Ultimate Steve

What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

466 posts in this topic

I won a game of monopoly

it took an hour and 41 minutes

I had hotels on all of the yellows, light blues, and red, I think I might have had them on green...

I had $2100 at one point

it was fun

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to the shooting range, rented a Glock 34 and I got to shoot 50 rounds. wasn't enough

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

I won a game of monopoly

it took an hour and 41 minutes

I had hotels on all of the yellows, light blues, and red, I think I might have had them on green...

I had $2100 at one point

it was fun

How many friends did it cost you?

Monopoly sucks big time, half an hour into the game and everybody knows who's gonna win but it still takes hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Physics Student said:

How many friends did it cost you?

Monopoly sucks big time, half an hour into the game and everybody knows who's gonna win but it still takes hours.

I was playing the Xbox 360 version, half the people were me, half were computer so it might have been biased, but I still won

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished and released another song today. I never start a song knowing what anything but the beginning melody will sound like. Everything else comes along later, and the ending to this one quite surprised me.

https://spaaace.bandcamp.com/track/2084-martian-olympics-2

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made a bad joke about colds. It goes like this: Why is it called the COMMON COLD if it's named after something so RARE? You know, because of RHINOVIRUSES. :wink: 

It's terrible, I know.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if we're talking about jokes here's one I made for band

I'm not all that great at expecting things because I can't hold my breath

I play tuba, so I need oxygen...oxygen, air

its also bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jokes?

Today the attendance question in math was "best yo-mama joke."

So I made one up on the spot.

I wish I was as stupid as yo mama. She tried to jump onto the ground. She missed. Now she's an astronaut.

Not the best either...

1 hour ago, cubinator said:

I finished and released another song today. I never start a song knowing what anything but the beginning melody will sound like. Everything else comes along later, and the ending to this one quite surprised me.

https://spaaace.bandcamp.com/track/2084-martian-olympics-2

Nice!

I've tried to do song stuff. It didn't turn out so well...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cubinator said:

I finished and released another song today. I never start a song knowing what anything but the beginning melody will sound like. Everything else comes along later, and the ending to this one quite surprised me.

https://spaaace.bandcamp.com/track/2084-martian-olympics-2

Cool. I like how your username is delta-v. Is that a thing from KSP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, qzgy said:

Cool. I like how your username is delta-v. Is that a thing from KSP?

It's a reference to that, but it's also just as important in real rocket science.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This happend yesterday, but there was a strong wind and I saw a plane that seemed to be moving a little...odd. At that point I legitimately thought I was in a lucid dream and almost screamed "Im Dreaming!" out loud. Good thing I did an RC before I embarrassed myself.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Adstriduum said:

This happend yesterday, but there was a strong wind and I saw a plane that seemed to be moving a little...odd. At that point I legitimately thought I was in a lucid dream and almost screamed "Im Dreaming!" out loud. Good thing I did an RC before I embarrassed myself.

Was it flying at an angle to the direction it was moving? Like This?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

Was it flying at an angle to the direction it was moving? Like This?

Yes. My area is not very windy plus I was indoors so I had no idea of the effects going on outside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wasn't wind, it was X-37 landing, with the engine shifted to the right.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

It wasn't wind, it was X-37 landing, with the engine shifted to the right.

 

Except I don't live anywhere NEAR Florida. And this "false dream" happened May 15. The X-37B landed on May 7. Also, it was a passenger plane with the airline logo visible on the side. What I MENT to say is that my area does not get a lot of wind, and when I went outside it was unusually windy.

Edited by Adstriduum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well...

I have a hearing aid appointment (yes, I'm deaf) in an hour...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Shadow Wolf56 said:

Well...

I have a hearing aid appointment (yes, I'm deaf) in an hour...

 

*Shouts* "Can you hear me?" :) 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just noticed that I joined these forums today, three years ago. Happy anniversary me. Do I get an award? Maybe free coffee for the day?

 

That's how interesting my day's been so far.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

I just noticed that I joined these forums today, three years ago. Happy anniversary me. Do I get an award? Maybe free coffee for the day?

 

That's how interesting my day's been so far.

free_coffee.jpg

Here you go :) 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, LordFerret said:

 

I just noticed that I joined these forums today, three years ago. Happy anniversary me. Do I get an award? Maybe free coffee for the day?

 

That's how interesting my day's been so far.

 

congratulations on a thing on the internet being the greatest thing you've achieved today!

I bought KSP a year ago on friday

that's interesting and relevant

Edited by StupidAndy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found out that you can fit a piece of cash inside a popsocket if you fold it up enough. The back plate of the popsocket comes off. I have a 20 dollar bill in there right now.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been grinding coins that I cast out of solder down into the right shape with a dremel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now