What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

21 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

I went to have my normal Wednesday pie for lunch, and completely forgot that it's Lent. So, as our school is very religious, I can't eat meat for the next 39 days. Which means no pie for approximately 6 weeks. Yay?

Wow, the whole season? That does seem... more strict than I’m familiar with. Not just on Fridays?

8 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Wow, the whole season? That does seem... more strict than I’m familiar with. Not just on Fridays?

Yep :(. Fortunately my actual family isn't that religious so I can have meat for dinner and stuff, but just no meat items from the tuckshop.

It's not today, but on Saturday I was helping my dad clean out his closet, and I found an Apogee Components 1/70th scale Saturn V. My dad said I could have it and I started working on it the next day. 

That rocket has been sitting in the closet for nearly 20 years, and is worth almost $300, unbuilt, which blows my mind.

2 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

I went to have my normal Wednesday pie for lunch, and completely forgot that it's Lent. So, as our school is very religious, I can't eat meat for the next 39 days. Which means no pie for approximately 6 weeks. Yay?

Pie? As in meat pie? Sounds delicious.

Pity though you can't eat it. I would happily eat it for you (if its good.)

2 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

So you can't have Pie on March 14th... Nooooooooo!

9 hours ago, qzgy said:

Pie? As in meat pie? Sounds delicious.

Pity though you can't eat it. I would happily eat it for you (if its good.)

One of the things I really miss about South Africa: King Pie.

But, yes, very happy I'm not Catholic this time of year. Having a big old steak for Valentine's dinner tonight with my wife. :)

At work just like every other morning at seven o'clock sharp we receive a truck with fresh produce.  And this time of year at seven in the morning it's about 0 C. It's cold.
The driver climbs out of his cab. And in this case he's .. well, lets call him multiple shades darker than a healthy sun tan. Please note I am quoting him, I am NOT discriminating. I even toned it down a bit. "Oh man, it's cold." He shivers. "this is no weather for a black guy." Immediately followed by my reply: "Hey, that's pretty much what we say during a heat wave." Both of us nearly lost it laughing out loud.

Edited by Tex_NL

18 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I know... and as I'm ASD and like everything to be in order it will be really difficult. Yesterday when I got home, as soon as I had finished my homework I cooked myself half a box worth of chicken tenders and watched Star Trek on netflix as I was really hungry (I ended up only having my apple slices for lunch)

Yesterday I performed in the school talent show. Everyone expected me to just solve a Rubik's cube, but I improvised with the themes for Earth, the Moon, and Mars on piano, then switched to the SMW Athletic Rag. The audience clapped to the music, but did a very poor time keeping tempo. They sped up because they were clapping the off beats.

On 2/14/2018 at 12:26 AM, Ultimate Steve said:

On 2/14/2018 at 6:56 PM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

I know... and as I'm ASD and like everything to be in order it will be really difficult

Given the context, I'm assuming you're not from the US?

Countries that conventionally do a dd-mm-yyyy date format should celebrate Pi day on July 22nd.. 22-7-20XX... 22/7 being the fraction representation of Pi.

So you're probably fine.

Edited by Geonovast

10 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Given the context, I'm assuming you're not from the US?

Countries that conventionally do a dd-mm-yyyy date format should celebrate Pi day on July 22nd.. 22-7-20XX... 22/7 being the fraction representation of Pi.

So you're probably fine.

Haha... I get it :rolleyes:

I suddenly have the urge to make a Mars rover game, with signal delay, the snail-like speed, and everything. Realism ftw.

I would also love to do fly-by missions, taking pictures, and mapping unknown planets and moons, that would be awesome.

Just now, NSEP said:

I suddenly have the urge to make a Mars rover game, with signal delay, the snail-like speed, and everything. Realism ftw.

I would also love to do fly-by missions, taking pictures, and mapping unknown planets and moons, that would be awesome.

Good idea, but I wouldn't want to wait more than 16 minutes at worst just for something to happen.

6 hours ago, NSEP said:

JPL Simulator 2019

This would be interesting.

5 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

Turns out I got the highest chemistry mark in our entire grade of 50 students

Yay! :D

Congrats!

As for me, the robotics/coding team I am part of (ish....) went out for pizza. And we got ice cream cake afterwards, which was nice.

24 minutes ago, qzgy said:

As for me, the robotics/coding team I am part of (ish....) went out for pizza. And we got ice cream cake afterwards, which was nice.

I can relate to the "ish." I was there for the first half of it, but basically two or three people did everything and eventually I stopped coming.

2 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I can relate to the "ish." I was there for the first half of it, but basically two or three people did everything and eventually I stopped coming.

Yup, thats sorta what happened. I showed up and had no idea what I needed to do.

So I didn't actually do much....