What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

On 9/14/2020 at 10:14 AM, GDJ said:

WELL, I get a few days off.

Middle daughter was sent home from work due to illness. Just got home from getting tested for the COVID virus. I'm home for a minimum 3 days. If the results are negative, I get to go to work on Thursday. If it's positive, I get to stay home for 14 minimum.

At least I'll get some crap done around the house........and get holiday pay......could be a hell of a lot worse.......

Test came back negative. She's in the clear. They rushed the test due to some symptoms. 
So she has the normal run-of-the-mill poopy flu.

• 2 weeks later...

Still can't get why this D-Link DSL-2640U router was rejecting my attempts to set its PPPoE settings directly, but has accepted them via Click'n'Connect menu item.

I even made backups of configs of both routers (new and old) to see the passwords and ensure that they are same. They were same, I copypasted them.

It's not normal, and I really can't see how would they deploy a Martian base network using the DSL-2640U routers. Can't see.

Though, finally I now have a Wi-Fi.
Though, I need it for the only device, a smartphone. And just to test a thing working via wi-fi. Because testing this only thing via the mobile phone connection would be an even more he(mor)r(h)oical deed.

Also i now have a bluetooth. In the smartphone attached via the wi-fi. Because I have some old bluetooth USB controller but even don't know if it still works (like five years ago when I used it once).
And I need it for the only bluetooth device, because I have exactly 0 of them. Like 0 of wi-fi devices, too.
Because I need neither wi-fi, nor bluetooth, I'm happy with the wires.

So, now I have a hi-tech industrial chain: handheld sensor-bluetooth-smartphone-wifi-router-computer-adsl-wires.
And the smartphone is without SIM card. Because why use it when there are wires.

So brave new world has come!

If you ask me what's next, I say you. Murder the PHP part, eliminate any GPL feces totally from the existence.
I've already shrinked it to two files from original hundred, and will kill it as soon as possible with something GPLless. Maybe even just write a tiny dedicated http server.

Let MIT license rule! Let Apache license live! Let LGPL be. But GPL should be cursed, damned, and forgotten.
(Not that it ever made problems, but why should it make the world worse than it can be without it.)

Edited by kerbiloid

oh boy is it ever super fun to run on 3 hours of sleep cause you have an exam thats at 4:30 am where you are because your uni is across the ocean and 6 hours ahead of where you live

at least theres caffeine  to keep you going

Yesterday during study hall, I got called down to the office. The vice principal told me I came into close contact with a positive covid student...8 days ago. So now I have to stay home for 13 more days...at least I’ll Have time for my kerbal rescue force. 

No symptoms yet, so I should be in the clear. No need to get my nose probed violated, so I’m going to refrain from getting the test. It’s really aggravating, this whole situation, because IF HE WORE HIS STINKIN MASK LIKE WE’RE SUPPOSED TO I wouldn’t have to quarantine...eh. Where am I even going with this...

Can’t complain, really. I’m doing well and my family’s not sick, so that’s a plus. 

Edited by Lewie

Funny thing happened just a while ago.

Someone just realized where does Phineas and Ferb get all their money from? How do they get all the money? We had a very funny conversation.

1 hour ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Funny thing happened just a while ago.

Someone just realized where does Phineas and Ferb get all their money from? How do they get all the money? We had a very funny conversation.

Didn't they serve on the city council or something? I'm sure they could sell some of their inventions if need be.

4 minutes ago, Lewie said:

That’s probably what 2020 will be referred to in the future...lmao

When people were driven by morons to act as if a new risk of level X was in fact a risk of level 100X or more.

Saturday we have another party to go to, woot! Brisket and beverages!

Edited by tater