What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

5 hours ago, Geonovast said:

You can buy lasers at Wal Mart.  I use them to entertain the fuzzy little creatures that live in my house.

Ah, but that's the terribly expensive way to do it. I have a hundred times what one pointer could give me, and the power to build anything I want out of them!

Today, my time as a college student ended. I turned in my last assignment for the semester, and since I have no finals (hooray), this means that I'm done with all work for this semester. And, since this is the final semester of my bachelor's and I have no intention of going to grad school unless (and I stress that this is unlikely) a prospective employer requests it of me, being done with this semester means being done with college in general. It's a weird feeling. I hadn't realized how much of my identity was defined by being a student, before I suddenly wasn't.

34 minutes ago, IncongruousGoat said:

Today, my time as a college student ended. I turned in my last assignment for the semester, and since I have no finals (hooray), this means that I'm done with all work for this semester. And, since this is the final semester of my bachelor's and I have no intention of going to grad school unless (and I stress that this is unlikely) a prospective employer requests it of me, being done with this semester means being done with college in general. It's a weird feeling. I hadn't realized how much of my identity was defined by being a student, before I suddenly wasn't.

Now for the biggest test of all: getting a job you like in your field of study. 

16 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Now for the biggest test of all: getting a job you like in your field of study. 

Already have the job in the field of study lined up and waiting for me. Whether or not I like it remains to be seen, but I have high hopes.

18 minutes ago, IncongruousGoat said:

Already have the job in the field of study lined up and waiting for me. Whether or not I like it remains to be seen, but I have high hopes.

Nice! Mind if I ask what field?

6 minutes ago, razark said:

Wait...

You mean that was an option?!?

Well, liking it is an option. Getting a job is not if you like the finer things in life, like good food and comfortable shelter. Unless you’re rich already 

Game of Thrones, s08e03.
(Caution, maybe a spoiler)

Spoiler

GOT7224-bran.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.2x.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20150407175226

Spoiler

maxresdefault-53.jpg

Spoiler

1049892.jpg

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

Spoiler

0e8b25ba-21f6-40ff-bc19-e3416edeeac3_16x

(Also maybe a spoiler.)

Spoiler

The true Bran

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRviqSpUdlyjl5dAmL99M7maxresdefault.jpg0bbad160165cf5256aefc2d449c6b6f6.jpg

Spoiler

The true Hodor
gary-dourdan-as-christie-in-alien-resurr

Edited by kerbiloid

Despite not thinking I would ever enjoy it, I decided to give The Orville a shot.

Three episodes in, and I gotta say I'm impressed.  I think it's actually a better Star Trek series than Discovery.

On 4/27/2019 at 1:17 PM, lapis said:

I learned that hand sanitizer is the best way to remove very, very, very old dry erase marker

Lenser cleaner will work.   Markers are usually some form of alcohol based, so anything with a high alcohol content (Hand sanitizer is like 99%) should work fine. 

I have a rabbit. And I'm quite happy with that, I've had rabbits for around 6 years in total now, since I was 10.
But since then - especially in the last few weeks - I began wanting to go into a different direction, away from rabbits, away from mammals as a whole, actually. Something completely different. So..:

Assuming that I don't discover any huge disadvantages that convince me to quickly dismiss the idea, and assuming that I have the ability to fulfill this particular wish of mine, how and when should I best pitch the idea of a reptile to my parents?

We never had one before; the closest to that is a turtle (she's still alive, 11 years later!), and I am aware of the fact that it would be a sort of huge investment, not even counting the animal itself.

1 hour ago, Delay said:

how and when should I best pitch the idea of a reptile to my parents?

When you are ready to take care of one and can demonstrate this. Do your research, and learn exactly what is needed.

Also, I recommend getting a spooder too. They're fun.

2 hours ago, Delay said:

it would be a sort of huge investment

Well actually, in my experience, reptiles are quite low maintainance, requireing only weekly feeding, and cleaning of feces. But that may differ with species. I have leopard geckos, which are very good starter reptiles :). 

9 hours ago, Delay said:

how and when should I best pitch the idea of a reptile to my parents?

Tell dad that if things go wrong, he can always make a cool looking belt out of it.

Tell mom the thing eats spiders and other creepy crawlers.