Aliens Found in Elite Dangerous

SAS123

If you haven't heard and play elite dangerous.... well now you know. People have encountered Thargoids! around the Pleadies Nebula and Aries Dark Region! You get interdicted during jumping from system to system around those two nebula. You can do it too although the chances of getting encountered is a little rare but not too rare.

16 hours ago, Bill Phil said:

Let's not jump to conclusions about them being Thargoids (unless we get word from God*, that is). In universe, the Thargoids were first encountered centuries ago... But retcons are, in fact, a thing.

*the developers

Agreed, but do you know of another species famous for ripping unwary travellers from witchspace?  Who fly octagonal ships?

No pew-pew yet please Cmdrs.  Considering past encounters with the Thargoids, a ship-scan is positively friendly behaviour.

Edited by pxi

12 hours ago, pxi said:

Agreed, but do you know of another species famous for ripping unwary travellers from witchspace?  Who fly octagonal ships?

No pew-pew yet please Cmdrs.  Considering past encounters with the Thargoids, a ship-scan is positively friendly behaviour.

I don't see how that's octagonal... But then again, perspective can make some things pretty weird.

Heh fair point, but the ships have a rather striking eight-sided symmetry though...  I'm willing to chalk up the differences to a bit of artistic licence and increased polygon counts, after all the Imperial Clipper looks a bit different to the FE2 Courier it canonically is.

I still reckon it's Thargoids.

On 6 January, 2017 at 7:07 AM, SAS123 said:

If you haven't heard and play elite dangerous.... well now you know. People have encountered Thargoids! around the Pleadies Nebula and Aries Dark Region! You get interdicted during jumping from system to system around those two nebula. You can do it too although the chances of getting encountered is a little rare but not too rare.

We don't know for sure that they're Thargoids. but i think they are

Edited by Findthepin1

4 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

I don't have ED, but I'm thinking of getting it...are any of the DLCs needed to find the aliens? or are they useless...

and should I get it, I mean it looks really cool...

Reasonably sure Horizons is not needed for what is currently going on.

Previous to this there have been alien 'barnacles', crash sites, and so on - which being planet-side things, do need the expansion to see them.  The main benefit (imo) of Horizons is access to the engineers, which are quite useful (my exploraconda goes quite a bit further in a single jump now), but this generally won't be something you absolutely need day one.

Should you get it?  I'm a long-time follower of the Elite franchise, and I absolutely love how the game has turned out, but that also renders me somewhat biased.  For many it's the Marmite of space sims.

You don't really need Horizons for anything except planetary landings. But for me, personally, it's a must have. I got spoiled by Frontier and First Encounters, and I like flying around planets, driving rovers, and such. Not that there's much to find tho.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.