What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

What few realize is that flower breeding in Animal Crossing actually behaves by Mendelian genetics with several dominant and recessive genes combining in Punnett squares. Most flower species use 3 alleles: a dominant and recessive for Red, Yellow, and White which combine to express the various phenotypes. Roses however carry a special red hybrid modifier gene which makes a carefully mass produced chain breeding process crucial for extracting rare colors. Blue roses are produced by an 8 step process from seed varieties, hybrid testing, and a penultimate special red hybrid with a 25% chance of producing blue offspring. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

46 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

*jaw drops* :confused:

When I was accepted to Embry-Riddle back in '86, tuition, room, and board was $35k a year. Which would be over $95k a year now, adjusted for inflation.

Private schools are expensive, do your gen ed at community college and then transfer.

On 1/31/2023 at 4:39 PM, GuessingEveryDay said:

My bike's front wheel came loose and I may have sprained my wrist. But I did get accepted to Embry-Riddle for Aerospace Engineering!

Congratulations! I am nearing the end of my Aerospace Engineering degree at UMN, and I wish you all the best on yours. 

I was a straight-A student in high school, and I took an extra year to do it. Don't be too hard on yourself when things get tough, it IS rocket science. Always ask professors for help when you need it, and ask them what cool stuff they work on too - that can be your most unique opportunity sometimes.

Went to meet my girlfriend's parents. My girlfriend was worried that I would be able to talk to her dad, but it turned out that because I found out that his dad was good at making vivarium - and I was trying to learn how to do it - we talked happily for the whole afternoon.

Next step I think is need to figure out how to make her cat to like me.

Friend: I finally went and watch the film today too.
                The kid sitting to my left was making a lot of noise and kept "explaining the film (aka spoilers)" so I accidentally spill the coke on his shirt.
Me: May I learn how you spill it?
Friend: well, just you have to pretend it was a accident
                I spilled it all at once
                And then you say sorry very sincerely
                The kid won't think you did it on purpose
                The main thing is, couples minutes later, the kid keeps explaining the film to me
                It made me feel a bit guilty
Me: Didn't you spill the coke for nothing?

Edited by steve9728

After a dreary, overcast day, the sky cleared showing off the full moon.  Took my son outside with the telescope and stared at it for a while. 

Then I noticed that the humidity had dropped considerably and I could see both Orion and the Pleiades.  So we got to see the fuzzy blob of the nebula and the star cluster before it became too cold and too boring for my teenager. 

Good times 

16 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

Probably dyed with radium infused (and leaded) paint.

Nope, transparent polymer and internal lamps.

16 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

You were today years old when you learned that Goodyear made GLOW IN THE DARK TIRES!!!

Don't tell the chavs (or local varieties thereof).

1181401_2.jpg