What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

I taught my mom how rebooting can fix everything!

I also had a little bit of an idea while bored in class, and i did a bit of math to figure out if NASA/ULA/Anyone can make their own version of the BFS, not just SpaceX. Turns out pretty much anyone can if they try hard enough.

7 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

I played Fortnite for the first time yesterday. 

...I can see why it’s so popular.

I also played it for the first time recently. I was surprised to see how it was still Early Access.

But if i ever get a victory, i will post a screenshot on this thread.

We need to solve this.

JMMXmOy.jpg

Spoiler

They pretended it was Vsauce, to shock everyone, but he then revealed it was not actually him, and left a secret message.  

19 minutes ago, cubinator said:

Saw Ready Player One today and really enjoyed it. I missed the conjunction of Venus and Uranus, but I suppose I'll get to see even crazier stuff when I go to Mars, like being on Mars.

Sigh. Bring along some of my ashes, would ya?

Edited by CatastrophicFailure

I didn't want to post here before, with my previous misadventures being the last thing posted, but I think I completely broke Portal two days ago...

I managed to get two pieces of music to play simultaneously (while skipping "4000 Degrees Kelvin"), skipped chamber 9 by placing a portal halfway through the door (Got the entire "We're sorry that this chamber is unsolvable" thing while in the elevator to chamber 10), entered one of the windows in chamber 15. And I think I messed up the game so badly that it even offset some entities...

Wasn't there a way to softlock in chamber 9 by letting the elevator go without you? I can't remember how to do that, though.

7 hours ago, Delay said:

I didn't want to post here before, with my previous misadventures being the last thing posted, but I think I completely broke Portal two days ago...

I managed to get two pieces of music to play simultaneously (while skipping "4000 Degrees Kelvin"), skipped chamber 9 by placing a portal halfway through the door (Got the entire "We're sorry that this chamber is unsolvable" thing while in the elevator to chamber 10), entered one of the windows in chamber 15. And I think I messed up the game so badly that it even offset some entities...

Wasn't there a way to softlock in chamber 9 by letting the elevator go without you? I can't remember how to do that, though.

That's not broken, that's a speedrun. 

We visit Amsterdam very often when we are going on school excursions. Today we went to a Zoo called "Artis" pretty much everyone in North Holland has been there. Its a simple zoo, but not the best, i there is a Zoo called "Wildlands" in the eastern part of the country, wich has a rollercoaster ride apparently.

We had to do a few exercises on Evolution for Biology class while going to the zoo.

Oh and if you don't like the zoo, the World War 2 resistance museum is right across the street from the entrance/exit, its the big yellow building. We went there last year, it is has a Germen Stahlhelm repurposed as a cooking pot, come check that out.

11 minutes ago, NSEP said:

We visit Amsterdam very often when we are going on school excursions. Today we went to a Zoo called "Artis" pretty much everyone in North Holland has been there. Its a simple zoo, but not the best, i there is a Zoo called "Wildlands" in the eastern part of the country, wich has a rollercoaster ride apparently.

We had to do a few exercises on Evolution for Biology class while going to the zoo.

Oh and if you don't like the zoo, the World War 2 resistance museum is right across the street from the entrance/exit, its the big yellow building. We went there last year, it is has a Germen Stahlhelm repurposed as a cooking pot, come check that out.

Went to Amsterdam at newyears. Didnt get to go round the zoo there but we visited the attached museum on microbiology, which is not only quite unique, but really well done as well. Worth a visit, especially if your'e interested in evolution and biology. Lots of hands-on microscopes, live exhibits and such. (also the cafe is like suPer nice :D )

Edited by p1t1o

6 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

Went to Amsterdam at newyears. Didnt get to go round the zoo there but we visited the attached museum on microbiology, which is not only quite unique, but really well done as well. Worth a visit, especially if your'e interested in evolution and biology. Lots of hands-on microscopes, live exhibits and such. (also the cafe is like suPer nice :D )

I really want to go there, one of my classmates was disappointed that we couldn't go there, and so was i.

So during the final class for the day, my teacher said "Anyone leaving the room will be locked out." She then left the room for something. Then, my classmates decided to lock the door because she hadn't mentioned who are allowed to leave anytime. It happened twice, actually.

17 hours ago, NSEP said:

I really want to go there, one of my classmates was disappointed that we couldn't go there, and so was i.

Maybe you could try going yourself ? I heard NL isn't a very big place... (unless you come from Limburg...)

If I could go there, I'd like to see what you guys have kept from "previous times". Seems we're missing quite a lot of our own records.

What interesting things happened today ? Not much.

39 minutes ago, YNM said:

Maybe you could try going yourself ? I heard NL isn't a very big place... (unless you come from Limburg...)

If I could go there, I'd like to see what you guys have kept from "previous times". Seems we're missing quite a lot of our own records.

What interesting things happened today ? Not much.

Thats what im planning to do. I can cycle to Amsterdam within 3 hours, not sure if its still worth over a train trip, but i can essentially do it for free, minus the cost of going to the actual museum, of course.

4 minutes ago, NSEP said:

I can cycle to Amsterdam within 3 hours, not sure if its still worth over a train trip, but i can essentially do it for free, minus the cost of going to the actual museum, of course.

Perhaps with railcard or something.

Waiting for the interesting reports :wink:

9 hours ago, NSEP said:

Thats what im planning to do. I can cycle to Amsterdam within 3 hours, not sure if its still worth over a train trip, but i can essentially do it for free, minus the cost of going to the actual museum, of course.

I sorta wish I lived in the Netherlands. You can go a lot of places by bike there. Not so much in the US...