What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

I'm *trying* to record a cover of a song I like. I'm trying to make it so it sounds good.

Problems:

• The microphone I'm using is very sensitive to background noise, but not the actual music.
  • There is a LOT of background noise here
  • I'm having synchronization issues and will have to redo the first 30 seconds when I have time
  • I couldn't get it to export correctly
  • I do not have a real glockenspiel, vibraphone, melodica, drum kit, bass guitar, etc. and have to use a synthesizer. And it doesn't have the best speakers.

Also, I thought it sounded okay, but then the first person I showed it to said it was "terrible." :rolleyes: I'm still going to continue anyway, though.

I decided to take some pressure off cratercracker's(I'm in stealth mode!) status updates by creating a thread for everyone to post stories in. There's even a leaderboard:

Ok, that's it with shameless self-promotion, what I actually did was go to the beach. I don't like the beach*.

*  "Plan on hitting the shores of the Pacific/Atlantic/Arctic this weekend? Good on you! Just know: The beach is hell on earth—a scorched, salty, fiery Hades." -An Internet publication

Edited by DeltaDizzy

5 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Ok, that's it with shameless self-promotion, what I actually did was go to the beach. I don't like the beach*.

whenever I go to the beach, I never go into the water, I just build a sandcastle that will obviously be destroyed by the waves and name it stupidopolis (free cookie to whoever can figure out where I got the name!)

for the past week, I was camping, I spent all my time fishing (SO! MUCH! FUN!) and caught about 30 fish in 4 days, I caught some bluegill, a few smallmouth bass, one perch! (c'mon Andy! you can do better!) and absolutely a TON of sunfish! I caught one that was less then a meter out of the dock, and it was about a foot long! and it was HUUUUUGE!!! I didn't get to keep it because we had a fish fry the day before (FIIIIIISH!!!!) from all my bounty. also a friend of mine almost caught a northern pike! he got it on his hook, but it went underneath the dock, and he almost lost the pole, the pike then escaped the hook, and went into a cloud of green goop, I think it was some from eggs, and we tried for the rest of the day to try and get it, it was so close! less then a meter! also there was so many fish! you could drop your worm into the lake, and about five fish would immediately come out and try an get it! on the last day, I tried to measure how far down the weight made the hook go, and the fish wouldn't even let me get a measurement! and a bass! the bass! I caught an estimated 15 inch bass, legally keep able, but it had a hole in its mouth, and the second I got it on the dock, it flopped so that the hook fell out of his mouth and he fell down on the dock, and flopped out into the lake!

ahh, I love fishing :D

Sub 10! 9.906! Wooo!

I never dreamed I would get to this point back in 2007 when I started cubing. Heck, I don't think the world record was sub 10 in 2007.

That time would put me in 2451st place if I had gotten it during a WCA competition.

Edited by cubinator

Mainly nothing, but I almost mowed over a rabbit the other day. This is the main issue with mammal-infested yards: they're everywhere. At least this guy jumped clear out of the way...and gave me a heart attack.

We went to get ice cream with out class mates, but since i do not like primarily milky foods (expect for cheese) (im not Vegan, i just dont like em) i only got myself the cone, so i could eat just that, tastes nice not gonna lie.

And after all the years of my life, i FINALLY found out what tap water smells like. Since i live near a good water source, tap water is very clean here. I have been to Swindon (UK) some times before, and that water is full of chlorine, pretty much swimming pool water. 

I flew home from Brazil overnight. All is well. Things to recover from:

I did not sleep at all

Yesterday it was winter, today it's summer

The moon is right side up again

The sun goes right and the moon orbits left

It's two hours earlier than it should be

It was extremely dry in the airplanes

The piano has been tuned

Trash day is tomorrow instead of today

Edited by cubinator

This is more an awkwardly funny story:

I was browsing through Youtube through the recommended section, usually Youtube does a pretty good job at recommending videos however today I was surprised to see recommendations for episodes of shows aimed at toddlers, Clickbait top ten lists in the style of Watchmojo and obscure Grand Theft Auto V and Minecraft Gameplay videos in Languages I do not even speak nor comprehend.     

Started work on a boat with my father. Built 3 ribs so far, out of 8. Hoping to make a giethoorn punter, for any dutchies who know the design out there (may have gotten the name wrong, sorry if I did.)

Something like this (not mine)

Zeilen_in_een_met_riet_beladen_punter_-_

On 1/4/2017 at 11:12 PM, max_creative said:

Yep... 

Tm8m44H.jpg

Don't ask why I was searching these things... Just, don't ask... :P (feel free to ask) 

I won't ask besides I do the same thing I look up random chemical compounds on Wikipedia on my iPad in the middle of the night  mostly find out their use and if they are flammable, explosive or toxic. Because I honestly love science. 

Edited by Jeb1969

3 minutes ago, Jeb1969 said:

I won't ask besides I do the same thing I look up random chemical compounds on Wikipedia on my iPad in the middle of the night  mostly find out their use and if they are flammable, explosive or toxic. Because I honestly love science. 

Man, you should see my browser history from last night. I was trying to design a lunar impact probe and my history is full of various monopropellants and hypergolics, most of which would explode if you looked at them the wrong way. The design is still on, eventually I settled on Hydrogen Peroxide as a monopropellant. Not too nasty, but it only has a specific impulse of 161 - fairly abysmal.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:44 PM, Ultimate Steve said:

have a sudden urge to make a cover of "Raining Tacos" in which I actually toss tacos off of my roof.

Update: I did not do the cool music video idea due to the lack of available tacos. I did, however, finish my cover of the song!

Oh, yeah, and IMO I don't sing well so I didn't sing the lyrics. Enjoy!

Also, there's my face... I should really get my channel verified. These auto-generated thumbnails...

22 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Update: I did not do the cool music video idea due to the lack of available tacos. I did, however, finish my cover of the song!

Oh, yeah, and IMO I don't sing well so I didn't sing the lyrics. Enjoy!

Also, there's my face... I should really get my channel verified. These auto-generated thumbnails...

Neat. I would have to suggest that stuffing a bunch of taco shells with lettuce is probably close enough to a taco. Also - what laptop is that?

Edited by qzgy