What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

I realized I had left my wallet at work an hour after I left.

I hoped they would still be open but nope!

I saw my wallet on the ground in the parking lot, but the gate was shut and the barb wire fence protecting the lot.

So I did what any desperate guy like me would do. I climbed a tree near the gate, climbed over and dropled down, and used the same tree to get back out.

Never have I been so grateful for trees!

And I will never use these pants with shallow pockets for pocket use again!

14 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

My daughter asked me to help her with her science project for school.

Did I win?

Many kids do that. I had a horrible father and only asked him for help because my mom said he was better at it than her.

If your kids actually show that they love you and are not avoiding you because they fear you I would say you have already won.

Because science projects come and go. But relationships and what you leave behind matter much more.

19 minutes ago, Spacescifi said:

It is what it is. On the plus side his genes were good enough to gift me with a certain atheleticism.

And with that physicality I will use it to make my life better and brighter than it ever was under him.

Good attitude.

Write your own story!

I went to fence this morning, and sliced my thigh open. The gash was pretty deep, but I was like, "eh, it'll be fine."

I put some tape on it. 

That was not a good idea.

I also got my thumb sliced open.

Can you guess what I did?

Yep. I put some tape on it. 

I am now laying on my couch with stitches in my leg and my thumb covered in gauze. 

*At least I got the bright Idea to go to the er after I won a bout and the guy I was facing noticed that there was blood leaking through my knickers.*

All in all, a very productive day.

Catharsis! :D

64UT4JH.jpg

took three whole trailerfulls of scrap that’s been plaguing me for years to the recycler. Pretty sure there was a whole motorcycle or two in there somewhere.  As if in exclamation, there was a tiny, fragile little plant growing under all that junk in the end.  ^_^

Because it rains a lot here, and even old rusty metal turns green after a while. -_-

Speaking of which, @Fletch4 for Jeb’s sake I hope you got a tetanus shot too! :o

Well it didn't exactly happen today, but it was funny... so funny that I laughed so hard I almost threw up.

While on vacation this past year in the Republic of Georgia, I took my grandsons to the dinosaur display (for kids) at the mountain top Mtatsminda Park.  It's a very popular landmark in the capitol city of Tbilisi.  Walking through the exhibit, the various dinosaurs (some of them animatronic) have sensors that play a 'dinosaur sound' and make it move when you get close to them.  Very low budget Disney thing.  We came across one that played a submarine dive alarm as its dinosaur sound (Wikipedia Commons ogg sound file).  You had to be there.

The grandsons couldn't figure out what was wrong with grandpa.:lol:

14 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

Well it didn't exactly happen today, but it was funny... so funny that I laughed so hard I almost threw up.

While on vacation this past year in the Republic of Georgia, I took my grandsons to the dinosaur display (for kids) at the mountain top Mtatsminda Park.  It's a very popular landmark in the capitol city of Tbilisi.  Walking through the exhibit, the various dinosaurs (some of them animatronic) have sensors that play a 'dinosaur sound' and make it move when you get close to them.  Very low budget Disney thing.  We came across one that played a submarine dive alarm as its dinosaur sound (Wikipedia Commons ogg sound file).  You had to be there.

The grandsons couldn't figure out what was wrong with grandpa.:lol:

subnautica-3-unknown-worlds-next-game.jp

I had my first advanced program maths class, but since it is for grade 10, and I'm grade 9 (there are other grade 9's, but apparently they got work to learn for class and I didn't (seriously, is it above the teacher to put one sentence detailing the needed work in one of our emails), in hindsight, it was pathetically obvious), so.

That was the single dumbest I've ever felt. 

I've got a load of work to do to finish all the grade 9 work before Monday, but it's almost bedtime.

8 minutes ago, Delay said:

What's the curriculum in grade 10 for you?

We can pick between proper maths (all the complicated stuff) and basic maths (how to do your taxes and nothing more). I'm of course going with proper maths (if I didn't, I wouldn't stand a chance at my life goals.)

Advanced program maths (AP for short) is extra maths for grade ten kids.

Other than that, well, I don't have a grade ten workbook so I don't know.

I have know that knowledge is power. It is also potential... to change the outcome of a given path.

As such, I am an avid researcher... especiallly when it involves my wellbeing.

Certain foods I usually avoid despite how enjoyable they may be... like cured meats because of the sodium nitrate that increases cancer risk.

Interestingly there are ways to make the same meats without sodium nitrate to reduce the cancer risk, but it would cut into profits because the process takes longer and the taste is different too.

So money wins per company profit demands at consumer expense. But as the consumer you can be or choose what you want... so long you have the knowledge.

It makes me marvel that some... likely a lot more than that are oblivious to the dangers I don't ignore.

For example, I desired to try out bangers and mash at the only local restaurant I know that serves British and Irish cuisine. But I called ahead to see if they had sodium nitrate.

The waitress on the phone did not know and began asking others but I overheard her say "Sodium nitrate? What's that? I don't know what he is asking for?"

Within less than a minute she returned to tell me that yes, their bangers do have sodium nitrate, so I thanked her and hung up.

Ignorance is not bliss... especially when knowing can save you pain, suffering, and possibly death.

I know several relatives who ate bacon every morning who now have intestine issues and or tumors.

Edited by Spacescifi

Now that diner started adding the sodium nitrate everywhere, as the customers ask for it, and they just have seen that it makes food look more nice and fresh.

Next time somebody will ask them if they put an opened bag of sugar next to a bucket of water...

And grease the old sausages with sunflower oil...

They were obviously at the very beginning of their professional evolution.

Today Yesterday This weekend... recently... we had to have this beautiful 70-foot-tall Douglas fir taken down. :(

fMNqaPZ.jpg

(nifty timelapse coming soon)

Spoiler

Couple of arborists now have told us it's unhealthy due to the driveway cutting the roots. Prolly wouldn't come down next month or even next year, but it'll only get bigger and the bigger they are... so, yeah. And it's surrounded by things that don't respond well to being crushed by several tons of wood like the electrical box, the generator, the house... :wacko:

Stout sucker, too. (size 11's for scale)

NLzYScb.jpg

And well beyond my pay grade, so called the pros in.

Got some nice logs out of the deal tho. ^_^

Q3W2Gm3.jpg

Think we're gonna take those big three and see about getting them milled into lumber, maybe make something cool. Circle of life & what not. Also discovered our lil' tractor will not, unfortunately, lift an uncut 30-foot-long 28-inch thick log. Like, at all

Also interesting was the effect it had on our OG Starlink dishy.  The Starlink app makes a neat little sky map where you can actually see any obstructions around, and it's uncanny how accurate it is. You can clearly pick out the tree top where it was blocking the view before:

qJpTQXm.jpg

After, the time between obstructions increased (that's good) and the red blocking decreased. Checked it again and the red is almost entirely gone from there now, TBO now 9 minutes, it must take time to completely "scan" the sky and realise the tree is gone.

TPiIpew.png

The holly and red huckleberry that had been shadowed behind it will probably be happy now, but it's kinda sad having a great big hole and stump there now. Think we might plant one of the saplings there we grew from acorns from the tree my wife planted & grew from an acorn back in her hometown. Maybe we'll name it Jonelle. *pokes @KSK with a stick*

Edited by CatastrophicFailure