What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

1 minute ago, Jeb1969 said:

( Usually I loathe ads because I just want to go straight to the video),

UBlock Origin gets rid of YouTube ads.

I legitimately didn't even realize YouTube had ads before their videos until recently.

So school started up a couple weeks ago, and my class schedule follows:

- Band (1st). Alright, ready to get back into the music. Smaller band than last year, probably gonna go bad. [Every Day]

- Physics (College) (2nd)*. Woo, Physics /s. Hope it's not as boring as last year.. [Mon/Wed/Fri]

- Study Hall (3rd). Hey, that's handy. [Mon/Wed/Fri. Has been changed out to some college class but I get it next semester so yay]

- Spanish (College) (4th). No habla? [Mon/Wed/Fri]

- Pre-Cal (College) (5th). Hey, advanced Geometry! Easiest. Class. Ever. [Tue/Thu/Fri]

- Drones (6th). Got my FAA license last year, this is gonna be a piece of cake! Time to have 1 1/2 hours of chill period. [Tue/Thu/Fri]

- English (College) (7th). Really love having the teacher in class, English isn't that bad, pretty cool. [Tue/Thu/Fri]

- AVID (8th). Aw yeah, I get to have the best teacher I the school! Oh, and AVID organization stuff too I guess.. [Every Day]

- Athletics (9th). Plan: Run Cross Country, be a manager for Basketball, lift as little weights as possible, run Track, hopefully go to State. [Every Day + ~6:00 AM every morning]

*- So I put an asterisk by Physics because there's some news. Turns out, the class isn't Physics. It's ASTRONOMY! We've got a college class to learn about the universe, and, according to our teacher, we're going to get to do some labs at night! We're going to see Jupiter and Saturn, as well as the Moon. If we get the chance, we're even going to see the sun! (With a filter on the telescope obviously.) This semester is looking pretty good

UPDATE: Turns out that later this year, we're also going to go to a nearby missile silo to see an Atlas Rocket! Physics is probably going to rival Drones for favorite class this year for sure.

So yesterday I think I saw 16 Psyche, according to Space Engine. Today I downloaded some planetary data in Stellarium, and now Stellarium disagrees slightly with SE on where Psyche is. Tonight I'm going to find the spot I think I saw Psyche in yesterday, the spot SE thinks it's in, and the spot Stellarium thinks it's in, and I'll see what I can see. If there's nothing where I saw an object yesterday, I know it was the asteroid, and I should be able to find it again in a different spot.

18 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Maybe dropped something, Was looking for, then decided to buy a new one.

Yeah, and it was their favorite hat too...

As for myself, we got to spend a pile of money outfitting our boys for ice hockey. At least it was the  annual "Hockeypalooza" sale at Source for Sports. But still, over $1G later... Hopefully the JumpStart program (thank you, Canadian Tire!) will cover some of that. 

24 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

One GIGADOLLAR?

LOL :lol:! I'm old-school, so I was thinking G's, as in grand, which was the old shorthand for a thousand...

I would think one gigadollar would be written 1 G$?

One gigadollar would be...

drevil.jpg

Edited by StrandedonEarth
added image...

I nearly became very mortified, and caused a lot of inconvenience for people today, does that count?

So, I've been sick for a few days (today, I'm mostly just kinda lightheaded and tired), and I went out to do some errands with my mom to get out of the house. We go to the hardware stare, and she tells me to grab the large carts (the big metal ones that you use for heavy, bulky stuff), and I see one right out the door, which is great! What's not great, is that I wasn't paying attention to the fact that the door had an emergency alarm on it. :blush: I just had my eyes for that cart. Luckily, I was too tired to really open it quickly, and my mom realized what I was about to do, and stopped me before I could push it open. So I went around instead.

Good day otherwise though