Drag racing idea

13 hours ago, SasquatchM said:

Wheel Colliders have to line up with actual wheel meshes now it seems

Hi what actually causes  that is that whatever the suspension transform is called is not in the correct position, as long as it is aligned with the wheel collider there are no issues but if for some reason the collider and the transform are separated, the game code pulls  everything back into line as your first pic. For ref I've found the best placement for the WC's if using stock is on the extreme outer edge of the wheel mesh, although if you've set up for the KSP wheels API always center the collider to the wheel mesh, this gives some advanced collider typ detection options which transform wheels completely

Parts are updated to include front and rear wheels - Azimech's originals are still required.

Wheelie bar and cfg tweaks are all that are left - at least that I can think of

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_hA1ReUylawOGJ4czhFdlpBT2s

I think the wobbles may be caused by how the wheels utilize the torque resource.  The wheels top speed is set to 500 some m/s, but they run out of torque before they get near that speed.  Then, like how jet engines flame out at different times when intakeAir is low, one wheel gets slightly more torque than the other.

Updated models and scaling, updated cfgs, added wheelie bars

DdlmP0u.png

All that is left is balancing - power curves, resources and modelling a fuel tank.  The tank apparently is usually located in the nose of dragsters, so I am considering making cowling and cockpit pieces that would fit together.

PA180020s-vi.jpg

@Azimech were you planning on balancing that stuff?

All the pre-existing links should have the new parts.

This will break craft as well.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_hA1ReUylawOGJ4czhFdlpBT2s

Edited by SasquatchM

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.