What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

1 hour ago, AtomicTech said:

Woah!

Where do you work?

Just a CNC machinist.  That's just my toy at work.     I did customize it though.

EY04ebY.jpg

PwRG6yn.jpg

uQ0VTm0.jpg

Even when the company rep/engineers came in to work on the system, they didn't even notice the stickers, aside from the name tag, as they look official. 

1 hour ago, Gargamel said:

Just a CNC machinist.  That's just my toy at work.     I did customize it though.

EY04ebY.jpg

PwRG6yn.jpg

uQ0VTm0.jpg

Even when the company rep/engineers came in to work on the system, they didn't even notice the stickers, aside from the name tag, as they look official.

That's awesome. But I have to say, if you're going to give your robot an umbrella....

SI050mrU5wPUWbdRaWRBzDUWKiB0oiagbQT3vfia

Be seeing you... ;)

On 2/10/2022 at 7:31 AM, Gargamel said:

That's just my toy at work.     I did customize it though

Not so much customization here. Just the franchise rep watching for any sign of rebellion for the past several years...

n8CPM1p.jpg

Your shop is much cleaner than mine, unsurprisingly.

Edited by StrandedonEarth

5 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

They're fake anyway. <_<

:sticktongue:

Oh, probably, and worthless regardless, so who cares? But it’s the first time I got a reaction like that, and it’s fun (and addictive! That’s how these platforms work!) to watch the numbers go up. Until they stop, of course, but the wise people know it means nothing anyways. Teens, OTOh, need to be taught that. 

Things You Can’t Tow with a Tesla #7: a whole flarping tree. 
qmaUq5F.jpg

Well… most of one. Pretty sure this was over the 5klb tow rating, or at least dang close, the trailer struggled a bit to dump it. Still pulled it without issue… and stopped it, too. Only had to take it about a mile, anyway, for this:

9olxCGr.jpg

I have so much lumber now. :confused:

A guy across the highway does custom milling, so instead of just chopping it up for firewood that nice old tree will become something else with long term appreciation. My complete lack of woodworking skills notwithstanding. :/

Gonna try to make a bench out of the big half-rounds, a couple of nice live-edge shelves… and 2x4s… lots and lots of 2x4s. Maybe a new woodshed for actual firewood. 

On 2/14/2022 at 5:50 PM, StrandedonEarth said:

Oh, probably, and worthless regardless, so who cares? But it’s the first time I got a reaction like that, and it’s fun (and addictive! That’s how these platforms work!) to watch the numbers go up. Until they stop, of course, but the wise people know it means nothing anyways. Teens, OTOh, need to be taught that. 

I read somewhere that social media likes tickle the same receptors in the brain as… certain chemicals of questionable legality. <_< Makes perfect sense. 

On 2/12/2022 at 12:11 AM, StrandedonEarth said:

If I was a moderator, I'd write that on there with a silver Sharpie

PRMx4S5.jpg
That be My Van hammer (Ya know what, I’m leaving the unintended typo in, fitting for this forum)

I am wearing socks with capybaras on them tonight, and nobody here at work knows.   

Edited by Gargamel
Typo?

On 2/20/2022 at 1:45 AM, CatastrophicFailure said:

Things You Can’t Tow with a Tesla #7: a whole flarping tree. 
qmaUq5F.jpg

Well… most of one. Pretty sure this was over the 5klb tow rating, or at least dang close, the trailer struggled a bit to dump it. Still pulled it without issue… and stopped it, too. Only had to take it about a mile, anyway, for this:

9olxCGr.jpg

I have so much lumber now. :confused:

A guy across the highway does custom milling, so instead of just chopping it up for firewood that nice old tree will become something else with long term appreciation. My complete lack of woodworking skills notwithstanding. :/

Gonna try to make a bench out of the big half-rounds, a couple of nice live-edge shelves… and 2x4s… lots and lots of 2x4s. Maybe a new woodshed for actual firewood. 

I read somewhere that social media likes tickle the same receptors in the brain as… certain chemicals of questionable legality. <_< Makes perfect sense. 

Jealous!

Years ago I had a 50yo maple milled; got some absolutely gorgeous heartwood out of it!

https://imgur.com/a/UPmlQoH

Snoooooooooooooooow! :D

xWy6fTv.jpg

…aaaaaaaand it’s gone. :(

Sigh. Another one of those Cascadia 24-hour snows, then back to mud. 

10 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Jealous!

Years ago I had a 50yo maple milled; got some absolutely gorgeous heartwood out of it!

https://imgur.com/a/UPmlQoH

I wish. :/ Hardwood is a hard find around here, they don’t call it the Evergreen State for nothin’. Have to settle for ol’ Doug Fir: the softer hardwood. 

8 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Snoooooooooooooooow! :D

xWy6fTv.jpg

…aaaaaaaand it’s gone. :(

Sigh. Another one of those Cascadia 24-hour snows, then back to mud.

We're supposed to get 3-4" of snow tonight. :D

But it will almost certainly be gone by tomorrow night. :(

6 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

The right side of the road is to the south, the left side is to the north.

Because it's warmer at the right side, and the snow melts...

Here I would say the exact opposite. The right is N, and the sun to the S (left) managed to hit the ground under the trees, warming it. If the right was S, then the ground under is in shade all the time.

The road up the mountain to my house runes sorta E-W. There is a tree on the South side of the rd, and the shadow of that tree—even with no leaves in winter—means the road there ices up and collects snow first.

I keep forgetting to take pics, but we often have snow that melts mostly the same day. We have few trees at all, so you see the adobe (or just stucco) houses with harsh shadows in the bright NM sun—but the shadows are white, since it's the only place the snow isn't melted.

We got a couple inches of snow last night, and it's still snowing off-and-on right now. Might stick around for the day. Kids are chomping at the bit to go sledding at the local park, which has a pretty decent hill, but the spousal unit is making them finish their schoolwork before they can go. No snow day for you! <diabolical laughter>