What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

So, torch was ineffective. But, I realized that, despite all of the odds against it, I do have a five-foot steel rod. I have a digging bar left over from when we needed to de-root our yard back in California. So now I am going to wait until after church tonight and enlist the spousal unit to assist me in my last bolt removal attempt. If this fails, then I'm just going to have to cut the whole thing out with an angle grinder.

I failed.

It doesn't happen that often. But it does happen. This bolt doesn't want to move. Just to give you an idea of how stuck it is: Because of the multiple methods used to try to remove the bolt, the threads ended up distorted and i was unable to install the nut that holds the bolt in place. I went ahead and reinstalled everything else and test drove the car. The bolt didn't move at all, even without the nut installed. Even after I attempted to dislodge it with several snap turns and body rolls.

So my wife talked me out of the angle grinder. She wants to take it back to the mechanic and let them have a go at it. I am incredulous, since their plan was to go at it with an air hammer, which I did for a good fifteen minutes today. But, it is her car, so I will acquiesce.

I am just very bummed. I hate to admit defeat.

7 hours ago, TheSaint said:

I failed.

It doesn't happen that often. But it does happen. This bolt doesn't want to move. Just to give you an idea of how stuck it is: Because of the multiple methods used to try to remove the bolt, the threads ended up distorted and i was unable to install the nut that holds the bolt in place. I went ahead and reinstalled everything else and test drove the car. The bolt didn't move at all, even without the nut installed. Even after I attempted to dislodge it with several snap turns and body rolls.

So my wife talked me out of the angle grinder. She wants to take it back to the mechanic and let them have a go at it. I am incredulous, since their plan was to go at it with an air hammer, which I did for a good fifteen minutes today. But, it is her car, so I will acquiesce.

I am just very bummed. I hate to admit defeat.

Body rolls? lol

There's still one more option, just in case you lay awake nights hearing that bolt laughing at you...
maxresdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, LordFerret said:

Body rolls? lol

There's still one more option, just in case you lay awake nights hearing that bolt laughing at you...
maxresdefault.jpg

Also tempting. It does have almost 208,000 miles on it. As I keep telling my wife, it isn't going to last forever.

Dropped it off at the mechanic this morning. Good luck to them.

Me: "Hey, [teacher], what would happen if I put the aluminum on the back of the paper and put the electricity through it without any kind of insulation in between?"

[T]: "I don't know, what would happen?"

Okay, looks like I'm burning the school down

42 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Well I won't be doing it with my Operation Game at least lol

No, needs higher voltage.....

Try maybe a bunch of resistors in a roll of kindling and overload them. Maybe add some gasoline for a bit of a kick?

Just now, qzgy said:

No, needs higher voltage.....

Try maybe a bunch of resistors in a roll of kindling and overload them. Maybe add some gasoline for a bit of a kick?

Guys, my goal here is to not burn the place down XD

About my reptile idea: Certainly not going to happen.
Forgot to factor in my parents' usual reactions whenever I ask of something beyond their own comfort zone, mine is completely irrelevant. I haven't asked them yet of course, but I've learned to expect this answer.

I'm essentially not allowed to make my own decisions on anything beyond zeroes and ones. Absolutely fine there, but not much further.

The world is harsh. Welcome to reality.

Edited by Delay

3 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Okay, looks like I'm burning the school down

1 hour ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Guys, my goal here is to not burn the place down XD

Is it not? You contradict yourself....

15 hours ago, TheSaint said:

Also tempting. It does have almost 208,000 miles on it. As I keep telling my wife, it isn't going to last forever.

I just had another thought;  Is it a Honda?  If so, you could always donate it to Bubba's Honda Drop.

The project I'm working on required more desk space than I had on my desk, so I had to do something about it.

Before:

nbsCgul.jpg

About an hour later:

kCquqvL.jpg

Now I no longer know where all my stuff is.

Good news is, the desk is back on track to achieve its natural look, shouldn't take more than a few days.

3 hours ago, Shpaget said:

Good news is, the desk is back on track to achieve its natural look, shouldn't take more than a few days.

Entropy. Your desk is a small Universe Simulator. :)