What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

1 hour ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Holy [insert expletive of choice here] Wonder Woman is epic.

Haven't seen it, but here is something kinda related...

rgInECk.png

1 minute ago, qzgy said:

Haven't seen it, but here is something kinda related...

rgInECk.png

hahahhaha yes! My girlfriend (Still getting used to saying that) said that the difference between DC and Marvel is insignificant, and we had like a 30 minute argument about it. I get way to into these kind of things XD

22 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

hahahhaha yes! My girlfriend (Still getting used to saying that) said that the difference between DC and Marvel is insignificant, and we had like a 30 minute argument about it. I get way to into these kind of things XD

I'm guessing that's another "interesting thing that happened x days ago, but still kinda recently"
What was the final conclusion of that argument?

Just now, qzgy said:

I'm guessing that's another "interesting thing that happened x days ago, but still kinda recently"
What was the final conclusion of that argument?

We never finished; Lightning closed the park :/

I just watched The LEGO Batman Movie, and it was like the Batman from How It Should Have Ended got an actual movie. It was full of references, a few more obscure ones I noticed:

-The "plates" that the city stands on are a table.

-When Robin's wheels go into hover mode, it is a reference to Mario Kart 8.

-The score when Batman decides to go back into the portal is a nod to Interstellar, when Cooper falls into Gargantua.

I just found a new artist - well; not a new one; I've known Keith Kouna's incredible Paradis for years - but since he's a Quebecois singer and I rarely listen to music outside my own native language I haven't really gotten to know him. That recently changed when Apropos - a CBC show highlighting the music of French-speaking Quebec - brought M. Kouna back into my life.

You don't need to know the language; my French is borderline functional; just enough to get by - He sings slowly enough in Paradis that I can interpret but that's about it. Keith Kouna's music is alternatively powerful, dramatic, hilarious, engaging. He's swiftly becoming my favourite musician - though he has a long way to go before he beats Jill Barber's unbelievably erotic, libido-blasting voice. :wink: 

Here is M. Kouna's Paradis:

Here's a much funnier, more energetic rap song: Pas de Panique ("Don't Panic")

And the insanely sexy Jill Barber:

Edited by NorthernDevo

On 5/17/2017 at 8:00 AM, Adstriduum said:

Except I don't live anywhere NEAR Florida. And this "false dream" happened May 15. The X-37B landed on May 7. Also, it was a passenger plane with the airline logo visible on the side. What I MENT to say is that my area does not get a lot of wind, and when I went outside it was unusually windy.

That aircraft was doing a maneuver called "crabbing", its typically used in crosswind conditions.

We watched Arrival in science class on Thursday. The concept is good, and he follow-through is exemplary for the most part, but IMO the ending leaves a lot to be desired. 

Right now, I'd say my top 5 movies are:

1. Interstellar

2. The Martian

3. The Dictator (oh god it cracks me up every time :D)

4. The X Files: Fight the Future

5. Arrival

I found my old iPod Nano from six years ago. I don't remember what songs are on it, but I am leaving it to charge overnight on my computer. If it won't hold a charge for long, I may just copy the files over to my hard drive then to my tablet. I'm sick of listening to the same five copyright free songs on my tablet over and over.

Edited by TheKosanianMethod
Nano is singular, not plural.