What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

Daughter and I built the Lego shuttle this past weekend, which allowed for this to happen..

4eRXGLY.jpg

The top one is an official Lego set I picked up at Walmart awhile back.  Middle one is a Lego knockoff brand that the Smithsonian sells.

17 hours ago, tater said:

2 ARs, both had red dots, but one had a scope so we played with that, too. :D

Local brewpub otw home. Good day for all, and my buddy needs some good days.

I spent a portion of our stimulus check to put low-power variable optics (read as: 1x - 6x scopes with bullet drop reticles) on all of our ARs. Great addition, rings the gong at 200 yards with boring consistency. We were going to find a new spot where we could stretch out to 400-600 yards, but then they put up the fire restrictions a couple of weeks ago. So now we'll have to wait until the monsoons start.

7 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Daughter and I built the Lego shuttle this past weekend, which allowed for this to happen..

4eRXGLY.jpg

The top one is an official Lego set I picked up at Walmart awhile back.  Middle one is a Lego knockoff brand that the Smithsonian sells.

Recursive space shuttles....

Over the past few months I’ve slowly gathered what I need to take our travel trailer off-grid. Since we always glamped, we didn’t worry about the mismatched batteries that were in it when we bought it, but I knew they lost most of their charge fairly quickly when sitting in our unpowered storage slot. So the first order of business was to buy a solar panel to keep batteries topped up, period. 

I lucked out and was able to find a dmg/return item on Amazon, a 100W panel with 20A MPPT charge controller for less than half price of the new item. While I wasn’t really looking to buy at the time, I had to scoop that. It arrived with mint condition inner packaging, slight damage to the outer box.  One piece of the puzzle down. 

Then I found some 6v GC2 batteries on sale at Crappy Canadian Tire, while at the same time having a just-received insurance rebate cheque in hand, for an amount that would just cover the batteries. Ka-Ching!

Finally, once our cash flow improved, I was able to order all the other little odds and ends to put it all together, and those Nautilus batteries are now sucking back half an amp on this rainy day after feasting on four amps the other sunny  evening when I first hooked up the PV in a sub-optimal position. Soon it’ll be fully charged for the first time. I know I won’t get a full charge in one day with only 100W, but it’s a start and I can add another 100W to that controller. 

In other news, our credit card is melting after buying the flooring and other stuff for our about-to-be-renovated kitchen. Immediately paid off, of course. 

It looks weird...

Don't you plan to create a dedicated article in the SCP wiki?

SCP-9999
A spawner of "deer" .

SCP-9999-1 looks like an adult deer female.
SCP-9999-2 look like a deer calf.

Every night they appear like a small deer pack, and SCP-9999-1 generates one more SCP-9999-2.

On 5/30/2021 at 12:00 AM, CatastrophicFailure said:

This is so cute I think I just grew ovaries. :lol:

Our deer here look a little more moth-eaten, lol.

We have a group of ~9 that go through the yard often, and a loner. I feel sorry for her, and she was in the yard last Halloween when I was putting the jack-o-lanterns out, so I gave her chunks of pumpkin to eat.

We had a zoom meeting with clients and someone decided to replace the conference room computer with one that has no microphone so we had to quickly switch to my station to present. I unplugged my headphones so we could all hear and this played for about 12 seconds before I could get Spotify to quit.

Edited by Pthigrivi

2 hours ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

This is the last day of school this school year! I just finished my last period class a few minutes ago!!!!

I wish I were you! I still need to wait till...the 29th (ugh)

Anyhow I know this is actually yesterday but, I got a covid vaccine finally! only the first dose so I still have one more to go, sadly for me the vaccine is making me a little sick (normal), but Il feel better in a few days:happy: