What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

A conjunction this close probably won't happen again for hundreds of years, you should definitely head somewhere with better weather to see it if you can.

It's been cloudy where I am too, but I'm not too worried. I will make up for it with the conjunction between my boot and Mars.

4 hours ago, GeorgT85 said:

After leaving Steam behind I was happy to find this game as DRM free purchase in the Kerbal store :)

It's DRM Free on Steam as well.  If you copy the KSP folder to a different location that Steam doesn't know about, you can launch the game the same you would a copy purchased from the KSP store.

The number of people I see driving, ALONE with masks on is pretty comical—except that I feel really sorry for them, it means they have lived for months in terror (for no reason).

A buddy of mine runs the COVID-19 testing for the film industry in our state. They have every single employee working on movies/TV rapid tested every morning. 15 minutes (my wife got rapid tested at the hospital and heard back the next day, lol). The fancy people (actors, directors, etc) get tested twice a day, before they come in, then before they leave. The film crews mask all day, and the actors when they aren't shooting. They none the less have positives just like the state at large, and my friend then counsels them (he's a doc). He said they're all terrified even though zero have gotten sick enough to need any care at all, and they invariably tell him, "But I've done everything I'm supposed to do!" He said they go on about always masking, rarely shopping, no eating in restaurants (since those are closed here anyway except take out), no social gatherings, and full masking at work.

Clearly they failed, they were insufficiently devout in their masking and distancing! You need to rotate 3.5 times before donning or doffing a mask, all while facing the exact direction the constellation Orion is in at that moment. Or something.

15 minutes ago, tater said:

The number of people I see driving, ALONE with masks on is pretty comical—except that I feel really sorry for them, it means they have lived for months in terror (for no reason).

Sometimes it's more work than it's worth to take off your mask just to drive a short distance to someplace where you will have to wear your mask again anyway. So I don't think they are all unaware that they are in no danger of breathing pathogens alone inside their own vehicle.

5 minutes ago, cubinator said:

Sometimes it's more work than it's worth to take off your mask just to drive a short distance to someplace where you will have to wear your mask again anyway. So I don't think they are all unaware that they are in no danger of breathing pathogens alone inside their own vehicle.

I occasionally find myself literally forgetting to take my mask off because I don't care about having it on in the first place.

1 hour ago, cubinator said:

So I don't think they are all unaware that they are in no danger of breathing pathogens alone inside their own vehicle.

Wouldn’t be so sure about that, I once got way into it with some guy who insisted that if you drove with the window down and no mask on you were absolutely going to spread your COVID to each and every car you passed. :rolleyes:

Now me, I can’t stand the dang thing, so I don’t wear it a moment longer than necessary and beneficial. 
...and then there’s the guy who’s been wearing the same pair of blue latex gloves all day and touching everything...

1 hour ago, tater said:

They none the less have positives just like the state at large,

Question is, how does their infection rate compare to the state at large?

43 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Now me, I can’t stand the dang thing, so I don’t wear it a moment longer than necessary and beneficial. 

Yeah, for me it decreases visibility in the car enough (I wear glasses) that I find it safer to remove mine while driving. But I can see how certain masks could be comfortable enough for others, and I agree that it's nice and warm for our northern latitude winters.

On 12/21/2020 at 8:10 PM, Geonovast said:

It's DRM Free on Steam as well.  If you copy the KSP folder to a different location that Steam doesn't know about, you can launch the game the same you would a copy purchased from the KSP store.

No problem I got it for 10$ during the sale :)

I have a handy little clip-on work light which is nice, but it had three white LEDs and I like to use it in the dark, so I took it apart and de-soldered the white lights and replaced them with a single red LED. Now it's much dimmer and I think it'll be much nicer to use in the dark!