What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

So, Im doing a flight from KATL to KJFK in the PMDG737-700 and im using the AI atc (i know i know i have vatsim and can have real humans be mt atc) but PMDG just updated their 737s 600, 700, 800 and 900 as well as the DC6 but i only fly 700/800. So anyway part of the update was a fix so that the AI properly call out the 737s when aircraft near each other.

So I hear:  DAL1459 traffic is 9 oclock, 4 miles, at fl360, generic. Report them insight. My ai fo calls out traffic in sight then i hear atc call to the traffic (an ai controlled copy of a real world flight for Allegiant Air flight AAY2466):

AAY2466 traffic is nine oclock, 3 miles, at fl375, Boeing 737. Report them in sight.

it was the nerdiest moment of happiness ive had in a while.

In the last few days I've been trying to learn how to build my own 3D models in order to "technical prepare" for the 3D printer I might buy in the future. Well, my first motor finished under the tutorial:D:

8550b3adedc7c4c036bd30f8746c216.jpg

d3dbfee12a046b5c14569005725874c.png

I had an... interesting, slightly heated discussion with my father yesterday, where I tried to convince him that adding a generator to an electric vehicle to recharge the battery would end up wasting more electrical energy than it would generate, thus discharging the battery even faster.

I failed.

While cleaning up for a Memorial Day party today, I wasn’t paying attention. I was walking on the granite in front of our downstairs screen door, and I lost my footing. Immediately, a domino effect happened. I slipped, my foot went through the screen door, causing the screen door to fall over.

3 hours ago, Delay said:

I had an... interesting, slightly heated discussion with my father yesterday, where I tried to convince him that adding a generator to an electric vehicle to recharge the battery would end up wasting more electrical energy than it would generate, thus discharging the battery even faster.

I failed.

The struggle is real. :rolleyes:

13 hours ago, Delay said:

I failed.

You know that's just a hybrid-electric vehicle. Right?

1 hour ago, TheSaint said:

You know that's just a hybrid-electric vehicle. Right?

No… he’s referring to adding a “generator” to a pure electric vehicle- no gas engine- to “generate” power as the car drives around. 

Trying this will get you a massive fine for attempting to violate the laws of thermodynamics…

Ok so im doing a roughly 4-5 hour flight and my ai atc broke just after take off. Convinces me to just use vatsim but thats not the interesting part. Im bored with nothing to do besides babysit my 747-700 as it chugs along so ive been playing with my navigraph chart app. I just learned it has up to date METAR data for airports! Btw METAR= METeorological Aerodrome Report (weather data). Things one learns when bored lol

@steve9728 is that you in the clip or just a rando clip giving an example?

Edited by AlamoVampire

16 minutes ago, AlamoVampire said:

is that you in the clip or just a rando clip giving an example

nah just a random clip on internet and I found it. I always worry about would player playing Marimba get their stick stuck in the seam hahaha

1 minute ago, steve9728 said:

nah just a random clip on internet and I found it. I always worry about would player playing Marimba get their stick stuck in the seam hahaha

Ah, ya that would suck but not as bad as having a string fail on a string instrument mid performance… been there, not fun.

Just now, AlamoVampire said:

Ah, ya that would suck but not as bad as having a string fail on a string instrument mid performance… been there, not fun.

This proves that you have been practising hard! It was the instrument that kissed you!

Lol! Was my A string on my cello that noped out on me. I forget most of what happened beyond my string popping. Was more than a quarter century ago or so now… yes i feel my age espec seeing as in 1 day it will be 22 years since i graduated…

So tomorrow I'll (hopefully) be able to fly a model plane for the first time! Now, I need to charge the batteries for it, and the USB charger, for some reason, when plugged into my laptop, makes my keyboard stop working!

16 hours ago, Kerb24 said:

So tomorrow I'll (hopefully) be able to fly a model plane for the first time! Now, I need to charge the batteries for it, and the USB charger, for some reason, when plugged into my laptop, makes my keyboard stop working!

Let go, Luke!

E6BFlightComputer_front.jpg

For anyone wondering, I did fly an RC plane today. Got around 10-12 flights after 2 hours. Surprisingly, I didn't crash once (unless you count the times the plane ended up upside down after landing).

Spoiler

Plane I flew: pXqoRBp.jpg

On 5/28/2023 at 11:37 PM, CatastrophicFailure said:

No… he’s referring to adding a “generator” to a pure electric vehicle- no gas engine- to “generate” power as the car drives around. 

EVs already have this—regen braking.

On 5/28/2023 at 12:26 PM, Delay said:

I didn't even consider that! I only argued with the conservation of energy and thermodynamics.

This line of reasoning was more than enough. The energy comes from somewhere, after all ;)