Jump to content

What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?


Recommended Posts

On 1/8/2019 at 5:25 AM, p1t1o said:

Turns out buying a house is totally different from buying anything else in your life.

Congratulations! (if this is your first new home)

 

On 1/8/2019 at 10:50 AM, Green Baron said:

that space where i can retreat and do what i want without bothering anyone or being bothered by ...

That's called a "Man Cave" here.  Sanctuary.  Hallowed ground.  Do not disturb.  Get out.  Go away.  I like it messy just the way it is.

Every man should have one, at least one, room in the house that's his. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LordFerret said:

... "Man Cave" ...

lol. well, i didn't have a gender specific plan of life in mind, there are ladies who live the same way, but of course, in a certain way, that is how one can see it. How about "an individualist's cave", or "my home is my castle".

Apart from the "social" aspect, the own house is also financially a declaration of independence. Apart from the bubble that popped in the US in the early 2000s, real estate values have always been stable or even climbing. Which is no guarantee for the future of course. But if you expect a higher inflation rate for the years to come, do it now. But only with a good part of own money.

Edited by Green Baron
Link to post
Share on other sites

Followed a Tesla S most of the way home last night, driven by a dipstick from California on his dang cell phone the whole time. Who drove like a dipstick from California on his cell phone the whole time. :mad:

Funny thing is, I could actually tell when he switched the Autopilot on, and the car suddenly started driving right. :unsure:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Funny thing is,

That's not funny. That's concerning.

We've reached the point at which a machine can drive better than some people. "Worrying" is euphemistic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Woah.. I just realized that my country's colonial history post 1700s is some Game of Thrones level stuff...  I mean there's treachery, violence and the protagonist, whomsoever it might be, just can't win!

You could make a franchise out of this, a whole new cinematic universe, and it would be earning billions!

Also I was asked out in the most weird but yet amazing ways possible!! :D So there's this guy who I discovered is good at blender. He knows about my space love, and made a beautiful Apollo variant in blender, rendered it and sent it's pic to me, and asked if I was free for lunch tomorrow!! :blush: I haven't replied yet...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nivee~ said:

Woah.. I just realized that my country's colonial history post 1700s is some Game of Thrones level stuff...  I mean there's treachery, violence and the protagonist, whomsoever it might be, just can't win!

You could make a franchise out of this, a whole new cinematic universe, and it would be earning billions!

Well, they made a wildly-successful rap musical out of the life of a 18th-century politician, so anything's possible I suppose. Get writing, your first billion isn't going to earn itself. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Nivee~ said:

I haven't replied yet...

Say yes before you have a chance to think about it. Don’t be like me and get so old that saying no is far more entertaining than anything that anybody else has to offer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Nivee~ said:

Also I was asked out in the most weird but yet amazing ways possible!! :D So there's this guy who I discovered is good at blender. He knows about my space love, and made a beautiful Apollo variant in blender, rendered it and sent it's pic to me, and asked if I was free for lunch tomorrow!! :blush: I haven't replied yet...

Are you kidding? He sounds like a keeper already. :D I second what @FleshJeb just said. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Are you kidding? He sounds like a keeper already. :D I second what @FleshJeb just said. 

 

5 hours ago, FleshJeb said:

Say yes before you have a chance to think about it.

I said yes :) It was a nice experience! We had lunch, then I taught him how to play KSP, we landed on Mun and Minmus in a single mission! Bill and Val died though :(, the return capsules parachutes didn't open fast enough.

All this time, my elder brother was trying to be a jerk to my guy, and my Mom sent him back to his room. And my Dad was containing his emotions, and if he were pushed even an inch further, I am pretty sure his anger would make the entire Pacific Ring Of Fire explode simultaneously!  I asked Mom if he(my guy) could stay for dinner, and then dad (almost) exploded "LET'S NOT GET AHEAD OF OURSELVES!!". He calmed down, and my guy realized he had overstayed his welcome.

<It was fun :)>

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2019 at 8:51 PM, CatastrophicFailure said:

Followed a Tesla S most of the way home last night, driven by a dipstick from California on his dang cell phone the whole time. Who drove like a dipstick from California on his cell phone the whole time. :mad:

Funny thing is, I could actually tell when he switched the Autopilot on, and the car suddenly started driving right. :unsure:

It might not have been a phone, my dad rented one in the states and said the enormous ipad in the centre dash was highly distracting. One imagines that it is very tempting to a certain type of driver to pay attention to that instead of the road.

Not much practical difference to being on the phone though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nivee~ said:

 

I said yes :) It was a nice experience! We had lunch, then I taught him how to play KSP, we landed on Mun and Minmus in a single mission! Bill and Val died though :(, the return capsules parachutes didn't open fast enough.

All this time, my elder brother was trying to be a jerk to my guy, and my Mom sent him back to his room. And my Dad was containing his emotions, and if he were pushed even an inch further, I am pretty sure his anger would make the entire Pacific Ring Of Fire explode simultaneously!  I asked Mom if he(my guy) could stay for dinner, and then dad (almost) exploded "LET'S NOT GET AHEAD OF OURSELVES!!". He calmed down, and my guy realized he had overstayed his welcome.

<It was fun :)>

Sounds like a classic sitcom episode. You should definitely wife him. :sticktongue:

 

@p1t1o oh, he was on the phone, all right. I could clearly see it through his back window when I was close.  :mad:

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Sounds like a classic sitcom episode. You should definitely wife him. :sticktongue:

:D It's just the first lunch lol... But I am so happy, I can't stop bouncing :D... hope this lasts :)...

8 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

That's it! That's the tagline! "LET'S NOT GET AHEAD OF OURSELVES!" [APPLAUSE]

Dad didn't shout out that sentence, but he does a thing when he lowers his pitch and speaks calmly but it feels like ten thousand Maths teachers are breathing down my neck for not getting a problem..  My brother sounds comical when he does that :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Remember, it's never too soon to start plotting world domination together. :D

World domination? I was thinking of a different kind of domination...but...

Quote

LET'S NOT GET AHEAD OF OURSELVES!

:D:D:D

Edited by Nivee~
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nivee~ said:

World domination? I was thinking of a different kind of domination...but...

:D:D:D

As a dual American-French citizen, do I start with the complaining about pesky Germans and dropping WW2 memes, or do I live up to my username?

Choices, man...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...