What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

3 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

It is sad to know that SETI@Home ends on March 31st. I haven't had a data packet downloaded since February 14th. It sent in the data around the 8th of March, not to be replaced. ;.;

Bigger question these days seems to be, is there any intelligent life at home?:P

16 minutes ago, Cetemarcz said:

I tried repairing a car for 3 weeks and still can't fixed it but I found out today  that the problem was very simple and I was able to fix it within 4 hours. 

Ah yes, I too know this misery. Good on ya for figuring it out. :D

7 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Bigger question these days seems to be, is there any intelligent life at home?

I think Albert Einstein already answered that question:

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former."

And from what we've seen globally for the last ten to twelve days, I'm pretty sure his "hypothesis" has been proven correct.

2 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

I think Albert Einstein already answered that question:

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former."

And from what we've seen globally for the last ten to twelve days, I'm pretty sure his "hypothesis" has been proven correct.

Seriously. Case in point: I was the IT support at our satellite campus. The only IT person on site. I used to be a senior network admin, but they moved me out there a year ago, so the classroom guys spent months teaching me how all of the classroom IT equipment works so I could support it. So when the college president made the decree that the college needed to move as many people to work from home as possible to increase social distancing, what do the IT department managers decide to do? They move me to working at home, and move another guy from the main campus out to our satellite campus to work on campus. Even though he has no experience supporting the people who will be actually on site there when the nursing classes start up again in a week. Even though I have no space in my home that I can work from home in. Doesn't matter. This was the plan decreed from on high. So right now I am sitting in a corner of our guest room with all of my gear from work. And in a week I guess I will be walking our junior network engineer through a ton of classroom support issues over my cell phone. Random acts of management....

Being a diesel engine-like, I woke up at 4 this morning so I could attend Starlink 5. Smooth ride to Titusville, only to learn the National Seashore was close until further notice as a precaution (COVID-19).

All the other spots I knew around were closed too, so I decided to go back to Port Canaveral, and to seat on the river's bank. More than the launch, I was happy to find a person I had already met at this same spot during the launch of Solar Orbiter last month.

Also, the river was smoother than I ever seen it before.

DSC03384

(Taken 21 km / 13 mi away South)

On 3/17/2020 at 8:39 AM, kerbiloid said:

Yes, you can stop hiding. The Earthlings didn't find your ship.

*shrug*

16 minutes ago, XB-70A said:

Being a diesel engine-like, I woke up at 4 this morning so I could attend Starlink 5. Smooth ride to Titusville, only to learn the National Seashore was close until further notice as a precaution (COVID-19).

All the other spots I knew around were closed too, so I decided to go back to Port Canaveral, and to seat on the river's bank. More than the launch, I was happy to find a person I had already met at this same spot during the launch of Solar Orbiter last month.

Also, the river was smoother than I ever seen it before.

DSC03384

(Taken 21 km / 13 mi away South)

OHHHHHHHHH LUCKY

Socialized, within the law in a group of 8 (not counting the dog each family brought).

Drove up to our friends' cabin north of Santa Fe in the Pecos wilderness. Went on a hike (only moderately infused with mixed rain/snow), then came home to the cabin and had enchiladas. Back to town now.

I found a video about nuclear-powered planes, trains and cars...

I heard about nuclear engine for spaceship(NERVA) and for planes or missiles(from Project Pluto,SLAM or from Atomic Age/KSPIE mod) but nuclear powered cars is the weirdest and craziest thing I ever know :0.0:

7 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

The previous photo from your workshop also looks very prepper'ly nowadays.

Yeah, except this is all going into the truck tomorrow.

Engine oil change - 5 qts

Transmission fluid change/flush - 10 qts

Front & rear differential and transfer case oil change - 6 qts

Coolant change/flush - 3 gals

2 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Yeah, that looks heavy and draggy

It also cuts into engine power. I've seen a lot of concepts of what's now known as Berkut with some sort of stealthy flat nozzle.

Plane_Su27KMfold.gif

There are many reasons why no attempt was made with Su-57.

On 4/4/2020 at 10:28 PM, kerbiloid said:

NAS is great, but maybe it's easier to take a remote control over a battleship than bring all of this this to home?

Hide contents

maxresdefault.jpg

Well, now that you bring it up, I think I like your file security system better....