What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

2 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Let's make a summary.

1. A horror book had scared you.
2. You keep it somewhere deep in the shed and didn't want to open it anymore.
3. Unexpectedly there appeared its sequel.
4. You feel an unconscious call to find the elder book where it lives now, open it, and combine both parts...

Did I miss something?

Don't forget to properly self-equip before reading.

All Things Serve the Beam. -_-

You know what show I've never seen?

The Beverly Hillbillies

Having just watched the pilot, I Know what we'll be binging for awhile. It does not seem as dated as other old shows.

Incidentally, my nephew loved the show when he was young, and named his firstborn Jed...

And Elly Mae, oh my...

I wanted to put this in the "share your artworks" thread, but it hasn't had any posts in a while (it has the anti necro-posting orange banner) and souptime's art gallery consists entirely of memes, and I didn't want to clog up the lounge with another art thread. 

So, here you go:

xaOAo6E.jpg

A triple engine hydrolox fueled lander (with my best attempt at drawing foil tanks in it) lifting off from Chung, a partially subterranean base at the Lunar south pole. There are small viewing spots sticking out of the crater walls, a pair of cylinders marked Nasa-1 (because Nasa-L was too obvious), and ESA-07. A Jaxa rover and all sorts of other stuff.

14 minutes ago, Hyperspace Industries said:

I wanted to put this in the "share your artworks" thread, but it hasn't had any posts in a while (it has the anti necro-posting orange banner) and souptime's art gallery consists entirely of memes, and I didn't want to clog up the lounge with another art thread. 

So, here you go:

xaOAo6E.jpg

A triple engine hydrolox fueled lander (with my best attempt at drawing foil tanks in it) lifting off from Chung, a partially subterranean base at the Lunar south pole. There are small viewing spots sticking out of the crater walls, a pair of cylinders marked Nasa-1 (because Nasa-L was too obvious), and ESA-07. A Jaxa rover and all sorts of other stuff.

Beautiful!

(I, uh, ran outta likes...)

14 minutes ago, Hyperspace Industries said:

it has the anti necro-posting orange banner

Spoiler

Well, that's never stopped me :D

I got the cavities filled, had to take a calming pill, but survived! :D Now my mouth is huge and swollen. I've set my alarm for tomorrow as Chuck Berry's school day. Vacation is almost out the airlock.

I drew something too:

iJy1Vx0.jpg

Tried out a darker sky on this one. It's a binary asteroid pair, both have Psyche-like ravines, there are mining installations on each. The large ship at the top is solar thermal powered (this is between earth and Mars orbits) cargo ferry, it's solar thermal because nuclear thermal propulsion needs a load of paperwork if you want to go near earth, the smaller one is a nuclear ion powered ship from the belt (most asteroids have gravity that make Gilly look like Ovin, and nuclear power is allowed, because they need to be radiation shielded anyways.) The sun is in the bottom left.

So the less slovenly part of my off time has began with the Central Museum of the Armed Forces.

In no particular order:

Spoiler

Posters with risque  slogans

IPMx6LG.jpg

Mauser turret!

vIb1CXL.jpg

Gagarin's dashboard

7nSo0eT.jpg

Steve Rogers forgot his coat in the lend-lease section

87Rbgl5.jpg

A style of interior decorating that General Grievous would approve of

lp1h5SA.jpg

MLsElux.jpg

Starting with a notification about being exposed to Covid

Spoiler

Then school overreacting about a bomb inside, that turned out to be nonexistent. Never before have I seen anyone run so fast.

Yes, I understand a bomb is still serious, but the bomb is either remote trigger or on a timer. It'll take time for it to go off, use that time to reach a safe distance, not scream heads off, excuse me while I enter my panic room.

1 hour ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

Then school overreacting about a bomb inside, that turned out to be nonexistent. Never before have I seen anyone run so fast.

Yes, I understand a bomb is still serious, but the bomb is either remote trigger or on a timer. It'll take time for it to go off, use that time to reach a safe distance, not scream heads off, excuse me while I enter my panic room.

Ah, so you've joined Saratov, Krasnoyarsk, Samara, Arkhangelsk and Nizhny Novgorod, where a big chunk of schools (300+) have had to go through such an "exercise" in the last two days?

Just now, DDE said:

Ah, so you've joined Saratov, Krasnoyarsk, Samara, Arkhangelsk and Nizhny Novgorod, where a big chunk of schools (300+) have had to go through such an "exercise" in the last two days?

Woah!

Something's not right here.

4 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

Woah!

Something's not right here.

A significant downgrade from September 2017, which saw anywhere between 406 thousand and 2 million people evacuated from schools, courts and shopping centers, or February 2020, where authorities were apparently able to investigate a threat against 20 thousand schools country-wide in some video on Likee overnight.

Edited by DDE

5 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

@DDE what’s up with “Steve Rogers’s” coat there? I’m guessing that shoulder patch says “America” in Cyrillic?

And it's Captain's bars.

Supposed to be the garb of a US attaché in Moscow.