What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

Sky full of balloons. Down side is that when I leave the house, the road up here will have a traffic jam of people going to the tram.

Erm, ground-clutter full of balloons, for the moment, they are aloft, but still probably 1000 ft below my house.

Took the puppy on his longest adventure yet today.

First he went to the pet store where he was instantly fawned over by mobs of random strangers. Which he loves. I mean, c’mon, just look at that face…

lFoCnTf.jpg

[file photo… silly amount of new ones following…]

Spoiler

Then we headed off along the North Cascades highway. He met another puppy in a parking lot who was, to everyone’s surprise, three times his size and ten times his excitement level. He was somewhat less ok with this… he’s not used to being on the receiving end of limitless energy and unbounded enthusiasm. 

Along the way, found the local high school. Which apparently is also the entry to the local airport..? 

zpQ6Z7o.jpg
:wacko: odd land agreement there…

Then it was miles and miles of forest-canopied roads like this:

RqIagxN.jpg

most were actually better than this… took a while to remember I had a camera. 

Also picturesque river scenes:

Xb0YayU.jpg

Here’s a view of a tree you don’t often see:

fodnOa7.jpg

the bottom… as in, under the roots…

Lots of wooly bear caterpillars around… looks like it’s gonna be a bear of a winter…

xmMBvum.jpg

Also lots of dead salmon…  but you don’t need to see that.  Circle of life and whatnot. Instead here’s a pretty forest trail.

g9891Uv.jpg

You cannot convince me a fairy or something does not live here:

EQPyj25.jpg

We treaded carefully.

Puppy discovered water that he can’t possibly splash the entirety onto the floor, he was most confused.

GvncBkx.jpg

And then there was driving… and driving… and more driving…

which he took entirely in stride.

Gaa7Ym3.jpg
or… in sleep….

My excitement for the day amounted to an amicable encounter with a young grass snake.

6 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

And then there was driving… and driving… and more driving…

which he took entirely in stride.

Gaa7Ym3.jpg
or… in sleep….

Me_IRL

I've unlearnt driving and have become an utterly worthless navigator.

5 hours ago, DDE said:

Someone had a better Moscow weekend than me

Imagine having tramways.

This was a post by the Vancouver and surrounding areas gang.

that’s a great picture though congrats to whoever took that.

Edited by Stormpilot

Last night i got bored and ran the serial number of my new dryer. I found out it was built last month at the SAME production plant as my old dryer. 32 years between them and the same plant produced them. Would not be so interesting if whirlpool didnt have 9 production plants. 

I finally bought a bump cap for work, because I was tired of occasionally and painfully bumping my head. I never wore a hat at work before, so some people were doing a double-take. One person pointed out that I still had the plastic tag-holder strand thingamabob poking up from my cap, and that it looked kind of like an antenna. I replied that I had to keep in touch with the mothership, lol.

Even funnier in the context of my username here; not that he knew that.

52 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

I finally bought a bump cap for work, because I was tired of occasionally and painfully bumping my head. I never wore a hat at work before, so some people were doing a double-take. One person pointed out that I still had the plastic tag-holder strand thingamabob poking up from my cap, and that it looked kind of like an antenna. I replied that I had to keep in touch with the mothership, lol.

Even funnier in the context of my username here; not that he knew that.

You should cover it in tinfoil. 

Y'know, complete the look... <_<

Last Monday I moved some 150 km. Because I'm now going to university.

There were many unis closer to where I used to live (and frankly, I consider that to be 'home', still), but I wanted to go further away so I couldn't be lazy and simply commute every day. And now that the first week is almost over, I'm kind of getting the hang of things.
I genuinely thought the first week would be a catastrophe.

Ok I've owned it 4 years , usually take it to the local car wash guys an gals to clean it , however decided to tackle that task myself .

I have been now medically retired due to lung issues ( I am 62 years old ) andI have needed a new project to keep me ( whilst waiting for KSP2 )  occupied .
However I have to be careful with my exertion , so over the course of 1 week and totalling only 8 hours of work I have been polishing and washing the hell out of my modest Mk5 Golf TDi .
Quite pleased with the results .

L567Cp6.jpg

Next years Plans , Powder coat the GTi wheels as they are painted , engine tune for better fuel economy , oh and nothing else .

9 hours ago, Puggonaut said:

Ok I've owned it 4 years , usually take it to the local car wash guys an gals to clean it , however decided to tackle that task myself .

EtYzTjh.gif

2 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Guess what's for dinner tonight? And tomorrow night.... And the next night...

Hey y’all, dinner @StrandedonEarth’s house, @Puggonaut’s driving! :D

Wow… :wacko:

So… got an email from the Through the Looking Glass forum about a reply to an old post of mine… very old… If anyone’s ever played the Thief series of sneak games (kind of created the genre), originally from Looking Glass Studios, back in the day I cobbled a few fan missions together.* Apparently people are still playing and enjoying them… one week shy of twenty years since the first release. :o

Mind blown right now. 

Also I feel really, really old right now. :P My illegitimate digital child is almost of drinking age. :confused:

*and by “cobbled” I mean slaved over for hours and hours a day in virtually every minute of my spare time

My science teacher has been saying, since the first school weeks of the year, that in the 4th term I would be teaching :D. The 4th term is about the solar system and space which she says I know much more about than her. (She is not a space nerd, and I’m the only person in my school that plays ksp, or at least in my class.)

Today she gave me the first of two classes to teach the other kids about anything I wanted. I explained basic orbital mechanics to a bunch of slightly confused faces. I explained suborbital, orbital, and transfer orbits, as well as delta V, reentry, zero g, and a brief foray into vacuum exposure. They seemed to understand.

She also invited the principal to come watch tomorrow as I teach them about the planets and exoplanets. I’ve gotten the slightly boring orbital mechanics done (I did that because a load of people don’t understand that) I can now do the fun part.

tomorrow in science class: Vaporizing planets, Atmospheres of acid, and Blue sunsets! :D

When I was in AP History in my senior year, my teacher asked me to teach World War II. She was a bit of a hippie, more into the social aspects of history, she readily acknowledged that I knew more about military history than she did. And she knew that World War II was critically important in world history (and would probably be critically important on the AP exam). So she gave me two days to teach the class about the military history of World War II, from the Blitzkrieg in Poland through the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It was fun, but I felt kind of rushed.

On 9/19/2021 at 12:21 AM, DDE said:

https://archive.md/ueexa

Hopefully their social media team is kept away from water pistols and other weapons, because they really can't tell friend from foe.

Edit: 1:1

Hide contents

And another. Glad to see intense Kirovposting and Flanjerposting are beginning to impact routine US military operations.

Spoiler

FBpVtDtVEAMUykL?format=jpg&name=large

FBpVsKpUcAIvzoD?format=jpg&name=medium

Remember when we thought those guys were cool?