What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

17 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

puppy approves. 

Yeah, the young of all types love big piles of loose materials....

t4rEWLz.jpg

I could have sworn I had pics of the whole gang on that dirt pile, but haven’t found them yet. But I had fun going through old pictures and showing the one teenager that was awake his pampered butt

Edited by StrandedonEarth

I saw a Liebherr mobile crane today! I was able to take some pictures, but I haven't transferred them to my computer yet. There is a small bridge in the town that I live in that has been closed for a while, and they are working on rebuilding it; that's why the crane is there. There have also been a Volvo loader and two Volvo excavators there since they started working on it. I think it was something like an LTM 1160-5.1, although it might be a different model.

Ordered pizza for breakfast at work like I do every few weeks.   2 weeks ago I broke down and filled in their (Marco’s) survey, got a free cheesy bread coupon as a thank you.    Tonight I used that coupon, along with my half off pizza coupon that has been working for the last two years (Pizza50).    I get another email survey tonight, and another free cheesy bread coupon, applied directly to the app. 

I get a fully loaded pizza, it looks like a dang chef’s salad (sorry no beets @Geonovast) and cheesy bread, now with the coupons I have to also get a drink to bring the total over the delivery minimum.    AND they ran out of 20oz so they gave me a 2L, which is actually cheaper, but still.  

Yay cheap Pizza!

Couple April fools things.  

Hid an electronic cricket in boss’s office.    It makes a brief chirping noise every 20-30 minutes, randomly.   That should drive him nuts for a couple days. 

It’s my mom’s birthday today (the 31st) and she wanted to have dinner with me and my girlfriend on Saturday.   So we picked a place.  As it’s the first tome meeting the parents, the girlfriend is pretty nervous.  

So now that she is asleep, I’ve sent her a text saying Mom and I talked some more and I offered to have the girlfriend cook at her place.     She’s not a “cooker”, and only has a kitchenette table for 2. 

This should make for an eventful morning. 

12 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Hid an electronic cricket in boss’s office.    It makes a brief chirping noise every 20-30 minutes, randomly.   That should drive him nuts for a couple days. 

When I was in high school one of my friends got one of those musical birthday cards which played, "Happy Birthday" in the most annoying way possible when you opened it. We took it apart it figure out how it worked, then figured out how to pin the mechanism so it played continuously. Then we took it and hid it in the suspended ceiling above my Spanish teacher's desk. Before class, when everyone was talking, it was too faint to hear. But after class had started you could very faintly hear it playing in the background. She was tearing her desk apart trying to find it. "WHERE IS THAT NOISE COMING FROM!!!" We all just stared at her blankly. "What noise?"

12 hours ago, Gargamel said:

It’s my mom’s birthday today (the 31st) and she wanted to have dinner with me and my girlfriend on Saturday.   So we picked a place.  As it’s the first tome meeting the parents, the girlfriend is pretty nervous.  

So now that she is asleep, I’ve sent her a text saying Mom and I talked some more and I offered to have the girlfriend cook at her place.     She’s not a “cooker”, and only has a kitchenette table for 2. 

This should make for an eventful morning.

68c7865bc41fa419e757300a04f735e7.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Just wanted to share good news for fans of Atomic Rockets. Or Ogre. Or anything else Winchell Chung/Nyrath related. If you may recall, last fall he was diagnosed with terminal prostate cancer. Well, apparently, the news of his demise was premature. He is now in remission. Having lost someone very close to me to cancer it always brings me joy to see someone punch cancer in the nose.

Edited by TheSaint

On 4/1/2022 at 12:25 AM, Gargamel said:

Hid an electronic cricket in boss’s office.    It makes a brief chirping noise every 20-30 minutes, randomly.   That should drive him nuts for a couple days

Day 6 update: Boss has been reported to be on the floor with a flashlight.  I hid it inside a stretcher of a table, he can’t find it.   Rumor has it he is contemplating getting an exterminator.  

3 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Day 6 update: Boss has been reported to be on the floor with a flashlight.  I hid it inside a stretcher of a table, he can’t find it.   Rumor has it he is contemplating getting an exterminator.  

I remember trying to find a live cricket in my room one night. Maddening….

Took the pupper to the vet yesterday. Three one guesses why...

xSK5ywU.gif

Spoiler

Yup, it's that time.

G6kWNjl.jpg

The Cone of Shame! 

All went well but keeping a furry 30lb ball of limitless energy "calm and still" for two weeks is an uphill battle, they sent him home with plenty of medication.

He's sooooo sto-

er...

appears impaired... <_<

9rx33Ii.jpg

Got a little of that Kerbal lazy-eye going on...

He keeps bumping his cone on things and getting stuck, standing there motionless trying to comprehend what just happened. But he's finally holding still long enough for some cuddles. ^_^ Vaxxed and microchipped too, should make a nice little 5G hotspot.

The vet's advice on his future behavior...

3zjyJqp.gif

But then I expect him to shave his head, start wearing mumus, and gathering an intricate spy network... :ph34r:

1 hour ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Took the pupper to the vet yesterday. Three one guesses why...

xSK5ywU.gif

Hide contents

Yup, it's that time.

G6kWNjl.jpg

The Cone of Shame! 

All went well but keeping a furry 30lb ball of limitless energy "calm and still" for two weeks is an uphill battle, they sent him home with plenty of medication.

He's sooooo sto-

er...

appears impaired... <_<

9rx33Ii.jpg

Got a little of that Kerbal lazy-eye going on...

He keeps bumping his cone on things and getting stuck, standing there motionless trying to comprehend what just happened. But he's finally holding still long enough for some cuddles. ^_^ Vaxxed and microchipped too, should make a nice little 5G hotspot.

The vet's advice on his future behavior...

3zjyJqp.gif

But then I expect him to shave his head, start wearing mumus, and gathering an intricate spy network... :ph34r:

The unkindest cut of all...

Did they give him pain meds? My understanding is that those are counterproductive for animals, as they don't understand that they need to take it easy after such a procedure. The pain tells them that they're hurt and to just sleep as much as possible until it gets better. OTOH nobody wants to see their pet in pain, so it's a tough. choice to make