of either perfumes or greater demons. Our cat was named Eden.

When it came time to name our current cat, the kids decided to name her after the Japanese word for cat, Neko. I just translate on the fly, and call her Cat.

This guy gets it. :D

The names my wife gave our two cats when she got them are in a fascinating yet frustrating state of constant rapid quantum evolution, where names may be the same or vastly different or both at the same time and change without warning or reason. 

I call them “Cat” and “Other Cat,” and occasionally some other things unfit for the forum. :huh:

3 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I’ve got an idea...

How about Spot?star-trek-tng-data-spot-cat.jpg

A good name for a cat even if you’re not a Trekkie :wink:

That cat has had enough of his crap. :wacko:

21 hours ago, Selective Genius said:

We call him 'Musa' which translated to 'Mouse' in English

That's a cat, not a mouse.  Mouses are smaller (but not by much).

Seriously, though, the name depends on if it is male or female.  I'm sure the cat would fine either "My lord" or "My lady" an appropriate form of address, depending.

Watching a download log, have noticed some URLs looking strange, with more than one "/images" in line.

And copypasted to look at.

And immediately realized (again) that I know nothing about web-design.

Here it is.

Spoiler

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/sdemedia/sdeimages/pulse/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/images/

Yes, the "/images" occurs 320 times in this URL.

And yes, it works.
Nothing rather interesting for me, just some local Kenyan news, so you don't need to open.
But I'm genuinely fascinated by that webadmin patience and pokerface...

On 12/17/2019 at 9:58 AM, razark said:

That's a cat, not a mouse.  Mouses are smaller (but not by much).

Seriously, though, the name depends on if it is male or female.  I'm sure the cat would fine either "My lord" or "My lady" an appropriate form of address, depending.

:D Of course I know its a cat :D  I thought calling him a 'mouse' would be ironic. And to be honest, we don't really know if its  a boy or a girl.. its mom keeps attacking me when ever I get near her child. I risked my life taking that shot!

Several... although some in the not so distant past, and the other days ago.

I had a job where a female coworker wanted me to trade her swing shift for my day shift so she could party with her friends for the night. She even offered me a ride home to my place with her own vehicle.

In appearance the female coworker was pretty, but I refused to trade since:

A: I did not have my own transportation to get home at late nights.

B: I did not trust that after 'partying' with her friends she would be capable of driving me home.

She persisted and said she could drive me home more than once.

What I never told her which I would in hindsight is this:

"You have known me for about 3 weeks and you trust me enough to drive ME home? At night? I am not a bad guy, but what if I was? Never offer rides to guys you you are friendly with if you have only known them for 3 weeks!"

I could be a psychopath for all she knew. I'm not... but still. She ended up quitting the job later as she hated it and said as much. I missed her... but hey, that's life.

More recently I had a coworker contact me requesting my help driving his WIFE to a large metropolitan city 4 hours away to drop off his belongings.

I let him know my car was in bad shape, and besides, even if in good shape I hardly think it appropriate for me, a male, to be driving 4 HOURS with his wife.

Thus... i think I can safely say I dodged at least two 'bullets' in my life and counting.

Keep em comin. I hope I shall be ready.

23 hours ago, Selective Genius said:

And to be honest, we don't really know if its  a boy or a girl.

Then you need to put a third litter box between two others. It's relevant.

6 hours ago, Spacescifi said:

I did not trust that after 'partying' with her friends she would be capable of driving me home.

She persisted and said she could drive me home more than once.

I.e. not on the first attempt.
But at last, one of the homes would appear to be yours.

"You have known me for about 3 weeks and you trust me enough to drive ME home? At night? I am not a bad guy, but what if I was? Never offer rides to guys you you are friendly with if you have only known them for 3 weeks!"

I could be a psychopath for all she knew

You just haven't seen her driving after party...
Any psycho would crawl out of her car with his knees shaking from fear.

I let him know my car was in bad shape, and besides, even if in good shape I hardly think it appropriate for me, a male, to be driving 4 HOURS with his wife.

Come on, dude, not all of them are chatting all the road long.

Edited by kerbiloid

The other day I learned to tie my shoes. Apparently, the way I was doing it for decades was wrong and that's why some of them kept untying after a dozen steps, driving me crazy. This new method proved to be 100% secure over the last few days.

I had a talk with my parents about their failure to teach me the proper method.:D

Had like 100 people at my house last night, that was interesting.

Also, I bought Krafft Ehicke's Space Flight Vol. II Dynamics on amazon... for $30! Seller didn't bother to see what it was they had, the next cheapest copy on the internet I see is $160.

61dLrM-8IFL.jpg