Missing addon threads.

sal_vager

I did not, and MechJeb thread holds a large part of my reputation.

And even if reputation was lost, who give a damn ? It s a number and it does not change anything on the forum.

So this whole thing was not an intended action like "We remove the most actual 20 threads each month to bring more attention to the next set of "not that common" mods"? Oh. Bummer. Liked that idea. :D:wink::wink: 

Edited by Jebs_SY

23 hours ago, sarbian said:

I did not, and MechJeb thread holds a large part of my reputation.

And even if reputation was lost, who give a damn ? It s a number and it does not change anything on the forum.

So I guess I didn't lose rep over this

23 hours ago, sarbian said:

And even if reputation was lost, who give a damn ?

Some people would, everyone has something they value that they do not want to lose. Some people would say nothing of value was lost if mechjeb was lost but I personally would see that as a great loss to the game. Horses for courses as they say. It`s also easy to stop seeing value in something you have a lot of :wink:

Everyone has different things they value, some value rep. They are not wrong for valuing it and you are not wrong to find no value in it.

It seems I need to reconsider my life choice since my rep is not over 9000...

There is only one thing that I could not stand loosing on this forum. Sadly the rep count on this post did not transfer when the forum was changed.

Edited by sarbian

19 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Rep counts for individual posts carried over, though the associated rep comments were lost. Perhaps you misremember how many people repped it?

I am quite sure it had way more than 6 like :)

It seems a moot point anyway as rep was not lost. I was only saying some people value it, some don`t. Neither is wrong.

Some would say having a rep higher than your post count is valuable, others the absolute number of rep, others do not value it at all.

It`s all personal taste.

EDIT : It would still be nice to have some idea of whether a repair of missing threads might be on the cards or has definitely been ruled out.

Edited by John FX

8 hours ago, Nerfclasher said:

Oh I must be very tired

Of course you are tired

Tired of working for BDArmory but I don't judge you.

I'm tired too

Edited by Murican_Jeb

Every time something goes wrong with this forum software stuff gets lost and this is the new updated software that was so much better than the old one and the one we had to have, I guess I should be used to it now  but there should have been a result by now.

Regretfully it is increasingly looking like restoring the deleted threads is not possible, not without reverting to the backup made a few days before the loss, but doing this would result in the loss of all threads, posts, new member registrations and other activity that has taken place since that time.

Squads IT will continue to look for a solution, but Squad would like to respectfully request that all modders affected by this that have not already done so opens a new thread, and continues offering their amazing mods to the community.

On Squads side, precautions have been implemented to prevent this occurring again, including modifications to moderator options and changes in procedure.

On behalf of Squad I apologise for this inconvenience.