What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

This happened just now:

KSP RO: Oh, sorry. I'm going to completely mess up your Venus insertion burn due to the flight computer.

Me: You're a jerk. I'm going to load an old save.

KSP: Haha, your last save was after the maneuver!

Me: Okay, I'll load an older one.

KSP: Sorry, this one is before you hired all the astronauts, which took forever because of another glitch!

Me: Okay, I'll go back to the present and try to fix things.

KSP: Okay, got it. I'll freeze the game.

Me: I'll alt-tab out then.

KSP: You ain't going nowhere.

Me: You aren't going to freeze my computer again, are you?

My headphones: IT'S THE FINAL CO-BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ"

Me: KSP, look what you've done! Just let me onto the desktop, please!

KSP: No.

Me: Pretty please?

KSP: No.

Me: Okay, the error message has finally come up. End process.

KSP: Fine, I'll get off the screen but your computer will still run slow for the next ten minutes.

Microsoft Edge: I want to get in on the fun, too! I'll stop responding!

Me: NO! I need you to load now before YouTube autoplays too far!

Edge: Sorry. *Does not respond*

Me: Maybe it's the email program. I'll close it.

Outlook: Sorry, bro. Not happening.

KSP: Together, we will slow down Steve's computer! Muahahahaha! Oh, BTW I think I corrupted your save.

Me: Fine, I'll re-hire those astronauts when I get time.

Edge: BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Me: Okay, time to pull out my secret weapon! *Ctrl+Alt+Del*

Task Manager: Cut it out, I'm sleeping!

My Computer: You know, KSP, Edge, and Outlook, you guys are stressing me out.

Outlook: It wasn't me, I swear!

My Computer: I'm just going to go black screen right now.

Me: Wait!

Task Manager: Sorry, bro. KSP bribed me to not appear. Goodbye, Steve.

Me: Grumbles and holds down the power button for a few seconds.

===Five minutes later===

Me: Good morning!

Edge: I don't want to open, the computer just turned on!

Me: But I have to write this up on the forum!

Edge: *Grumble Grumble*

18 hours ago, qzgy said:

Why use edge though?

9 minutes ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Seriously

why edge

Because when we got that computer I didn't know a thing about downloading other browsers and Edge came with it. I got used to it, eventually. I mean, before that our computer was a brick that came with Explorer, so Edge is a step up. It's not as abysmally terrible as everyone makes it out to be, most of the time it is perfectly functional. My only two gripes are that I have to go over to Firefox in order to upload to YouTube and the fact that there is a "set aside tabs" button that I always hit accidentally.

Just now, Ultimate Steve said:

Because when we got that computer I didn't know a thing about downloading other browsers and Edge came with it. I got used to it, eventually. I mean, before that our computer was a brick that came with Explorer, so Edge is a step up. It's not as abysmally terrible as everyone makes it out to be, most of the time it is perfectly functional. My only two gripes are that I have to go over to Firefox in order to upload to YouTube and the fact that there is a "set aside tabs" button that I always hit accidentally.

oh ok

I use chrome.

23 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

EDGE, EDGE! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Today I played a little organ, and I turned in an essay, and I solved my Square-1 a few times.

Once I memorize the Square-1 solution, I'll have to see whether I can make the 0:45 cutoff for the upcoming regional competition.

Edited by cubinator

Owls are cool as hell.

My dad had a few orphans around his farm a couple of years ago. No mice, no stray cats, no more dog bombs in his driveway. They were awesome!

But scary as hell at the same time. One flew past me, I didn't hear it until it was at least 2 metres away, turned around, and there was a Snowy Owl whooshing right past my head, and landed on a fencepost at least 3 metres away. It turned around, went SKREECH! and look at me like "Yeah, you would have been dinner if you were a cat. You didn't stand a chance my bipedal friend."

Yeah, they are that stealthy.

I got my drivers licence today! After a wild goose chase for a document that felt like a "test the Thud engine between 38000 and 38500 m at velocity of 1800 to 1875 m/s near Laythe's south pole" contract...

In other news, my theme for the CRS-11 launch is coming along quite well.

Another thing I did was register for the fall regional speedcubing competition.

Edited by cubinator

4 hours ago, cubinator said:

I got my drivers licence today!

Congratulations sir!

On 25/09/2017 at 3:43 AM, GDJ said:

Owls are cool as hell.

My dad had a few orphans around his farm a couple of years ago. No mice, no stray cats, no more dog bombs in his driveway. They were awesome!

But scary as hell at the same time. One flew past me, I didn't hear it until it was at least 2 metres away, turned around, and there was a Snowy Owl whooshing right past my head, and landed on a fencepost at least 3 metres away. It turned around, went SKREECH! and look at me like "Yeah, you would have been dinner if you were a cat. You didn't stand a chance my bipedal friend."

Yeah, they are that stealthy.

Olws are also mistook for Mothmen and other cryptids, because the are awesome!

Okay, so for the past few days, it's been raining, cold, etc. Mom's driving me to school. Highway's closed from an accident. My head's buried in the latest edition of Readers Digest. Suddenly, as we pass the local college, mom shouts "DEER!" and I hear the loudest thunk! from behind. I look back, and see a tiny fawn hopping away. Turns out... We got hit... by a deer. She left a tiny scrape on the driver door, but nothing bad. Oh and on the accident, not sure; just know that the entirety of Eastbound I-20 had to go on a backroad thinner than a semi

I went to my grandfathers funeral this morning.  Difficult because only my parents and grandmother really speak to me, i am an outcast.

In other news I decided on the weekend, rather than putting business cards onto the notice board at Costa Coffee I would put some free sample cards in packs in to the leaflet tray thing.  I went there this morning and all the cards have gone and the staff said they did't take anything down.  So hopefully the cards have been put to good use.  The reason I did this was because I have found my business cards ripped up and thrown in bins in work, I am a cleaner.

And with business cards and fliers people put them in wallets, bags, drawers and forget about them.  An actual card is something that can be used.  All my cards come with a business card and my etsy url on them so maybe it can get more interest in my cards and illustration work.  Obscurity is an issue I feel.  I will make more cards to go into the tray I think, or suggest Costa use them for their charity.  It also means I cannot claim that my cards "cannot be given away".

I posted my fairy drawing to reddit illustration sub and it got more downvotes than upvotes: https://www.reddit.com/r/Illustration/comments/72g0jc/fairy_i_drew_a_few_weeks_ago/ 

Edited by Kokoro
last sentences

38 minutes ago, Kokoro said:

Snip

I'm so sorry to hear your day is going so badly. I really hope it gets a lot better.

Bad days are the worst, aren't they? Like, when you start off your day bad, then eight more bad things happen in rapid succession, and it escalates so quickly...

Hang in there, @Kokoro. This too shall pass.

BTW you're really good at drawing stuff (I can't see the fairy drawing right now because the school blocks reddit, but I've seen your stuff before).

Over the past week, i've seen two sporadic meteors, and 3 mysterious moving starlike objects. They appear, slowly get brighter, then slowly get dimmer, over ~10-20 sec timeframe. I checked online, and it wasn't a satellite. Next time, i'm gonna(try) use my binoculars.

@Kokoro: You're not an outcast on this forum. We've got a fine group of folks here who will be more than happy to share with you. And I, also, was extremely close to my maternal grandfather. He died when I was 14; I'm 47 now and his picture (with my grandmother) hangs on the family photo wall. He was a very strong influence in my life and he means more now to me as I get older. Every once in a while, I will sit on the back patio with two cups of coffee... When I was a child he told me that if I ever needed to talk, he'd be there as long as the coffee lasted. Yeah, I know it sounds silly, but after all these years, I still do it when I need him to talk to (and since he can't drink the coffee, I'm forced to drink it. It's a shame to let a good cup of coffee go to waste!).

16 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

@Kokoro: You're not an outcast on this forum. We've got a fine group of folks here who will be more than happy to share with you. And I, also, was extremely close to my maternal grandfather. He died when I was 14; I'm 47 now and his picture (with my grandmother) hangs on the family photo wall. He was a very strong influence in my life and he means more now to me as I get older. Every once in a while, I will sit on the back patio with two cups of coffee... When I was a child he told me that if I ever needed to talk, he'd be there as long as the coffee lasted. Yeah, I know it sounds silly, but after all these years, I still do it when I need him to talk to (and since he can't drink the coffee, I'm forced to drink it. It's a shame to let a good cup of coffee go to waste!).

push like , must wait tommorrow ^^ (pushed quote instead, still avoided, avoiding doing/abusing this proccess too much ^^ it happen all the time ^^)

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

This morning I woke up in the middle of a very pleasant dream - I don't remember much of it at all, but from what I do remember, I was floating through the ISS, strumming the guitar in the Cupola module, staring down at the Earth below. My alarm went off. I pressed snooze and attempted to return to this utopia. Just as I got into it again, my alarm went off again. I turned it all the way off, and said to myself "Alright, I've been nearly late to school for the past week or so, and I should get up right now... but this dream... it was soooo amazing and I'm still half asleep... my head hit the pillow again. I sat there for what felt like five minutes, still in the wonder and splendor of the dream, but it had been half an hour and I was the victim of a rude awakening by my dad. It was around 7:50, which left me very little time to get to school.

I'm not going to go into details, but today was a pretty bad day aside from that dream... It can be pretty depressing, waking up from a utopia into a nightmare.

And the strangest thing was, a few days ago, I thought to myself "Hmm, I should write a story about a guy who had an epic dream then came back into real life and realized real life was bad and he'd try to build a dream machine or something." I mean... Holy cow, Deja Vu!

I don't know how I'd build a "dream machine," though. I'd probably end up getting addicted to it, so probably best not to try (if it's even feasible).

34 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I don't remember much of it at all, but from what I do remember, I was floating through the ISS, strumming the guitar in the Cupola module, staring down at the Earth below.

I suppose you've probably seen Chris Hadfield's music video, but just in case...