A Taste of Sweden!! -- Strv 103 Main Battle Tank [Stock]

Stridsvagn 103 Main Battle Tank

TDuqYau.png 

Designed off the original Swedish Strv 103 MBT, this fully functional replica uses tank drive systems and hydro-pneumatic (Or in this case, landingGearmatics). Consisting of 223 parts for detail and structure, this craft is recommended for good computers. Its completely fun to drive around, hit some things, break the tracks, whatever you wish with your tank!

Specs:

• Max Velocity: Around 44 m/s
  • Max Hull Traverse: 10 - 15 degrees per second 
  • Gun Elevation: +10/-10 degrees
  • Tank Drive (including point turns and swing turns)

How to Drive:

W and S do not cause the vehicle to accelerate forward, press W causes it to turn right and S to turn left, Custom groups 1 and 2 lock the corresponding sides (1 left side track locked, 2 right side track locked) causing it to turn easier at high speeds. ALSO, please check the connection between the fuel line and the rocket engine, occasionally the game thinks they are not connected, resulting into no fuel for the rocket engines.

Spoiler

R4wZPa6.pngVdRnKHK.pngy99OGjG.pngG2elpMA.png

If you guys want a tutorial as how to build the tank drive system in stock KSP or a time lapse of the build, please ask so in the comments!

This tank drive concept was derived from my older vehicle and post, you should check them out too! 

And who can forget the mighty download button :wink:

DOWNLOAD HERE

Edited by ghostbuzzer7

7 hours ago, Munbro Kerman said:

I love the detail of the tank and your clever use of landing gear as hydraulics!

I was really pushing toward some system using the old day suspension systems and a landing gear to push them down accordingly to simulate that of the real thing. Though with the newest updates, it made the engine joints rigid leading me to use landing gear. I believe the detail alone takes up more than 50% of the part count if not mistaken. Thanks :D 

17 hours ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

*Yoda Voice* A new tank fad I see, hmm?

Just another tank to add to my collection, only this is the first version to use the tank drive system. Im planning on using jet engines rather than an actual rocket next time as it promises way more fuel efficiency and thrust. 

54 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

Great work on this matey! 

Thanks! I really tried hitting the spot with details above everything :D 

On 1/8/2017 at 8:51 PM, LetsGoToMars! said:

This gave me an idea for a saab gripen fighter. All will come to fear Sweden!

Sweet tank anyway!

Anything to spread the influence of the Swedish pride. Glad you liked it :cool:

11 hours ago, TheKorbinger said:

The gun on the real thing does not move at all. The tank uses hydraulics to move the gun up/down and the tank turns in place for side-to-side movement

Thanks for answering, for some reason I'm not getting the replies popping up in my inbox...

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.