What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

3 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Got first dose today let's goooooo!

Eeeeeeeeexcellent. The nanites tickle at first but by your second dose you won’t spare a thought for them at all... or, anything else.... [ebil bill gates laugh]

No but seriously your arm gonna feel like you took a punch from Mike Tyson tomorrow, then it’s all good. ^_^

17 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Eeeeeeeeexcellent. The nanites tickle at first but by your second dose you won’t spare a thought for them at all... or, anything else.... [ebil bill gates laugh]

No but seriously your arm gonna feel like you took a punch from Mike Tyson tomorrow, then it’s all good. ^_^

For me, I just felt a little tingle, and it would increase if I tried to move my arm. So I kept moving it, and completely missed the most of it by sleeping. Can't wait for the 2nd.

So, we are doing some minor reorganization of the household layout. As part of this I had the idea to build a bookshelf/storage unit for the kids to store all of their schoolbooks/papers in, so that they will all be in one place, instead of scattered in various locations around the house. I kid you not, they are now worried that they won't be able to find anything. Because instead of their school books being scattered between the dining room table, and the sideboard, and the top of the dog's cage, and on their bed, they will all be on one shelf in a bookcase. Honestly.... :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

So, we are doing some minor reorganization of the household layout. As part of this I had the idea to build a bookshelf/storage unit for the kids to store all of their schoolbooks/papers in, so that they will all be in one place, instead of scattered in various locations around the house. I kid you not, they are now worried that they won't be able to find anything. Because instead of their school books being scattered between the dining room table, and the sideboard, and the top of the dog's cage, and on their bed, they will all be on one shelf in a bookcase.

Same thing happens with my little brothers. Whenever they want the beds moved, we move them into different places, and they spend the next week bragging about how they have the most free space in the house, then they fill it up with their mess and then stay like that. Until the cycle renews.

7 hours ago, TheSaint said:

So, we are doing some minor reorganization of the household layout. As part of this I had the idea to build a bookshelf/storage unit for the kids to store all of their schoolbooks/papers in, so that they will all be in one place, instead of scattered in various locations around the house. I kid you not, they are now worried that they won't be able to find anything. Because instead of their school books being scattered between the dining room table, and the sideboard, and the top of the dog's cage, and on their bed, they will all be on one shelf in a bookcase. Honestly.... :rolleyes:

Youth tells truth,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Method_of_loci

Tried to replace a toilet today. Which of course went right down the s— did not go as planned. :mad: And all the hardware stores are now closed. 

The cat is extremely upset, as he’s now been deprived of his water bowl.  He has a stupidly expensive (for what it is) carbon-filtered USB-powered decorative cat fountain, but insists on drinking from the toilet. And then looking abashed when he gets caught doing so. :P

Edited by CatastrophicFailure
drep

I got to say "I rerouted the secondary cooling loop to prevent the core from overheating" with a straight face and mean it tonight.

I just fixed the drill's coolant line on the CNC to keep it from melting... but still.... Roddenberry would have been proud. 

2 hours ago, Gargamel said:

I got to say "I rerouted the secondary cooling loop to prevent the core from overheating" with a straight face and mean it tonight.

I just fixed the drill's coolant line on the CNC to keep it from melting... but still.... Roddenberry would have been proud. 

Pfft, now...

<actual FAMK> spoiler

Spoiler

...do it on the surface of the moon wearing only duct tape  -_-

4 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Firstly, I thought this was a euphemism for "I ceased their b-hurt by changing the subject."

But later I got that it was literally.

9 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

Firstly, I thought this was a euphemism for "I ceased their b-hurt by changing the subject."

But later I got that it was literally.

I have a new euphemism in my lexicon now....

-------------

My wife bought a whole case of Anaheim chilies from the local mercado for dirt cheap.

<@tater has entered the chat>

1 minute ago, TheSaint said:

My wife bought a whole case of Anaheim chilies from the local mercado for dirt cheap.

They are the same pepper as our NM chiles, but less hot in general.

Roast them first. Throw a few on the grill, or even open flame of rangetop if gas. Black and blistery here and there is good. Immediately throw them in a zip bag and let em sit a couple minutes. Skin will now come off easily (if burned enough).

Chop and put on a cheeseburger.

Do more, and you can make green chile stew (not sure how hot it would be, but probably tastes delicious).

If they are really large, you could try making rellenos (hit up youtube for vids on New Mexican rellenos (Mexican ones tend to be with poblano peppers, also delicious).

TNM_Hatch_Chile_Main_4d491ca7-e5b6-4d97-

Hey folks,

Not sure this is funny but hopefully it counts as interesting. :) Either way, I'm pretty darned excited about it. 

As of about an hour ago I'm officially a published science-fiction author!  

Well, I say 'I' but it's more like 'we'. Huge thanks to @CatastrophicFailure (again!) for proof-reading, editing and generally applying the polish.

It's a short story, titled The Cactus Farmers, and it's been accepted for an upcoming edition of my local science fiction and fantasy magazine. Not sure exactly which edition yet but if anyone's interested, I'll gladly share the link (when I get it) via PMs!

I'm cross-posting this from the Fanworks forum. Apologies for the double post but I wanted to share with everyone else who doesn't hang out on Fanworks!

26 minutes ago, KSK said:

Hey folks,

Not sure this is funny but hopefully it counts as interesting. :) Either way, I'm pretty darned excited about it. 

As of about an hour ago I'm officially a published science-fiction author!  

Well, I say 'I' but it's more like 'we'. Huge thanks to @CatastrophicFailure (again!) for proof-reading, editing and generally applying the polish.

It's a short story, titled The Cactus Farmers, and it's been accepted for an upcoming edition of my local science fiction and fantasy magazine. Not sure exactly which edition yet but if anyone's interested, I'll gladly share the link (when I get it) via PMs!

I'm cross-posting this from the Fanworks forum. Apologies for the double post but I wanted to share with everyone else who doesn't hang out on Fanworks!

Yeah I am interested in reading it. Short stories are often better than full length since they resolve things in a satisfying stand alone way...or they leave the reader with a hook or question.

On 4/26/2021 at 11:48 PM, Spacescifi said:

Yeah I am interested in reading it. Short stories are often better than full length since they resolve things in a satisfying stand alone way...or they leave the reader with a hook or question.

Thanks! I've sent you a PM with the details.

On 4/26/2021 at 9:38 AM, tater said:

They are the same pepper as our NM chiles, but less hot in general.

Roast them first. Throw a few on the grill, or even open flame of rangetop if gas. Black and blistery here and there is good. Immediately throw them in a zip bag and let em sit a couple minutes. Skin will now come off easily (if burned enough).

Chop and put on a cheeseburger.

Do more, and you can make green chile stew (not sure how hot it would be, but probably tastes delicious).

If they are really large, you could try making rellenos (hit up youtube for vids on New Mexican rellenos (Mexican ones tend to be with poblano peppers, also delicious).

TNM_Hatch_Chile_Main_4d491ca7-e5b6-4d97-

Made green chile stew for dinner last night, so good. Had a little kick, but not too much. Tonight it is cheeseburgers (coincidentally, we were having cheeseburgers this week anyway), so chopped chiles on cheeseburgers it is.

18 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

Made green chile stew for dinner last night, so good. Had a little kick, but not too much. Tonight it is cheeseburgers (coincidentally, we were having cheeseburgers this week anyway), so chopped chiles on cheeseburgers it is.

Hmmm, maybe I'll have that as well (green chile cheeseburgers).

The nice thing about GC stew is that if you can get different heat chiles, you can adjust to taste. I actually use a LOT of mild chile, then spike it with hot until the heat level is right—I want to taste the chile, not just heat.

I’ve been following the progress of the old Excursion I traded in a few weeks ago, since I’m too lazy to cancel the mobile security access. :P It went from Tesla to a big auto wholesaler auction house, then to a used truck dealer down in Seattle. 

It’s now one of their featured rides and they’re asking over $29,000 for it.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I only paid $20,000 for it... in 2013.  :blink:

And the listing says “no mechanical defects.”

<_<

Spoiler

AbandonedAggravatingBoilweevil-size_rest

Something something glitch in the Matrix...

But, in other news, this still works!

and the rooster hates it. ^_^