What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

Im really starting to get freaked out. Tonight I was going to get dinner and went to a neighboring suburb of my city. I decided I wanted to hear some music while doing this I kicked youtube on on my phone. So on youtube i turned on a “radio” station for the band Citizen Soldier. I was driving along listening and nothing interesting was going on as I was going to this little cafe. I get there, pause the music, order, pay, get my food, unpause and drive off.
Now, the thing is before I return us to tonight, I want to remind you of my post yesterday just a few posts above this one. That event yesterday is part of why Im freaking out. I specifically want to quote a part and explain why/how it ties in here.

On 2/19/2023 at 7:41 PM, AlamoVampire said:

See, to be blunt ive not had the best of luck over the last 12 years or so since she dumped me, and the last few months…well were/are a pure dumpster fire of the universe using me as a punching bag.

As some of you know from private talks with me (again I thank you so much for your time talking about it with me) back in November I was falsely accused of something I did not do and was barred by law enforcement from returning to this one location under threat of arrest. The thing is, there was a person there (not the one who falsely accused me) that I was going to ask out. But then my world went up in smoke. I have a lawyer and am trying to fight this but hes being painfully slow. So how does this fit? Well I have been thinking about contacting my lawyer to try to get this going and yesterday after posting about what happened when getting dinner I started thinking about my recent situation. I realized that the hopefulness I felt yesterday was focused on the hope there may be a path to salvaging this mess that stopped me from trying to ask this person out, again not my accuser. 

So hows this fit today? Lets return to my car and drive home! I was not trying to aim to directly pass by where that mess happened. As I got close a song came up called: “I am not okay” by Citizen Soldier, then as if the universe is truly slipping and starting to show hints its finally going to back off and leave alone or maybe its tripled down on screwing with me the MOMENT I drew even with the building where my world vaporized the song: “This is Your Sign” by Citizen Soldier started.

Now I am honestly freaked out here. I want to think yesterday and today are just stupid coincidences but part of me cannot shake the feeling that the universe may be hinting something, that again maybe the winds or perhaps my stars are changing and things may start going right?  Again do I dare hope? Every instinct and every fiber in me says im going to get burned by that hope..  :( 

So guys please help me out, what is your take on these 2 sets of events? Am I crazy? Do I dare hope?

oo new page

Edited by AlamoVampire

I had an entire conversation with ChatGPT about Polandball and how to learn Finnish. It's kind of interesting. It even gave me this Polandball comic plot, which isn't even too bad:

Panel 1: Sealandball is shown sitting on his tiny platform in the middle of the ocean, looking bored.

Panel 2: Suddenly, UKball appears, waving a flag and shouting "Sealand, I claim thee in the name of the Queen!"

Panel 3: Sealandball looks up, surprised, and responds "What? But I am already a country!"

Panel 4: UKball looks confused and asks "What do you mean, you're a country? You're just a tiny platform in the middle of the ocean!"

Panel 5: Sealandball stands up proudly and declares "I may be small, but I am still a sovereign nation!"

Panel 6: UKball scratches his head and says "Well, I suppose that's true. But you're still technically part of my waters."

Panel 7: Sealandball rolls his eyes and responds "Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before. Just let me have my independence, okay?"

Panel 8: The final panel shows Sealandball standing on his platform, looking out at the sea. In the distance, a giant wave is approaching. Sealandball says "At least I don't have to worry about invading armies...just invading waves!"

Thunder. Graupel. :confused:

Grupel is a tiny bit like hail, but white & squishy not icy and solid. Sometimes falls when the conditions are close but not quite right for snow, but rarely in much quantity, usually it swaps to true snow or rain. 

Today we got an hour-long downpour of the stuff! A solid inch by the looks of it, a wet, heavy mess that’s like walking around through unflavored Slurpee. And thunder, to boot! 

7aX6uRw.jpg

Puppy was not impressed. 

BFmDLpU.mp4

now it’s all turning to ice, by the sounds of it some neighbor is still trying to make it up the hill out yonder. 

Edited by CatastrophicFailure

2 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Ah, so that’s what those snow pellets are called, thanks! We had our share of those yesterday too, as I believe we got pummelled by the same system 

It was bizarre, never seen it accumulate like this. Very spotty too, seems to have just hit our neighborhood down here. 

3 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

It was bizarre, never seen it accumulate like this. Very spotty too, seems to have just hit our neighborhood down here. 

Same, we had a foot of wet snow at my house yesterday but across town at work there was only 2-3 inches. Wildly varying snowfall reports across the region, 1-2 inches in Victoria but over 18” in Squamish (granted those  are 140km apart as the crow flies); 4-8” in Surrey, depending what part (big city, area-wise). 

Edited by StrandedonEarth

i have come to the conclusion that id rather burn to death than live with smoke detectors. local building codes require that we have like 6 of the things, in an 800 square feet unit as well as 2 co2 detectors which date back to when we still had a centralized furnace (we are now on heat pumps and since there is no garage, they are not required by code). anyway one of them is beeping because the 9v battery got down to 8.99v (it will later find its way into my crunch pedal or a multimeter, where it will live for a couple years before dying). it sounded like it was coming from up stairs, after standing around for 5 minutes trying to figure out which one it was, it sounded like it was coming from down stairs. after 3 trips up and down the stairs i still dont know which one it was. im thinking about solving the problem with a big sledge hammer, or more ironically, a blow torch. at least that's what id do if we didn't rent. 

also they dont seem to respond well to actual smoke. if an electron gets away its beep beep beep. if im cooking spaghetti its beep beep beep. but the time my mom left the burner on and then put a pot holder on top of it and then forgot about it, it didnt go off at all. when i wired my rc aircraft wrong and let out the magic smoke, nothing. i have very little confidence in the things regardless of what the fire department says. 

Edited by Nuke

My robotics team named our robot Eugene Grabs after Mr. Krabs from SpongeBob. I've never watched that show, so I figured I should read up on the lore behind our robot's name. Well, it turns out that my entire personality is literally just a slightly toned-down Squidward. The resemblance is actually uncanny- rather glum, overly factual, always tired of funny/annoying things that others do...

Edited by LHACK4142

Spent about three hours persuing Moscow's new subway ring. Including a slight trip to and fro along the radial, I must've clocked in about 80 km.

Looks like I'm really missing long train rides in my life.

P.S. Saw at least a dozen people were doing the same thing I was, plus at least one guy vlogging in English

Ok first off, the video below is only here because its a parody of the artists original song and because I wish to use it to see who else recognizes the original song from which this 16 second uber one commercial drew inspiration from. I am NOT endorsing or promoting uber in any way, shape or form. So, who recognizes the real original song?

29 minutes ago, AlamoVampire said:

Ok first off, the video below is only here because its a parody of the artists original song and because I wish to use it to see who else recognizes the original song from which this 16 second uber one commercial drew inspiration from. I am NOT endorsing or promoting uber in any way, shape or form. So, who recognizes the real original song?

Let’s just say I… know how they do it… <_<

kerm, I’m old…

40 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Let’s just say I… know how they do it… <_<

kerm, I’m old…

Wanna feel really old? That song is nearly 30!! now im gonna go sulk cuz im old too ;.; :sob:

Edited by AlamoVampire

I'VE BEEN ASSIGNED TO PROGRAM A SWERVE DRIVE FOR OUR FRC ROBOT AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING AND I'VE GOT TO DO CALCULUS AND CS AND EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE AND IM BEHIND ON EVERYTHING AND ITS TAKING TOO LONG AND HELP HELP BUT IT'S COOL AAA WHAT DO I DO  HOLY [REDACTED] [REDACTED] AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

sorry had to get it out

2 hours ago, LHACK4142 said:

I'VE BEEN ASSIGNED TO PROGRAM A SWERVE DRIVE FOR OUR FRC ROBOT AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING AND I'VE GOT TO DO CALCULUS AND CS AND EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE AND IM BEHIND ON EVERYTHING AND ITS TAKING TOO LONG AND HELP HELP BUT IT'S COOL AAA WHAT DO I DO  HOLY [REDACTED] [REDACTED] AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

sorry had to get it out

Is CS Computer Science? Because BRO, I'M ALO ASSIGNED TO CALCULUS AND CHEMISTRY, BEHIND ON MULTIPLE ASSIGNMENTS AND ALSO PERFORMING AT HALFTIME FOR A NBA GAME, THEN A MUSICAL THE WEEK AFTER, REAAHAHAHHHAHAHAA!!!!!

I just watched a quick video that had a brief interview with Wil Wheaton where he is talking about his involvement in the movie Stand By Me. In the interview he mentioned his 40’s in reference to something he realized about his role. It made me wonder just how old he is. Well guys if you remember watching that movie in theaters or watching Star Trek The Next Generation as it was airing NEW episodes Im going to make you feel old. In July he will turn 51. Now, if you will excuse me, I feel old and wanna cry. I say this being about 9 ish years his junior….

On 3/9/2023 at 4:00 AM, AlamoVampire said:

I just watched a quick video that had a brief interview with Wil Wheaton where he is talking about his involvement in the movie Stand By Me. In the interview he mentioned his 40’s in reference to something he realized about his role. It made me wonder just how old he is. Well guys if you remember watching that movie in theaters or watching Star Trek The Next Generation as it was airing NEW episodes Im going to make you feel old. In July he will turn 51. Now, if you will excuse me, I feel old and wanna cry. I say this being about 9 ish years his junior….

tumblr_mpcq3uFAbd1r5dzczo1_250.gif&f=1&n

Today was range day, went out with one of my buddies. A couple of months ago I acquired an extra steel target gong from a guy who was getting rid of a bunch of shooting gear, so my oldest and I went out and established a 300-yard gong spot at our shooting spot. The good news is that we have a 300-yard gong now. The bad news is that somebody has to hump all three gongs out to 100, 200, and 300 yards now to set them up, and then bring them back in when we're done. And my buddy has a bad back. I'm pooped. Had a good time though.